Sunday, July 17, 2022

Monday Murals: another Wichita, KS flag

 

It's Sunday, which means it's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today. 

This is what happens when you are driving along and see a mural out of the corner of your eye.


Since I was in heavy traffic, this was the best I could do on the fly.  It's quite iconic with the Wichita, Kansas flag on the left, the Keeper of the Plains in the middle, several buildings that make up our skyline, including the Historical Museum, and of course, our sunflowers.  Unfortunately, the cars were parked there because they were designated spots.  This mural sits on the back of a condo complex in the block of 200 South Main in Wichita, Kansas (USA).

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks for stopping by to visit Bleubeard and me today, too. 


21 thoughtful remarks:

Mae Travels said...

SO great that you got any photo of that! Seeing a mural in traffic when I can't get a photo of it always makes me crazy. Sometimes I try to remember where they were, sometimes I never get there again! One in our downtown is only visible from a busy street where you can't stop. Oh well!

Have a nice Sunday... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

I´m with Mae.
When the Big Niece first came to school I was invited. A 60 km drive, but there was a construction site. Like in your case heavy traffic and I saw a wonderful mural, not a chance to stop or get the cam.
Next time the construction site was gone and I have no idea how to get there again.

Glad you got this pic!
Sunflowers these days sure rather make one sad.

Elephant's Child said...

You did MUCH better taking a photo on the fly than I ever do. And yes, I agree. Sunflowers make my heart ache a bit at the moment.

CJ Kennedy said...

Wow, that you were able to get a shot of the mural while in traffic. Too bad the cars were parked in front of it. That looks like one gorgeous mural

My name is Erika. said...

I still can't over how many murals in Wichita. That's what happens when you live rural and there are not that many murals around. (Well, except nature made ones-smile). Hope you're having a great weekend. It's heating up here, but it is July so that's to be expected. Hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Very nice

jinxxxygirl said...

Great catch Elizabeth!!

Jenn Jilks said...

I don't see many murals. They can be inspiring!

Divers and Sundry said...

I don't even try to do anything while I'm driving except drive lol You got a great shot!

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous mural! I love the way they incorporated the glad with the buildings and sunflowers 😊. Happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

Tom said...

...I just got in from shooting murals and some of them aren't easy! Thanks for sharing.

Lowcarb team member said...

It looks a good mural, well done on getting this photograph.

All the best Jan

Sami said...

Well spotted Elizabeth. It's an eye catching mural and love the sunflowers. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

s.c said...

Nice try and we see what message the artist brings with this mural.

Jackie McGuinness said...

There is a new one on a condo, huge, that I will never get a good photo as the wall backs onto an expressway!

Jeanie said...

I think the only way you could get a good view of that would be if they shut the street down! Well done, Elizabeth!

Cloudia said...

Enjoyed seeing that. Interesting to see the sun symbol associated with New Mexico

magiceye said...

Now on record! Documented. Better luck next time!

Linda said...

A good shot considering the parked cars.

craftytrog said...

A great catch, considering you were in traffic!

pearshapedcrafting said...

This looks like a fabulous mural - I'm guessing that you may go back ;-) Hugs Chrisx