Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Bliss


It's time once again to join Wendy, our host this month at Art Journal Journey, with her theme which is Vintage

I've named this journal entry Bliss.

I created a floral "corsage" to match the hat and bouquet of the lady in the vintage painting.

If it looks like everything matches, it's because it does!

I dyed the cheesecloth,

the flowers,

and the ribbon

to match the background color.

I found the word Bliss in a magazine and it spoke to me.

I started this 110 lb. cardstock page using my go-to background of pink Staz-on reinker and 91% isopropyl alcohol.  While making the mixture, I also dyed the flowers, ribbon, and cheesecloth.  I assembled the flowers and leaves and created a three flower corsage.   I added some dried baby's breath for filler.

When the cardstock was completely dry, I ran ribbon across the width of the page and affixed it using E6000.  I laid down the cheesecloth and placed the focal image over it.  Next, I draped the cheesecloth behind the focal image and the corsage I placed on the page.  I then added the ribbon streamers and the found word.

Thank you beyond belief for dropping by today.  Bleubeard and I are delighted you visited and hope to see you soon at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Vintage.

19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a really gorgeous and romantic vintage page, Elizabeth, I love how you dyed the accessories to match the picture. A wonderful page for AJJ! Have a great day, take care, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

This is so beautiful! A delight to see.
LOL, I´ve never heard the word "cheesecloth" and had to google it. These days we call it Baumwollgaze, gaze or gauze.
Now I want cheese! :-)
No really, this is beautiful!

Elephant's Child said...

Your corsage adds immeasurably to the image.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

She is lovely, and this art piece is beautiful.

Barbara said...

Elizabeth, this is beyond lovely! It shows how much thought and effort went into creating it. Well done!

CJ Kennedy said...

Very pretty and romantic.

My name is Erika. said...

What a sweet vintage page. The pink is so pretty, and that lady image is a beauty. You did a great job matching the flowers too. It makes me think of spring and summer, not this damp drizzly first day of fall. Hope you day is nicer. Hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

This is a very pretty piece, Elizabeth. I love the colors, image, exture, everything.

Olde Dame Holly said...

How unique, to make that lookalike corsage!

Marjut said...

Lovely vintage page!

craftytrog said...

A beautiful romantic page Elizabeth! I love how you dyed everything to match.
Alison

kathyinozarks said...

Really beautiful page for the theme-I love it

Sandra Cox said...

This is so delicate, feminine and pretty.

Rita said...

So delicate! And you made them all match. :)

aussie aNNie said...

Wonderful selection of mages all so beautiful, and love the colours.

Neet said...

That is so beautiful. All the trouble you went to to get things right have paid off. The muslin, the flowers and the lace ribbon all match perfectly to the flowers in her hat. What a lot of care has gone into this page and how lovely has it turned out. Love it.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Meggymay said...

A stunningly beautiful journal page, the flowers and the muslin trimming look fantastic. It looks so romantic for the Vintage theme that Wendy gave us at AJJ this month.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! It looks so romantic with the pink, lace and pretty image - perfect 😀. Happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

So sweet! The pink is perfect for her, isn't it, and I love her hat.