Friday, February 4, 2022

FOCUS

 

Bleubeard and I are back with another journal page for Art Journal Journey.  Our theme is Whats Your Style?

We suspect you can see where we got the title of our journal page today.

Gosh, the word has a lot of glare.

Let's try it one more time.

There's a lot going on in this spread, so I will let you peruse it at your own pace.










I have been enamored with grids lately, so Bleubeard persuaded me to create one using some of my saved tea bags. Between the two of us, we rummaged through my box of scraps and found everything from tea bags, an old religious image, part of a foreign book page, a magazine image, scrapbook leftovers, found words, and various security envelopes of different styles and colors.

Thank you ever so much for dropping byBleubeard and I are simply thrilled you joined us and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on What's your style? which for us today was grids and scraps.


15 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

You can never have enough styles, and I like the way you separated them.

Elephant's Child said...

Huge thanks to you both for sharing your dedication and creativity.

Valerie-Jael said...

Give Bleubeard a hug from me for helping you make such a wonderful collage, well done! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I love this collage, and I loved reading the little words in French too- at least the words I can understand. Smile. This page is definitely your style my friend. And I like it too. Hope the storm has passed and you have some sun today. We're getting ice, but it doesn't seem to be sticking to trees. Better than the 6-12 inches of snow they predicted. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

Mother Mary's the focus for me in this one. I like how the pieces are arranged.

We lost power (along with a third of MLGW customers). Ours went out at 1 yesterday afternoon and came back on at 3 in the morning. We feel lucky it came back on so quickly. Our city has a lot of huge trees, and many of them fell. The trees are still iced over, and the high today won't get past 31. It's snowing right now but just barely and no accumulation is expected. I'm hoping we keep power now that we have it. There's no guarantee of that.

Mae Travels said...

FOCUS is always good advice! I like the subtle colors here.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Beautiful images Elizabeth!

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful colors and textures. Lots of style to choose

Jeanie said...

I should have that word pasted in every area of my house!

nwilliams6 said...

Love the teabag grid and all the other details are wonderful especially with Focus as the inspirational word. It is is a good word for me as I have ADD pretty bad. Great page for your theme, Elizabeth. Hugz

craftytrog said...

I think you know I'll love this page Elizabeth, as I'm a big collage and teabag fan. It's a great composition!
Alison

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Glad bleubeard helped you focus on this one, pretty salvaged papers along with the used tea bags, how the tanning stains the edges is a work of art in itself. It all makes for a grand styled page. HUgs Tracey xx

Meggymay said...

Each piece drew my attention and you showcased many of your styles on this fabulous page, Bleubeard worked hard passing over his thoughts on what you should show on this page.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Absolutely love this Elizabeth - a truly fabulous page for your AJJ theme - your use of scraps from just about everywhere is one of the things I definitely see as your style! Hugs, Chrisx

ScrappyHorses said...

Oooh, great piece! Wonderful collection of ideas, patterns, and textures!