Saturday, November 19, 2022

Baby It's Cold Outside, But Hot With Peppers

 

Bleubeard and I are back hosting Art Journal Journey and our themes are Collage Fodder, Food and Drink, or both.  Today is all about food!

Bleubeard refuses to have anything to do with today's journal page.  One sniff was enough for him.  I even had to wear disposable gloves so I didn't get any of the hot pepper on my hands or in my face.

In an overhead shot, it's hard to tell which is a real pepper

and which is part of the two images.

Maybe this will help.

 
The yellow pepper was from a different plant. 

I "borrowed" these peppers from my neighbor who used my veggie garden to plant several varieties, all too hot for me.

I was really mesmerized by how similar my neighbor's peppers resembled the ones in the glossy images.

I decided to play around with the focal point on my camera

and really enjoyed seeing the difference I was able to create.  Bleubeard says it's because he wasn't there to keep me focused.

I have to admit, this is not about collage today because it is quite dimensional.

I started with a sheet of 8.5 X 11 in. (21.59 X 27.94 cm.) scrapbook paper to which I adhered two images I found in my stash.  I then added eight peppers (three on left, five on right) to the page.  I didn't add the date because I couldn't decide where it should go.  And yes, it is FRIGID outside.  It didn't get above freezing all day yesterday (Friday) or last night.

Bleubeard and I are grateful you visited today and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Collage Fodder, Food and Drink, or both. 
 

  We are also joining AEDM.

 

14 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

My partner loves peppers (the hotter the better). These pages from your journal would make him drool.

Iris Flavia said...

Wonderful post, Elizabeth. But, oh!!!! I still have the superhot peppers from the market in the fridge. And no idea what to do with them.
Very well done pages. Would you mind if I print it (last pic) and hang it in the kitchen? It would be perfect!
Maybe you would like to sign it and send it in higher resolution?

I can live with a no, no worries.

Mae Travels said...

I love your photography experiments to see how to create a 3-D image that clarifies what’s flat and what isn’t. It’s hard to predict which peppers will be super. hot and which ones more palatable. I have often burned my hands when de-seeding peppers— of course 🌶 are so caustic, especially the seeds.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

This is a great idea for a cold day. I can't say I'd want to eat that many hot peppers, but it's a great photo and idea for your challenge. And I like how the plate photo is set on that diamond paper that looks so much like a placemat. Nice!!!! Happy Saturday. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Hot peppers are not for me, although they are very pretty to look at on your journal page. Have a great weekend, Valerie

jinxxxygirl said...

Yeah i can't handle the heat either.. although i have gotten better over the years.. sometimes i can handle the heat better than hubby.. But when it gets too hot it takes away from the enjoyment of the flavor.. Love your page Elizabeth! Hugs! deb

Jeanie said...

Did you grow these? What are you going to do with them all! I like spicy but ... enough is enough!

Rita said...

I'm with Bleubeard! One sniff is enough for me. ;)

CJ Kennedy said...

I'm another one that sides with Bleubeard. Those peppers are too hot for me.

Christine said...

They look pretty

sirkkis said...

Sorry, I'm allergic to spices, but your page is great!
Have a happy Sunday and the upcoming week xx

Debra said...

I think Bkeubeard has it right-keep your distance! I love the combination of photo and real peppers. Very creative.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Definitely too hot for me...even on a cold day. Your page looks great though! Hugs, Chrisx

Neet said...

I think I should keep away from hot peppers as I might jut rub my eyes without thinking. Am not surprised Bleubeard wants noting todo with this page, I don't think he and peppers will go together.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps hope you are feeling better