Wednesday, September 29, 2021

What Women Want

 

This will be my final journal page for Wendy's Vintage theme. She has been our host this month at Art Journal Journey and has done an incredible job sharing art she has created and visiting those of us who have linked to her theme.  We are very grateful, Wendy and have really enjoyed your theme this month. 

This modern early 20th Century woman has been perusing items she wants to purchase. 

There's never any doubt any lady likes flowers.  She often orders large bouquets for her parlor.  She also has decided she is not quite ready to give up her horse and carriage.

That's why she's looking for a reliable Livery Stable to keep her carriage in good shape.  She also wants to give her summer cottage a new look.

What could be better than new custom carpets and settees.  She also wants a stamp so she doesn't have to sign all those checks she plans to write.


 
After all, she is a modern woman who knows what she wants.

I'm sure she has a maid who does all her sewing, too.

I began this 110 lb. cardstock page using my go-to background of black Staz-on reinker and 91% isopropyl alcohol.  I cut the black mat using my deckle scissors and affixed the assembly to the page.  I stamped the four ads and sewed the ribbon I dyed using coffee.

Thank you beyond belief for dropping by today.  Bleubeard and I are delighted you visited and hope to see you in the next two days at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Vintage.  You still have time to enter this fun challenge.


17 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page, I'm dreaming now about being a lady who can buy all she wants and have other people to do everything! But perhaps it's better to stay as I am! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Dawn said...

Either My Fair Lady and be a lady that works in a flower shop or David Walliams and Matt Lucas doing their 'lady' comedy sketches...Lovely vintage page xx

Elephant's Child said...

Huge thanks to you and to Wendy. I have really enjoyed this month's creations.

Iris Flavia said...

Wow, she is beautiful!!!
I´m glad I live today, with internet and all, but, oh, she sure had style!
Great page. Sad the vintage theme is over...

sirkkis said...

Beautiful vintage page. Really lovely lady and embellishments, Elizabeth.
I posted my last vintage post, and thank you for inspiring theme.
Have a nice day xx

WendyK said...

Gorgeous lady for lovely page, thank you for your support Elizabeth.
Hugs Wendy

My name is Erika. said...

She is very lovely. I can't imagine how many checks she has to write for just her clothes. That dress looks like it uses a lot of fabric. Smile. What a nice photo and a nice idea for a page for Wendy's challenge. It has been a good one, hasn't it? Hope your month ends in a good way. Hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

A lovely lady, and a beautiful page Elizabeth!
Hugs,
Alison

Mae Travels said...

I’ve enjoyed your voyage through vintage, and your focus on the era of beautiful clothing and luxury. I guess life wasn’t as much fun for the maid who did the sewing, hung up the clothes when the lady took them off, and so on, but we can pretend we would have been among the lucky few back then, not the ones who took in washing and maybe wore cast-offs.


best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Annie said...

I smiled all the while reading about this woman who knows exactly what she wants. A very fun vintage page. I love all the old advertising pieces that helped create her story.

CJ Kennedy said...

The lace edge really adds to the piece. That is some hat she's wearing plus all her hair piled on her head.

Divers and Sundry said...

This woman wants that chair. I'm admiring the hat, too, but I think it might be just a bit too much for me lol

Sharon Madson said...

Love that lady, Elizabeth. Lovely ribbon sewn on there. Great page.I hope you are having a great week.

Rita said...

I love how you made a story out of this and brought her to life. :)

Neet said...

What a beautiful photo you chose to be the main illustration on your page. She really is a very beautiful lady of her time.
I am impressed that you have included a lot of stamping on this page, I love the old adverts and funnily enough have a pile of them on my desk at the moment, I made a new journal book with some papers ~i don't use and thought I would give it a vintage theme throughout.
Have a lovely weekend dear Elizabeth. Remember me to Bleubeard.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Lowcarb team member said...

What a lovely lady and what a lovely page ...
Thank you.

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

Such a beautiful page Elizabeth. Love the addition of the lace, Hugs, Chrisx