Monday, December 13, 2021

T Stands For Rework

 

 Please join me for a drink today in my main floor craft room.

If there's anything that frustrates me more, it's having to perform rework.  Although this is technically not rework, I'm starting over because I didn't make enough Christmas cards.  These are so labor intensive, I'm not sure I'll get them to everyone before Christmas.  Thankfully, all the international mail went out last week or the week before.  Yes, I'm drinking coffee with half and half in my grungy mug with a lid that I use in my craft room or when I'm outside.

It's now time to share your own drink inspired post this week.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Regardless, please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.   Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.   
 
 
 
If you have time, please check out Days 1-6 in my Art Journal Advent Calendar in the previous post.


26 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

First of all, thanks for the lovely tip in which reached me today, together with the band made paper! Enjoy your coffee out of your grungy mug! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

This is the first year in a long time I had actually made my christmas cards back at the end of October--I made so many and then when I ran out this year-well I just ran out haha happy T hugs

Mae Travels said...

Your workshop looks very busy and inviting, despite the frustration of running out of cards. Enjoy the coffee!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

You are always so busy and reworking just adds to it. Enjoy your coffee.

Susan Kane said...

Having a work shop must be wonderful. My quilting is always in boxes and bins, and it is not tidy.

Sharon Madson said...

I made it! I am still working on Christmas cards, too! Then I remembered it TSFT time! Happy T Day!

Linda Kunsman said...

Wanted to email you but alas, I didn't have it (any longer, or didn't save it??)Thank you so much for the tip in, your note and darling dangling ornament! Love it and appreciate your thoughtfulness.
Though I did get cards mostly done and sent early I also missed a few in addition to not having some addresses saved, but so it goes. A card/wish for the new year is always welcome too I think ;) Happy T day!

Jenn Jilks said...

I just haven't had the heart to do Christmas cards. Lovely.

My name is Erika. said...

That is so frustrating. I'm with you about having to redo something, especially when you started early so you wouldn't have to think about it them at this time of year. I'm glad you have a big mug though so you can keep yourself refreshed as you go through the process. Have a great T day and I hope you got your cards finished. Hugs-Erika

Carola Bartz said...

I don't blame you, I don't like rework either. A few years ago I stopped sending Christmas cards and it feels very liberating. Handmade cards are definitely the best!

Elephant's Child said...

Your cards would be very, very welcome at any time of the year. And home made cards are things to treasure...

Iris Flavia said...

I must admit... I sent but one Christmas card this year - and it was a bought one!
The new job tires me out. It was a bad start and now expectations seem even higher.

aussie aNNie said...

Great tip lovely post.
I have another new blog now too if you would like to join in I would love you too https://anniescrafthaven.blogspot.com/ the follow button under the header seems to take a while to show up though...xx

Lisca said...

I'm sorry that you had to start all over again, but looking at the photo, it is well worth it. I love the colour turquoise/teal or that sort of color.
We are very familiar with your grungy mug. It looks like a thermos type of mug. Very comforting indeed.
Have a lovely T-Day,
Lisca

Nancy Chan said...

I have stopped sending cards because nowadays, me and my friends are all sending e-cards through whatsapp. Your hand made cards are very special, all made with love.

nwilliams6 said...

I am with you, Sister! I haven't mailed any yet, and don't have them all done either. I never sent the last year as work got too crazy and it looks like I may be in the same boat this year between work and my family dragging me out of the office to do fun things so I don't go crazy. I am thinking I may send them even though they are late or I may send something that is a cross between Christmas and New Years..... urgh!!!

So you are ahead of this slacker for sure!

Many hugz and happy T-day, Elizabeth.

CJ Kennedy said...

That's why it's called the Christmas season. Technically, you have until Jan. 6, Three Kings Day (Epiphany, Little Christmas). Don't think of cards arriving late, think of it as prolonging the celebration. Happy T Day

Jeanie said...

You're faring far better than I, Elizabeth. I haven't even started the Christmas cards. Which may be new year's cards.

Divers and Sundry said...

We don't send Christmas cards any more, and I admire folks who send them and especially folks who make them.

Cloudia said...

Thank you elf.

Darla said...

Your cards will be welcome anytime I'm pretty sure. We send very few cards and this year that few were purchased. I did manage a few ornaments for the grandkids though (on my post today) Hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

Olde Dame Holly said...

That is a very well-loved mug! It has been through the wars! Hope you get your cards done and enjoy the journey!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Hmm! Still making extras too! I'm sorry to say yours may be late!!! I don't take drinks to my craft room - should get one with a lid !!! Hugs, Chrisx

Lowcarb team member said...

So sorry that you had to start all over again ...

Enjoy your coffee, I'm just enjoying a cup of tea :)

All the best Jan

Debra said...

Oh my! Your gorgeous handpainted cards there on the table are so beautiful.

Spyder said...

I'm not a great fan of re-work either! It reminds me of school! I spent a whole term just tacking two bits together....and then having to unpick it, as it 'wasn't straight'! By the time I got to use the sewing machine...and was told to unpick those stitches too, the next term had ended...so I hid it, not wanting to spend the next term unpicking! I THINK I'm going to send out bought cards because nearly all my home made ones have gone a bit wonky! Sorry I'm soooo late this week,(again) everything seems to be running backwards but at the same time zooming along too fast! I do love mugs, found none in the charity shops this week but in the Crafty Charity shop I found a lazy susan type crafty storage box ...cheap as chips! I've just noticed the time on your side bar for my area! Nearly 3 in the morning! So I'll say night night! Stay safe ((Lyn))