Sunday, October 2, 2022

Second on the 2nd meets Monday Murals

 

I normally like to find a post that reminds me of the Art Journal Journey host of the month.  This month, the 2nd landed on Sunday, the day I share Monday Murals.  I decided to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals with my Second Look.  That means some of you will have seen this mural before.  Please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time.

This mural is from July, 2020.  It's the second time I took photos of the mural outside the Nifty Nut House. 

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiXjuqAd8l9lKmHNpnVemXHtAwobDONOgnAy6jN0Ki0PtE5hbqqjctjefGgF1TX5AWDiKn6Z4xeLl_OY8LNzDrBjP0NEju3b8gEw20n5bBf9yUAjXVKwljDjijC_F4sukzSXZt0TA/s1600/1.jpg  This mural covers the entire south side of the original Nifty Nut House.

Let me share a few close ups:

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhLQRfqbyaWlvgl1Iqs9sBf1mMOtQW25lStIVIqJmSrdPLfQfQu1jUKjvo80NyCKHmxyIwH-xF6yq5_dgp8bSzfAHf_u0MkOTtyxl4UlkAFGpVUdlcgTX0m1aQCjVyHz6ur1cZ9rg/s1600/4.jpg

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh7uFBP66ud-PsU7j-P1wNNbSVfxO2gwc9bbe1K7_auUX7P4964ErdHBxzJCstxBOamOHJ-wJGffFCYGg6Im8lGA_v0ZJG_F3j_LvyxFEuoOQh-VO73imNKwMyY1l_m91PEcEdLNg/s1600/5.jpg  Hopefully, you'll see things you didn't see before.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjcLGIcrXtNsHbFARNPulg8A_1AyEL_5TSRFqBfdu08lynFBSfbD12-oAyF8oyHmDXXTrrk679WbFWgbfxYoGO-MmFgPv3qHCXkSWZKQF2YziraMjCgZx4pHL-hJoXJanYRLp4Aog/s1600/6.jpg     Did you notice the heart scrawled onto the tree trunk?  And how the squirrels are working together harvesting the nuts?

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjUbMTJ0g324lYMDo15AZ80Zh7gXoQGSmxOSbQhqHUlrvC-n3dTxwbMpD2WoLnoKFS9qOLY9NgoH2ropEeu6NwXAs9PeDRTWWByqyWzYsraEyo4Zs6wtcBIRL7F_UUhxpISyQO3jA/s1600/7.jpg   They're storing their nuts for winter, while the auditor is taking inventory.

   They all work hard together.

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgt1rgePsxNe4lw7Y9JJOzoF7g9hawbXBu9wKVfUi6eT1W-7w5ubbmXWAaoN50n7DCud98hTsv4m6Kc1btqR_bqI5xdlwBRTVjjBCj8PQZQsdd4aYpNXO18LdN0-jC3K0NUlmhQLw/s1600/9.jpg  It's fun to check out this mural up close.  Although it's not a fable or folklore, it's still a cute story to which we all can relate.

The Nifty Nut House is located at 537 North St. Francis in Wichita, Kansas, USA.  It is a specialty house that sells nuts of all types, many of which they roast in their store, candies, and the most wonderful homemade fudge they also make in their store.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.

Now it's time to share your own Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any length, any artistic endeavor is acceptable, as long as it's been published sometime in the past.  Then link below (direct links only, please) and Bleubeard and I, along with other Second on the 2nd friends, will be by to visit. Please be aware, this link will only be open until T Stands For Tuesday goes live on Monday, October 3, which is tomorrow, at 4:00 p.m. my time.  Therefore, posting on the 2nd is going to be your only option.



 

20 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

That is a truly delightful mural which has me smiling broadly. Thank you.

Lisca said...

Yes, that’s a lovely mural. I remember liking it the first time I saw it. It’s great to see that again.
Sorry I haven’t got a second on the second as I’m still at the hospital with only my phone. ( for a change I hadn’t forgotten).
Graham is a bit better and the real urgency has passed. We hope to hear the surgeon’ decision on Monday. He might be sent home and the surgery scheduled for another time.
Have a lovely Sunday,
Hugs,
Lisca

Iris Flavia said...

I can´t remember it, and it´s so fun! Peanut is such a silly guy, too!
He knows there´ll be two walnuts outside for him at the King Frog, yet I saw him grabbing the nut and burying sometimes one right here in the flowerbed or jumping over to the neighbor one´s and saving it there!
I live in a nuthouse ;-)

My name is Erika. said...

I remember this mural, and it is really fun to see it again. Those squirrels are great! I love that it is large and had so much going on, but it all relates to one thing, the nuts for Nifty Nut House. It was a great mural time one, and definitely worth a second look. I hope all is well with you this new month. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

What a fun mural! Those busy squirrels!

Mae Travels said...

That's such a great mural!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jackie McGuinness said...

I love it!

Lowcarb team member said...

This is lovely, lovely, lovely.
I'm still smiling after seeing it.

All the best Jan

Christine said...

Lovely.

Bertiebo said...

Lovely and very well done!

Iris Flavia said...

A lille late, but I found one worthy to share :-)

Sami said...

Worth a second posting, it's such a cute mural. Love the squirrels and the colourful castle.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Elizabeth.

Rob Siemann said...

As a scifi and fantasy fan, I absolutely love this mural!

CJ Kennedy said...

I just love this mural. So much fun.

Jeanie said...

This is a mural worth seeing again! It's magical and charming and the art is so well done. I'm glad you featured it again.

Tom said...

...Elizabeth, I like your "story book" mural, it's so whimsical. Enjoy your week.

Alice said...

Eye-catching advertising, and lots of fun

Michelle said...

I love murals! And this one is absolutely adorable. So many interesting details. And perfect for The Nut House.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love this place!!! Chrisxx

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, I have missed the Monday Murals... this one is hilarious!
Alison x