Sunday, July 11, 2021

Monday Murals: KPTS

 

 It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.

I went to KPTS, my local public broadcasting station (now known as PBS Kansas) to pay my donation I provide them every year.  Just before a car pulled into the parking lot and parked in the middle of the mural on the fence, I took this photo. Had I not had my camera in my hand, I would never have gotten this shot.  Not long after the first car pulled into the lot, a second car parked in the area where I was trying to take another photo.

This mural, painted on a fence in the PBS Kansas parking lot, is located at 320 W. 21st Street, Wichita, Kansas (USA). 
 
If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks for dropping by to visit Bleubeard and me today, too.
 
 

23 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

I do love murals. They add a real 'lift' to the community. Thanks for sharing the ones close to you.

Iris Flavia said...

Great mural - maybe not arty, but clever and great you help!

Valerie-Jael said...

A wonderful mural and love the inspiring words on it. Lucky you got to it before the other cars parked! Have a great Sunday, hugs, Valerie

RO said...

Talk about perfect timing, and the mural looks fabulous! Hugs and Happy Sunday! RO

kathyinozarks said...

I love seeing ass the murals you discover in your area-

Mae Travels said...

Nice murals! "EDUCATE engage" is nicely done -- the lettering is clear and well-designed. I sometimes go downtown pretty early on Sunday morning when there are fewer cars parked in front of parking-lot-adjacent murals, to avoid the problem you somehow dodged!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Annie said...

I absolutely love street art, murals and even well done graffiti. You have so many great murals in your area. I have only seen one ‘sort of’ mural in my small city and it’s difficult to get a decent photo of it. It is not at ground level so the photos always look strange to me. Although I continue to try taking photos of it every time I am near it.

craftytrog said...

A wonderful mural Elizabeth, glad you got your photo before the car turned up.
Ali

craftytrog said...

Oops! Pressed publish before I typed my whole name 😊 I do get called Ali by some folks though, usually family, and don't mind a bit.

My name is Erika. said...

What a fun mural. I especially like the educate and engage. And I like that they painted it on this basic wooden fence. Enjoy your Sunday! hugs-Erika

Sharon Madson said...

You find all the best murals, Elizabeth! I never have my camera handy! I sometimes spot some, but we go by too quickly, and hubby will not stop or go back. LOL. Happy day!

Sami said...

So lucky you were prepared to take a photo before the cars parked. It annoys me when I want to take photos of a pretty mural and there are cars blocking it :)
I like the "educate/engage" quote/
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Elizabeth.

Divers and Sundry said...

Such a great way to enliven an area, much better than the boring fence :) I'm glad you were able to grab that shot!

DVArtist said...

Very nice mural. Have a nice Sunday.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great looking mural.

Jeanie said...

Hi Elizabeth. I'll never catch up on your posts (or anyone's) but I've looked down at all of them. I love the fact that Kansas PBS has a great fence by their parking lot! And your ICADS, especially the two blue ones (first and last). Your garden is going great guns! Quite spectacular and still lots of growing season to come. And I'm with you on the masks. I will go without one to very quiet places but with too much of a crowd, it's on in a flash.

Tom said...

...educate and engage, two things that seem to be lacking these days. I am thankful for PBS! Murals along parking lots can be a challenge to photograph, I like to go on Sunday morning. Thanks for sharing.

kwarkito said...

A great find !

magiceye said...

Colourfully beautiful!

Jackie McGuinness said...

Good words for PBS!

Alice said...

Nice unexpected find with a good message

Tanya Breese said...

Nice way to decorate a boring old fence!

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is a lovely mural - glad you arrived here when you did! Chrisx