Monday, July 25, 2022

Happiness and Voting

 

I'm once again joining Wendy K at Wendy's Craft Journal, our host this month at Art Journal Journey Wendy's theme is Doors and Arches.

This journal page is filled with happiness.

This happiness is shown in the painting above.

"Happiness often sneaks in through a door

you did not know you left open." ~John Barrymore

For this page, I started with a sheet of 140 lb black cardstock to which I added the painting I found in my stash and the computer generated words, all sewn in place.

Thanks for taking time to drop by today.  Bleubeard and I are very grateful for your visit.  We also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Doors and Arches.

I try not to get too political on my blog, but some things MUST be said.

Tomorrow we go to the poles, if we haven't already voted early.  I received this in the mail and just want to let all my blogger friends know what is at stake this year.  EVERY registered voter, regardless of party affiliation, will be able to vote on this.

The ads on TV are very misleading.  For example, the Yes people's ad states they want to stop taxpayer funded abortions.  I've lived in Kansas much of my life and have NEVER given taxes for an abortion.  I can give up to $3.00 of my refund to Ducks Unlimited, but not abortions.  That statement is a LIE.  They also insist that parents be notified in the event their daughter wants an abortion.  That statement is MISLEADING because it seemingly gives parents the right to know if their 24 year old or even 36 year old daughter decides to have an abortion.  Their third statement is putting a cap on late term abortions.  Where is the cap? The third trimester, the last 60 days? Where do we draw the line?  That statement is CONFUSING.

What the Yes people won't tell you is they really want to allow a complete ban on abortion.  As it stands now, a rape victim may choose to carry the fetus to full term, put it up for adoption, or abort.

Incest is worse.  If the child is required to carry the fetus full term, she could be giving birth to her sister or brother, who is also her daughter or son.  That is a really chilling and unthinkable thought.

The idea of not permitting an abortion when a woman's life is at risk is so bad, even countries like North Korea and India permit these abortions.  Let's look at these conditions.

An ectopic pregnancy is when the embryo attaches outside the uterus.  Most occur in the fallopian tube.  This is the leading cause of death in the first trimester.

A septic pregnancy, also known as septic shock can occur due to bacteria in the blood stream.  Pregnant woman can get if from kidney, abdominal, or uterine infection.

The only cure for the two pregnancies above is abortion.  Seems like the Yes people are playing god.  If the women do not receive an abortion, they will die.  There is no cure other than a safe abortion. 

I can only hope the NO vote carries, but the wording is so confusing, uninformed voters often vote Yes even if they have no idea what they are voting for.  I do now and will ALWAYS believe in CHOICE.

 

9 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

That is one gorgeous door - and thought.

Iris Flavia said...

First of all: I love your work and quote.
Can you believe Ingo sneaked up on me and said, "haven´t you seen Peanut walk just close by?!" I left the door open and sadly have not.

Second:
Politicians are liars and try to confuse the dumb ones, mostly even with success, sadly.
Here they scream "privacy protection" all the time so why would a parent... too long!

Third: Yes, we have the biological knowledge, why go back in time and risk people´s lives, mother or child, I just fail to understand.
In Germany this is no subject - yet. Who knows if they jump on that train here cause America is so great.
Glad I´m too old for this anyways.

I try to avoid politics on the blog mostly, too, but at times it just needs to get out!

My name is Erika. said...

That page looks like a wonderful place to be. No troubles, no confusing political writing, just nice bike rides in beautiful places. And a beautiful door too. It’s perfect for Wendy’s challenge. I hope lots of people vote no today. I hope lots of people vote. That is the only way to know what the majority really think. I hope you let us know what happens. I don’t know why people want to take away other people’ s freedoms in a country that says we are free. Well I know many reasons but it is really a sad place we’re at. Hugs Erika

Mae Travels said...

Kansas could lead the nation back to the old horror show -- or show what people of good will are about. I hope the voters protect women's rights and don't enact such a terrible amendment. Your discussion is clear and right.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

craftytrog said...

It's so sad that women's rights are being ignored again! All that progress wasted!
Your page is charming though, and I love the quote Elizabeth.

Cloudia said...

Good For YOU! WE voted by mail yesterday here in Honolulu

jinxxxygirl said...

I believe in Choice too Elizabeth.. I wish people could see this is a bigger issue than abortion.. I almost missed this post! On to the Tparty now!! Hugs! deb

Jenn Jilks said...

Many upper class, priviledged white politicians think they know best. Until you've been young, pregnant, ill with an ectopic pregnancy, they have no place in putting their religious fervour into politics.
Thank you for speaking out for those who most need this kind of healthcare.
And from me, I had an abortion in 1974. I know whereof I speak.

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous image! Wishing happiness sneaking through a door near you some time soon! Hugs, Chrisx