Monday, July 12, 2021

T Stands For Party Time

 

Please read this before you link.

If you are not participating in the ATC exchange and you receive an ATC, please do NOT under any circumstances show what you received before the reveal date.  Please, no surprise early reveals this year.  It hurts everyone who worked  hard to keep the secret.  Now I've made that clear, please skip the remainder of this message and go directly to the T party.  

If you are participating in the ATC exchange, be sure the asterisk (*) is behind your name.  Neither you nor I can remove your name from the Mr. Linky list, so be sure your name and asterisk are right the first time.

The dreaded rules are, now that you have chosen to participate in the ATC exchange, add your name and asterisk to the list.  The next person on the list with an asterisk after their name will be the person to whom you send your ATC.  Be sure to contact them and set up a way to get their snail mail address, if you don't already have it.   Please don't ask me for it, because I won't share it with you.   I believe in privacy.  Period!

Please be sure to send your ATC as soon as possible, and no later than 17 July.  If you are sending International, please be sure to send sooner.  Providing enough people have received their ATCs, we will tentatively have our reveal party on the 26/27th.

It's now party time.

Let's celebrate.

I purchased a pack consisting of 16 of these napkins and paper plates for the 2nd anniversary.  I still have plenty left.  However, I wanted to make sure you knew this wasn't  a recycled post, so I used the mug that my dear friend RO! ordered for me recently.  I'm also having a root beer float.

I love Moose Tracks ice cream and Scott found some called Extreme Chocolate Moose Tracks. 

Who doesn't LOVE chocolate and root beer together?  I know I do!  Note my root beer tab broke when I opened it.  It definitely didn't deter me from enjoying this wonderful treat.

I've shown you mine, now it's time to share yours.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Regardless, please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.   Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  

 



 

 

27 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Congratulations and Thanks for keeping the party going for so long! Happy 8th anniversary! Hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Oh Yum I haven't made myself a root beer float yet this summer-yours sounds really delicious Happy T

My name is Erika. said...

I like these plates and napkins. I'm glad you're getting so much use out of them! I'm not a root beer fan but chocolate ice cream is very a great choice. I haven't had a float in forever though. It would taste good, just not root beer. Thanks for hosting every week and have a super celebratory T day. Hugs-Erika

Sharon Madson said...

Happy anniversary to you, Happy anniversary to you! I remembered to put the asterisk! Yay! So far so good for following directions. LOL I love root beer floats! My dad used to make sure my mom bought ice cream and root beer for me when I visited. That tickled me that he did that. Made me feel loved.
I didn't do a special party drink for anniversary, sorry. I just thought to say it. Your post is very festive. I haven't been coming as long as I thought. I was here for the 5th anniversary. Congratulations again on 8 years!

Mae Travels said...

Congratulations on the anniversary. Have a great celebration, but don't save the root beer float idea for only special occasions. Enjoy often!

I did a post on wine a few days ago that I wanted to share as my beverage thoughts. Sorry it's not festive.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Linda Kunsman said...

It's been so long....and now I really want a root beer float too:):)What a wonderful celebration setting! Congrats on 8 years, and thank you for your amazing hosting!! So sorry to have forgotten or I would have made a piece of art for this special occasion. Happy T day!

aussie aNNie said...

Lovey post as always, as always you delilver. x

Kate Yetter said...

Root Beer floats are delicious!
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Elephant's Child said...

I hope that each and every one of the participants enjoys themselves. I am looking forward to the reveal. Greedily.

DVArtist said...

Root beer float with chocolate ice cream any day of the week for me.

Iris Flavia said...

Happy, happy anniversary, this is so much fun!
You make me buy drinks I never would otherwise!
And draw and all this :-)

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Elizabeth! I have linked Mia's blog, she is on vacation but asked me to link and to say that she will contact her partner as soon as she is back in blogland. Hugs, Valerie

J said...

Happy T Day Anniversary Elizabeth, have a lovely day, I see you are all ready for the party, thank you for being such a wonderful Hostess and keeping this going.
Sending Hugs, Jan

nwilliams6 said...

Such a festive and fun set up here and you are right about root beer and chocolate. I plan to get some at the store after seeing your post. Happy T-day. See my note about the ATC swap on my blog post - I got confused and already sent mine to Dagmar but I am going to do another one as you got me addicted to them! Hugz

CJ Kennedy said...

Happy Blogaversary! You've made Tuesday a day I look forward to. I'll skip the Moose Tracks as I'm not a big fan of peanut butter, but a root beer float would be such a treat. I haven't had a float in forever. Happy T Day!

Jeanie said...

Three cheers on the anniversary! I am so glad we have "met" in this wonderful way.

However, I'm inclined to pass on both the root beer and chocolate (though on occasion, a good chocolate chip cookie or flourless chocolate cake or mousse might pull me into the chocolate world! Or M&Ms!)

Divers and Sundry said...

I remember having that same pattern of paper plates. They hold up well over time if you store them properly, which I can tell you're definitely doing. I'm not a fan of root beer, but I love that Extreme Chocolate Moose Tracks ice cream. Yummm!

Happy Anniversary!

Let's Art Journal said...

Happy 8th Anniversary and thank you so much for hosting T Stands for Tuesday every week, it's always a pleasure to join you and I appreciate all your hard work to make it happen 😀. Wow, that chocolate root beer float looks amazing - I'd love to try it! I haven't seen root beer here but just did a little research and we can buy it or our Dandelion & Burdock drink is a good alternative too - yay 😉. Happy T Day and anniversary celebrations! Hugs, Jo x

Halle said...

Happy Anniversary! Happy T day! You can keep your root beer though. ick. Not a popular opinion but its mine. :)

Hope you have a fantastic day!

Darla said...

Your tea party and all the guests keep me going in blogland. I don't have as much time to be online or even to be creative as I once did I do try to stay onnected here though and look forward to Tueadays.

Bill said...

Root beer floats are the best. Happy 8th anniversary, have a great day.

pearshapedcrafting said...

You made a good choice with those napkins and plates as they certainly say PARTY!!!! Happy Anniversary and many more to come we hope!
I'm not sure about chocolate and root beer - can't imagine the flavour but I did used to like Coke floats and I did quite like putting ice-cream into ice-cream soda(do they still make that???)
Hugs, Chrisx

RO said...

Happy Anniversary 😊. Never mixed chocolate with root beer, but I'm going to give that a try.😋 Looks totally fun in the mug, and what a great celebration. Hugs 🤗 RO

Lisca said...

OK here goes again. Congratulations! Happy 8th anniversary!
This is the third time I am writing a comment. The first time I wrote a comment when I linked up. The next morning I noticed it hadn't gone, so I sent it again. Now it seems you still haven't had a comment from me. I can only apologise. I don't know what's going on.
I'm sorry that I am not able to make an ATC this year. My craft room has been converted into guest room. All my craft supplies have been hidden away and the tables taken out.
My sister will be arriving with her husband on Monday, and daughter Tracey from the UK (plus hubby and two kids) will be here next month.
Wishing you a happy belated T-Day,
Lisca

Olde Dame Holly Rose said...

I'm here for the ROOT BEER FLOAT!

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy 8th Anniversary.

All the best Jan

Meggymay said...

Very belated Tea day Birthday wishes. Its been a while since I called in here, but thanks to you and this weekly event I have made a lot of lovely blogland friends. I hope I will get round to joining in again soon.
Yvonne xx