Thursday, February 3, 2022

Play the hand you are dealt

 

 Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month with our theme What's your style?

But first, I'm starting with a quote, which qualifies at Try it on Tuesday's latest challenge which is Add a quote.

The quote I chose was Play the hand you are dealt.

I have included a few detail shots below.






I started this page by washing two watercolors over 110 lb. cardstock.  When dry, I glued six playing cards from my stash to the page.  I then computer generated the quote which I intentionally cut in wonky shapes and outlined using a black Sharpie fine point pen.  Next, I stamped the words.  I used both green and black ink to fill in the stencil which had different size circles.  

Thank you ever so much for visiting today.  Bleubeard and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on What's your style? and at Try it on Tuesday's challenge which is Add a quote.


20 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Sometimes playing the hand you are dealt takes immense amounts of courage doesn't it?
Love your creation.

Iris Flavia said...

Very cool! Love the whole page, quotes included.

Neet said...

I remember my mum saying it was not always easy to play the hand you are dealt with and throughout life I have come to know this quote time and time again. I love your page Elizabeth and that guy you used is perfect for it.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page and inspiration and the quote is so appropriate for the times we are living in now, my mum would have added do get on with the day to this quote.
Stay safe
Yvonne xx

Meggymay said...

OOps forgot to say thank you for joining us over at Try it on Tuesdays, I was still thinking os the quote you used, it certainly got my memories working.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

What a fun page Elizabeth. This is perfect for Try It on Tuesday. Thank you for sharing it with us. I like the man sitting on a card. I also like how this is really your style for your challenge at AJJ too. You're so good at taking a quote and then showing us that quote. I hope you didn't get too much horrible weather. And aren't continuing to get it today. What a giant storm and what a mess. I'm still in the 6-12 snow zone but looks like there will be a lot of ice overnight first. Stay safe. hugs-Erika

Debra said...

I love this! I've gotten caught up with your previous posts too. Love that shoe piece! You are very talented.

kathyinozarks said...

great page and I love the quote

Divers and Sundry said...

There are times I'd've liked to call for a new deck...

craftytrog said...

I love how that chap is sat on a playing card! Great page and quote Elizabeth.

Fiona said...

Just learning to find my style - great use of those cards

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a fun and colourful page, love how you arranged the cards! Have a great day, stay safe, hugs, Valerie

Jenn Jilks said...

This is fun! I like combining pens and pencils.

Sandra Cox said...

This is so cool. I love the way your gent is sitting on the card:)

Sharon Madson said...

Great page, Eliabeth. I like how you filled in with the stencil and stamping.

CJ Kennedy said...

Now, I'm singing the song, The Gambler by Kenny Rogers: You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run...

Jeanie said...

This is a fun page! Love the colors and the layout of the cards.

nwilliams6 said...

Love the cards, the color, and the words - all works so wonderfully and fun together, Elizabeth. GREAT page. Hugz

Matilde said...

Oh, it's a beautiful page! I like the idea of using the cards 😀

pearshapedcrafting said...

A super page for both AJJ and TIOT, thank you so much for joining us. Certainly a quote to bear in mind! Hugs, Chrtisx