Saturday, May 28, 2022

Shedding their shells

 

Some of you might have noticed I have been offline since early Thursday, first due to a lightening strike that took out my electricity, then, when I tried to restart my computer once the electricity was back on, something was fried inside.  Thankfully, Scott knew what the problem was when I called him.  He ordered the part from Amazon and showed up today to install it.  I have a LOT of catching up to do.

Don't fall over in a faint.  This is a very quick post today.  

I created this journal page for Art Journal JourneyMatilde of Craftowanie is our host this month and you probably know by now her theme is Birds
 
This journal entry is all about the layers.  The first, or bottom layer is one I created using purchased spray mist.  Next came bright yellow cardstock, then the chicks I found in a calendar.  Finally, I computer generated the words I cut and colored using the same mist. 

Thank you beyond belief for taking time to visit today.   Bleubeard and I are pleased you dropped by.  Please also join us at Art Journal Journey, where the theme this month is Birds.  You still have a few days to join in the fun.


17 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

That is super cute. And clever.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, so cute and clever, too. Thank you for the smile :-)

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice piece! Valerie

Barbara said...

Ahhh, layered perfectly!

CJ Kennedy said...

Cute page

My name is Erika. said...

It may be small, but good things come in small packages as they say. Very cute chickies. Have a fun weekend. hugs-Erika

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely stunning arty card, xx

Mae Travels said...

Nice pun: as you suggest, their mama was a layer!!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

Ahhh I like this so much. I hope you are feeling well and enjoying your weekend.

Divers and Sundry said...

Adorable! and I like your backing colors. Springtime through and through :)

Lowcarb team member said...

This is a lovely piece ... so cute and adorable.

Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

Jeanie said...

What a sweet entry. I love those fluffy chicks!

Christine said...

lovely page

Meggymay said...

This is an adorable page, I loved seeing those sweet new chicks hatching. I hope you don't get any more lightening strikes for a while.
Be safe.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

What an adorable page Elizabeth! The yellow really does make those chicks look extra fluffy! Hugs, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

You must get tired of power losses and internet losses. I'm sorry to hear that your computer needed a part. But luckily Scott was there to fix it. I would have panicked with the month ending and the new month beginning. Hopefully you have more grace than I would have had. Glad you are back, and hope your long weekend has been going well. Hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

Great page, I love those sweet chicks!