Saturday, May 14, 2022

A bird sings

 

I have another journal page for Art Journal JourneyMatilde of Craftowanie is our host this month and her theme is Birds

This spread is the result of a web site I was visiting (I think Stampington) where Dyan Reaveley provided a tutorial on copying a photo or a favorite image.

Dyan used a lightbox, but I don't have a lightbox.
 
I do, however, have lots and lots of windows.

I taped the Dina Wakley birds to the window and, as Dyan suggested, copied only the most important lines of the images.

I then fussy cut the birds minus their feet, colored them, and glued them to the page.

I then added the three circles and the sentiment using the same watercolors.

The substrate (background) was created on a book page I colored using shaving cream and dye inks.

Thank you beyond belief for visiting today.   Please also join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey, where the theme this month is Birds.
 

21 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Love this page and the quotes, beautiful and clever!

Elephant's Child said...

What a charming and uplifting page. thank you.

kathyinozarks said...

good morning-Loving your journal page Elizabeth-Happy weekend

Mae Travels said...

Nice little birds! It's quite the season for them, as many have arrived at their summer homes and are setting up for eggs and chicks, and others are still on the move to the new season's home.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Lovely page!

My name is Erika. said...

This is a fun page dear Elizabeth.I am quite fond of those birds. I like how you colored them the solid blue and used them on that spotty, splotchy and beautiful background. This is another fun page for Matilde's challenge. Have a super weekend. Hope the herbs are doing well. hugs-Erika

Debra said...

This is lovely! The background is perfect. I must try that sometime. Please tell me if there's anything I can do to make commenting at my blog easier for you...

sirkkis said...

Lovely page, Elizabeth. The composition is clever and all look being in good balance.
Sorry, you have troubles leaving comments. If you have Chrome or Safari browser, the solution is that you turn on cookies if you haven't already. If you get a message that cookies are turned off, you need to turn them on to use your desk top account. This is from Google, and I got solved my problem.
Hope you a luck :)

Helen said...

what a great idea if you don't have the stamps! Fab page.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like both the quote and the singing birds in your art piece :)

Serena Lewis said...

Love it and the colours you chose. I always feel happy inside when I hear birds singing.

Have a lovely weekend! x

Jeanie said...

This might be one of my favorite pieces of yours, Elizabeth. It's charming and you know I love the birds!

Cloudia said...

Oh I dig these! They're like a depatie freeling theatrical cartoon of the '60s. Think pink panther

Barbara said...

Very cute birdies!!!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Gorgeous artwork.

Rita said...

Very cute page. :)

Matilde said...

Lovely page! I have to try this technique, maybe I'll find this site 😊

craftytrog said...

I love the birds and that colourful background! A beautiful page Elizabeth.

pearshapedcrafting said...

All my favourite colours and those gorgeous scribbly birds - this has to be my new favourite, big hugs, Chrisx

Meggymay said...

A fabulous fun page, those birds look so cute, I loved the print background as well.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

Love your shaving cream background to begin with and the addition of the circles and the birds really make it an enjoyable page.
I live about 40 minutes away from Dyan and we share the same birthday (although I am much older than she). Her little birds are lovely and chubby. A really lovely page.
Hugs, Neet xxx