Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Second on the 2nd

 

I like to share a second look based on the guest host at Art Journal Journey, and this month the hosts are Bleubeard and myself.  Our theme is Whats Your Style? and I think you can guess what this style is.  I call this 

Shoe Fetish

I created this as one of the gifts I gave away during One World One Heart in 2008.  I'm bringing it back today because, after it was in the hands of the new owner, I wrote a bit about it.  I realize shoes quickly go out of style and favor (unless you are wearing Princess style Reebok tennis shoes whose style has remained unchanged for over 15 years and I wear exclusively).  Back to the point, I thought you might enjoy seeing the shoe style way back in the good old bygone days of 2008! I call it Shoe Fetish. Here is part of what I wrote about the piece:
I was surprised at the wide variety of shoe styles this year. Usually, the heels are either big and clunky, or skinny and spiked, but not in the same year. (By the way, I'll take my Reebok Princess style tennis shoes any day!)

I hope you can see the details of these shoes, all of which I cut from various magazines popular in 2008. The background contains various book pages cut to size. Come to think of it, this could be shoe styles and book page styles!  The woman who won it, said it spoke to her because she was prone to buying the latest model shoes.  She would certainly have had her choice in 2008.

_______________________________________________________________

Now it's time to share your own Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable.  Then link below (direct links only, please) and Bleubeard and I, along with other Second on the 2nd friends, will be by to visit.  Please be aware this link is only open for five days, so linking on the 2nd is preferred.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

If you can't get InLinkz to work properly, please try this: I have edited the code, so let's see if this works.

But wait. I want to share a new journal page that I created to compliment the shoe fetish.

Its obvious I named this Couture.

I've provided some detail shots.








For this page, I began by gluing 24 each 1 inch squares (2,54 cm squares) to 110 lb. cardstock.  I knew I would find a way to use those gifted squares and this is a great way to do it.  I then added the dressmaker rack and the cabinet with the three dresses, hat, and sweater.  Finally, I computer generated the word and glued it to the page using glue that had turned lumpy.  That is why the word looks a bit odd.  I then added the two ribbon roses using E6000.

This is for Art Journal Journey, and it has brought out Bleubeard's and my fashionista style today.


23 thoughtful remarks:

aussie aNNie said...

wow love this awesome post and those shoes...x

Elephant's Child said...

Shoes/clothing have never been a fetish of mine. Earrings of the other hand...
Love your journal pages.

My name is Erika. said...

FYI-I can't the second on the second link to work. It needs me to log in, not just link up.

I am loving your pages today. That shoe second look is fun. I love the woven background. And those shoes are not for me either, but they are fun to look at. I may be short, but I like to stick to all of my foot being on the ground. And I am also loving your new piece for AJJ. What an adorable piece. Those dresses are adorable. And I like your designed background too. It's just fun. I hope you didn't get/aren't getting too much snow. Hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

My current blog post is a review of a book describing the history of fashion and how it developed in European and American culture. The way that men and women dressed throughout the centuries became more and more different over time, and the crippling footwear for women is a good example of how women's fashion hampered women's equal participation in society. So those egregious high heeled shoes in your collage are quite a good example.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Valerie-Jael said...

Shoes and dresses galore today. I only wear my sneakers or boots, and nothing with heels, I couldn't walk in them. Sorry, no 2nd on the 2nd from me today, hope I can join in next time again- Have a great day, hugs, vALERIE

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It amazes me to see that women still wear ridiculously high heels that clearly are difficult to walk on and cause back problems later in life. Surely it doesn't require advanced knowledge of human anatomy to figure out that the whole foot should be in contact with the ground. It's clear from the selection that you show us that bizarre has trumped functionality over many centuries.

kathyinozarks said...

Great pages Elizabeth, and I really love those little dresses are you seeing any of this winter storm yet? super windy here a little ice last night and now it's snowing-stay warm hugs

DVArtist said...

OK, I will admit it I am a shoe collector. LOL I really love this. Also, the new page reminds me of paper dolls. So much fun. Have a great day.

Caty said...

Wonderful shoe fetish page Elizabeth! All those shoes are so beautiful. Don't know which I prefer.
Your fashionista style is Amazing! Loove this page you have created, the colourful squares at the background are magnifique, and I like very much how you have added the beautiful dresses at the dressmaker. Great art !
I wish you a very nice day, and send big hugs
Caty

CJ Kennedy said...

Some of those shoes would get well with the dresses. I especially like the spectator shoes 2nd shoe from the bottom on the left. I no longer wear shoes with that high a heel as now that's just a hip waiting to be broken. Around the house, I wear Crocs. Outside the house, I found Merino's, a wool shoe that is so comfortable year round. I get the slip on.

Sharon Madson said...

Fun Second Look, Elizabeth, and ties right in to your new page. I like your background of squares. Your scene reminds me of a Ginny Lind doll I had, and she fit in a little pink suitcase. When opened, the doll was on one side and the little dresses on little hangers hung on the other side. A drawer under the dresses held little shoes, a shelf above the hangers held the hats. :)
I might get a post done for today; I will try. I know you always alert us, and of course I know it’s is the second, but you know me. LOL. But what else is there to do today? I am certainly not going outside! I had to cancel my monthly Panera get together. So after I eat breakfast and change sheets, to the craft room I go!

Divers and Sundry said...

Pretty shoes, but I've never been much into shoes. Your art might convert me ;)

Darla said...

I really like both pages. The shoe page reminds me of my Mom. She had quite a collection of shoes, most with high heels. We always laughed about it. She was tiny and I think she liked feeling taller.

I am very confused about the way to share my link today. I tried though. I cannot see any of the other participants or their links either. Technology has outpaced me.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the dresses, the colours look so nice together.
What a great collection of shoes and styles, some of the heels are high.

I must admit I tend to wear a flatter shoe these days :)

All the best Jan

Jeanie said...

I fear I've been wearing the same pair of shoes nearly every day for far too many years. They're in terrible shape. But I hate shoe shopping!

Neet said...

Since breaking my ankle (parachuting) years ago I do not keep up with fashion shoes - simply because I cannot walk in them. I tnd to wear ankle boots most of the time, unless the sun is shining.
Love the shoes you have in your display, brings back many happy memories.
hugs, Neet xxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love both pages - great idea to link the two pages. Wish I could wear high heels still!

I don't seem to be able to link here I've tried on computer, phone and now my old tablet. Hugs, Chrisx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Now this is clever Elizabeth both shoes and fashion/couture great styles and like art so much variety. I'm not sure I would be able to walk in most of those shoe's give me a sturdy pair of boots any day.
Hugs Tracey xx

Birgit said...

You made a good shoe page here with many different kinds that many gals love to wear. I could never wear ones that high. I love the bright colours and you can see all shoes nicely. I really like the 2nd one that goes well with the shoes. I like the background you made and the cute dresses.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I used to love high heels (the fat ones, other I fell!). These days it´s sneakers. Even to a skirt or dress.
Love your pages and fun Idea with the second. If late I found something to join :-)

Meggymay said...

Two fantastic pages, I love those pretty stylish dresses but could never wear those shoes without tripping over. Its wonderful inspiration for your theme.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

I love these pages Elizabeth. I have to say those dresses and shoes aren't my style. I'll keep my comfy walking boots and casual clothes!

nwilliams6 said...

Shoes and clothes - some super fun pages, Elizabeth. Love your backgrounds for each as well. I love the look of high heels and pretty shoes - my daughters wear gorgeous ones, but these days I mainly wear house shoes and Chinese Laundry slippers - comfort wins with me. I haven't worn a dress in 5 years....maybe I should change that.... Hugz