Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Sunny weather

 

It's time once again to join Chris of Pearshapedcrafting, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  She has chosen All Kinds of Weather as her theme this month.

The forecast for today is sunny weather, unlike what I've given you in the past few days.

On a sunny day, we need to protect ourselves from the sun, as this vintage beauty has.

In case you need this translated, it reads "Let your umbrella protect you from the sun."

I had some leftover dyed ribbon and cheesecloth, so put them to good use.

I even assembled this rose 

that I hoped would compliment the lady's bouquet that looked more like poppies than roses.

As you can see, the cheesecloth is stretched behind the entire focal image.

Note both the lovely young lady and the background.

I started this journal page by coloring 110 lb cardstock with pink Staz-on reinker and 91% isopropyl alcohol.  To that I added the computer generated sentiment I outlined using a pink gel pen.  The ribbon and cheesecloth had already been dyed, or I would have done that at the same time I colored the page. I adhered the ribbon at the top and bottom of the page, then stretched the cheesecloth out from ribbon to ribbon using fabric glue.  I adhered the focal image using pop dots to raise it above the cheesecloth.  Finally, I assembled the rose and adhered it using my new tube of E6000.

Bleubeard and I would like to thank you for dropping by today.  We also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own interpretation of All Kinds of Weather.
 
This is Day 10 of Art Every Day Month (AEDM) and I created a journal page in my art journal.

I have an appointment today to get my J & J booster.  My city doesn't want people under 65 to get a booster IF they have received Moderna or Pfizer, but they recommend anyone over 18 to get the J & J booster.  I'm hoping I don't get a bad reaction.  When I got my first shot, I felt nothing.  No pain, no muscle ache, no swelling, no getting sick, NO NOTHING.  Some felt it didn't take on me, so I hope I feel the same again this time and I hope it DID take this and the first time, too.

 

23 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Another great take on the prompt - though I am blown away by how tiny the beauties waist is...

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page, good luck with the booster! Hugs, Valerie

WendyK said...

Very pretty page, wish there was some sun.

My name is Erika. said...

I'm so glad we're back to sunny weather, especially after the hurricane came through on Monday. Smile. She's a very lovely lady, and she must love pink. Your background is so pretty. I love the spotty effect and also how you dyed the cheesecloth and fabric to match. It ends up being a beautiful page. And perfect for Chris' weather challenge because the sun can be very strong, can't it? Have a great middle of week, and a nice day too. Hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

Great that you can get the booster. It's great to be protected as much as we can be.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful artwork.

Good luck with your J&J covid-19 shot. I know people who've had adverse reactions to Pfizer and Moderna, but the US Govt assures us that is very rare.

DVArtist said...

Ohhhh I simply love this one. It feels soft and delicate. Have a great day today.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, Your page is beautiful-I love it-hugs

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous page Elizabeth! I love that beautiful vintage image and the soft pink background! Love the different dyed textures you added too, so pretty!
Hugs, Tammy

Divers and Sundry said...

I wish parasols were a thing still in general use. Keep the sun off while still enjoying the outdoors.

Good luck on your booster!

craftytrog said...

A beautiful feminine page Elizabeth, with lovely added textures!

Mrs.B said...

A lovely page Elizabeth and such a gorgeous image.
Hope everything went OK with the booster jab. I've just had a 3rd jab which our Gov are recommending for the over 50's and the vulnerable, we have to do everything we can to stay safe as I don't think this virus is going anywhere soon.
Avril x

NatureFootstep said...

you created a very romantic image. Love it. :)

Empire of the Cat said...

So sweet and pretty in pink, keeping the sun off her delicate skin with parasol. Happy AEDM! Elle/EOTC xx

Leah said...

Feels very romantic! I love the layers you chose. <3

Sandra Cox said...

This is so pretty. I love it.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I truly love this!
Despite the UV-index is never really high here I saw a man with an umbrella "against" the sun on one of the rare summer days we had this year - a wonderful, enjoying sight! As your artwork! Lovely lady!

Cindy McMath said...

A lovely page! Such a pretty pink.

Birgit said...

This is a beautiful rosy page full of summer and the sun that seems to make the Victorian lady smile. I love the different textures you used. I hope you didn’t feel the effects of the dose. When I am better I plan to get my booster.

Lowcarb team member said...

This is a lovely page, great design and colours.
Hope all goes well with the booster.

All the best Jan

Neet said...

Pretty in Pink! What a delightful page - the colour for the background is the perfect one to compliment your beautiful lady who needs that umbrella to keep the sun from her lovely peaches and cream complexion.
The cheesecloth you died to match in is a lovely touch and certainly adds to the beauty of the page.
Hugs, Neet xx

Meggymay said...

A beautiful page and I loved the pink shades which gave such a warm look to the poage and made me think of warmer days.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

What an absolutely wonderful page, such a pretty colour. Thanks for making this for my AJJ theme, hugs, Chrisx