Saturday, September 4, 2021

August Complete and September already written in my never ending calendar

 

As you can see, August is complete.  Note I voted in person on the 3rd.  I got an application to vote by mail, but it came two days before the election, which was too late to return it.  LOVE our postal service (not).
 
In May, I had a conversation with Alison Bomber about time zones when I told her what time to publish her first post.  It got me thinking about time zones, which I've always been fascinated with.  I point out that most of my internet (aka blogger) friends live in different time zones from me.  When I found this statement on the internet, I simply had to write it out.  You probably can't read my writing, so I'll type it out below.
Aren't time zones amazing?
In Australia it's tomorrow.
In Europe it's tonight.
And in the U.S. it's 1942, where minorities, women, and LGBT are still under assault by old white men!
The right side is mostly about birthdays and Joseph's visit to Wichita.  And in case you are curious, the bamboo has returned with a vengeance, but I hope the new tarps will take care of that.

September has already been written in, but this is the first chance I've had to share it with the world (actually my friends, followers, lurkers, and readers).  This may seem like a stretch to some, BUT this, the first home computer, was introduced in January, 1952.  It took until January, 1964 for the first mouse to appear.  For those of you unlike me who still insist on tying your computer to Microsoft Windows, you are not alone.  The first Windows software was invented in January, 1985.  Even Wendy's definition of Vintage dating to the mid-20th Century applies.  Therefore, I truly believe this is an acceptable entry for Wendy's Vintage theme at Art Journal Journey.  My problem is, I still don't know how to stamp!

Thanks so very much for joining me today.  Feel free to laugh at my calendar pages and my very rather boring life.  Bleubeard is ignoring me and Squiggles is lying next to my computer chair sleeping.  Story of my life, it seems!  Also, Bleubeard and I hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Vintage.


16 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

LOVE that time zone saying.
And am super impressed at your calendar. Mine is less full and much less pretty.

Valerie-Jael said...

That time zone saying is fabulous, I need to remember it. Thanks! Your calendars look good, have fun filling in September. I'm not so organised, I like to write on scraps of paper which I mostly loose....
Have a great weekend, Elizabeth!

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, thank you for another earworm ;-)
We have invitations to vote here, too - and we will sure go!
Oh, time zones.
I "made" my Aussie friends run and phone for me with our stupid management at the Caravan Park there. I felt so sorry - I gave the number via FB and the other drives by when on the way to the city. In the end a third one gave me her bank-data and... oh, it was madness! Not due to to time-zones but to stupidity of the management... which was replaced when we arrived, no wonder, that.
Some memories you gave me!
What a fun post!
My boss once took my peach (!!!!) trying to show a customer my work. She mistook it for the mouse and refused my help.
We laughed so hard afterwards.

craftytrog said...

That time zone saying is great Elizabeth, and your calendars look good in spite of what you say. My life is also very mundane these days. Thank goodness I have my art!
Alison

My name is Erika. said...

Fun computer stamp on your calendar. And thanks for the update about bamboo. I didn't know it could take 2 years to remove. I tarped some plants 2 falls ago, left them covered all winter and then dug out the not the withering roots in the late spring. Not bamboo plants though. I have to do some more this fall as I want to make a separate squash bed since I've had 2 bad zucchini summers. I just remember when we wen to Japan we wanted to go to the bamboo forest, (which we did), and the Japanese people we were with couldn't believe we wanted to visit the forest of weeds. Smile. Have a great Saturday. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

A wonderfully busy month and I love the kitty face stamp marking Bleubeard loving the attention he got from your friend, Joseph. Great time zone quote, too!

Jeanie said...

I like how you keep your calendar, like a journal, almost. And oh, those empty pages!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your calendar looks fabulous. Time zones are fascinating and that quote is so sad! Hugs, Chrisx

Mae Travels said...

I agree that time zones are fascinating. Remember in Around the World in 80 Days that the two travelers thought they had failed in their task, but then realized that they had gained a day when crossing the International Dateline? In real life, that happened to Magellan's ship when it completed the first circumnavigation of the globe. Magellan was long before the establishment of formal time zones, which were invented to make railroad schedules work. You no doubt already know all this, and probably have blogged about it too, but your post made me think about it.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Andree said...

Hi Elizabeth, please excuse me hijacking your blog comments to contact you but I couldn't find any other way. I was surprised to read your comment on Angela's GDT post as your point had never occurred to me (and it's not one I take seriously anyway). I would love you to email me at creativeartiste2019@gmail.com so I can discuss this with you. I don't like to to think of anyone missing out. Thank you for highlighting your point. Andree - owner at Creative Artiste.
BTW I love your calendar idea, I only wish I was that organised! xx

Azka Kamil said...

LOVE that time zone saying.

Rita said...

IN the US it's 1942--LOL! Sad, but true in too many ways.

WendyK said...

Great entry Elizabeth, just love the saying.

Neet said...

What a shame about the bamboo. I did hear it was a so and so to get rid of, so glad I didn't get any when I wanted it. Hope the tarps work at keeping it at bay.
I admire you keeping up with a calendar, I started and drifted too early. Good luck with the new one which I see, has computers on it. Sounds as if Bleubeard and Squiggles have the best of lives, sleeping.
Hugs, Neet xx

Meggymay said...

The time zone quote is a good one, one I will note if you don't mind.
Great calendar pages and the image of one of the first computers look fantastic.
Hope that you can control the bamboo seems to like growing in your garden even though it causes so many problems.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

It's maddening about the mail service. That DeJoy is still there is confusing.I'm glad you got to vote anyway.

I love your quote, which I will go share on Facebook right now ;)

I'm still with Windows, though now that I think about it there's no real reason behind that.