Saturday, September 17, 2022

Dream

 

 Today I'm back joining Neet at Hickydorums, our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her Fur and/or Feathers theme.  Since I'm also featuring an animal (in this case, imagined), it also qualifies for Try it on Tuesday's latest theme.

I was so impressed with Jo's giraffes, when I found a WWF (World Wildlife Fund) card in my stash, I had to cut it apart and turn it into this journal page. 

Here are the individual detail shots:





I started by spritzing a sheet of 110 lb cardstock with several colors of my handmade shimmering mists.  When it was dry, it buckled badly, but I was not going to let that deter me.  I fussy cut all the giraffes on the card and found two squares and a rectangle that each giraffe could fit in.  I had planned to outline each giraffe, but realized I was not that dexterous, so decided to not take the chance.
 
Bleubeard and I are so happy you dropped by today.  We also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey and Try it on Tuesday.

On Friday (yesterday), I was called for Jury Duty, then went grocery shopping.  I have an art festival I am attending today, so I will be by to visit all my friends I haven't visited at Art Journal Journey, Try it on Tuesday, Friday Face Off, and Friday Smiles when I get home.  I have found there are only so many hours in a single day, but fear not. I will be by to visit.    

 

18 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Very sweet work.
Oh, but I saw giraffes fighting, too (on TV). Huh, they don´t look that kind, then ;-)
When we were in Perth Zoo I sadly only saw the portrait of "The Kiss" a giraffe-mother gave to her baby.
No idea where they were.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page, Elizabeth. Yes, the hours in the day are limited, and as I get older and slower they seem to spin by even more quickly! Hugs, Valerie

craftytrog said...

I love your inky background Elizabeth, and the colourful giraffe is beautiful.
Hope you're having a good weekend.
Alison

Elephant's Child said...

Oooh. And ahhh. Thank you.

Neet said...

What a fabulous giraffe he is and I love how you have picked up the colours in his magnificent coat in your inky background. It looks so good the way you have composed the page with the rectangles and then the monotone small giraffe by the colourful one.
A delightful page Elizabeth.
Hugs, Neet xx

Christine said...

Beautiful!

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my, how amazing is your page! I adore the giraffe image that you used, I would have to use it on a page too! Thanks so much for the shout out, I'm glad you liked my giraffes page 😊. I hope you're having a lovely weekend! Hugs Jo x

Mae Travels said...

Nature made a big mistake in coloring giraffes — nature should learn from your vastly improved version!

best…mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your colourful giraffe.
Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

Nancy said...

Lovely colors and I really like the "splashy" look of your background.

My name is Erika. said...

Who doesn't love giraffes? That's the same thing I wrote on Jo's comment, and it's worth writing again. I love the colors on this giraffe. You used the best colors for your splatters too. They really accent these fun images. I hope you're having a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

And I forgot to mention, thanks for joining us at TIOT too. So thanks for joining us.

Meggymay said...

Oh my I just had to call in to this post , I am loving the colourful and happy looking giraffe. It sounds like you are being very busy, take some time for yourself as well.
Yvonne xx

Jenn Jilks said...

I love the giraffe!

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm loving that background!

I've never been called for jury duty.

CJ Kennedy said...

The giraffe sure has a dreamy expression on his face. Cute page

Jeanie said...

This is charming. I've always really liked giraffes.

Sharon Fritchman said...

This is so beautiful. I love the amazing images of the giraffes from the WWF. You created a lovely page with them.