Monday, April 25, 2022

Here comes the rain


I'm once again joining Alison, aka Craftytrog, our host this month at Art Journal Journey, with a song for her Play it again, Sam theme.

Today I'm bringing a song from the Eurythmics, a new wave dance pop duo who were famous throughout the 1980s.  The fussy cut umbrellas and the post title should have told you the song is called Here Comes the Rain Again.  I've included a few detail shots.




Elizabeth Varadan left a comment the other day that we weren't supposed to write more than three words to a song unless we paid royalty.  I had always heard if I made the art for my own personal use, and not to be sold, it would be OK.  

However, I decided to go ahead and print it out, but cover over some of the words with the umbrellas.  I miss my fussy cut scissors.  The ones I used don't fussy cut well at all.

I'm actually still in recycle mode.  The words were printed on a used file folder and the umbrellas started life as wallpaper samples.

Thanks ever so much for joining Bleubeard and me today.  Bleubeard and I are so happy with the lovely comments you left regarding my recycling projects.  I hope you will also join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey with your own Play it again, Sam journal art.
 

19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Good morning Elizabeth! I love your umbrella page and I remember that son well, it's playing in my mind as I write this. Have a great day, take care, and please could you link me o TsfT this evening? Hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

Clever - and beautiful. Colour me awed. Again.

My name is Erika. said...

You did a great job cutting out those umbrellas I thought they were printed on the page until I looked closely at a few of your photos. And its a great song too, and you illustrated it well. This another fun page for Alison's challenge. You've made some beauties this month. Hope your week starts off well and I'll see you for T this evening. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Artwork, poems, songs, etc. use for your own work is a bit of a grey area. It's still a copyright violation to use work without permission. A bit of leeway is given if works are used in teaching. There are lots of songs, poems, and artwork that are in the public domain which can be used without violating copyright.

Those cheery umbrellas take the grey out of a rainy day.

Christine said...

Lovely inspired page

kathyinozarks said...

Good mornng, another beautiful page for the theme loving those umbrellas

jinxxxygirl said...

Love the song! AND the umbrellas!! The end result was totally worth the effort to fussy cut them ! Copyright infringement? I can't keep it straight and half of it is a little ridiculous to me anyway.. But better safe than sorry.. Hugs! deb

Jeanie said...

That's so perfect for right now -- huge rainstorms this weekend, bracketed with sun and warmth. Spring.

DVArtist said...

I could use all of these umbrellas. Love the theme. Have a lovely day.

Sami said...

Great page with the umbrellas. It has started raining here tonight, our first rains of Autumn. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

What a great page. You chose the perfect image to pair with the perfect song for April :)

Jenn Jilks said...

These are really fun! I quite like them!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cute piece Elizabeth, and it happens to BE raining here again today, yet, still ~~~~

bleu and squiggles; heerz hopin yur week end waz AWESUM !!! ;) ♥♥

Cloudia said...

Jaunty umbrellas

pearshapedcrafting said...

An absolutely brilliant page to go along with this song! Hugs, Chrisx

Valerie-Jael said...

The comment I left you yesterday has sadly disappeared. Valerie

craftytrog said...

A great song and page Elizabeth! I love those colourful umbrellas.

Meggymay said...

A super song inspiration for the theme and I love the assortment of bright colourful umbrella's you used.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

A great song and beautifully illustrated

Hugs, Neet xxx