Wednesday, June 9, 2021

WOYWW 627: ATCs

 

It's time to join Julia, Queen of Deskers, on her blog at Stamping Ground.  Before we get to my desk, here are the only two ATCs I made this year for WOYWW12.

I'm not terribly original, so once I get a design, I stick with it.  Both ATCs used a background of W words from a German to English dictionary.  Both incorporated a clock with hands pointing to 12.

I used a stencil to create the letters that I sewed to the page.  The letters were created on a strip cut from the dictionary page.  Julia's paper doll stood on the words Desker Queen,

while my P.I.F. Helen (H)'s paper dolls were standing on words on the page.

These are the backs that Bleubeard "helped" me create.  Both ATCs have been received.

Speaking of having received an ATC, this is the one I received.

I've gotten in the habit of showing the postage stamp, too.  I took at least a dozen photos and this was the best I could get.  It's a beautiful stamp and I know it will show up in my art one of these days.

Inside is this gorgeous ATC 
 
and stunning postcard sent by Sarah Brennan.
 
How absolutely amazing that Sarah can visit these gardens whenever she wishes.  But WAIT!!!

I know many of you dropped by to see the rocking horse of the week.  This was sent to me years ago by my dear friend Annette,

who some of you might remember as Voodoo Vixen.  It's been in my craft room forever in a bag, and, for some unknown reason, I've never shown it before.

Please join me at Julia's and share your own desk, no matter how clean or messy it might be.  I suspect everyone knows by now to please leave your number if you are coming from Julia's. BTW, if you are visiting from a social media site (i.e. Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, etc.) other than a blog, I will not be able to leave you a comment, even though I will visit. 


40 thoughtful remarks:

Sarah Brennan said...

Such a beautiful rocking horse this week Elizabeth. So glad the ATC and postcard arrived safely. I hadn't seen the stamp as it was put on for me at the PO and kept for posting off. My husband and I are both fortunate enough to have annual passes for the gardens - 1.5 hours walk for me from front door, round the lake and back home again. I do like how you incorporated the 12 on your ATCs using the clock! Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Helen said...

I can't believe you are still finding unique rocking horses to share! I love your atc you sent me and of course the one you received from Sarah. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Iris Flavia said...

LOL. Since two nights I don´t use my "Wärmflasche" anymore, it´s finally warming up :-)
That´s some complicated dictionary, too...
And ohhhh, such a very cute rocking horse!

Helen said...

yes, of course i remember Annette, fondly,. always moving house due to hubby's work commitments.

My name is Cindy said...

Lovely rocking horse Elizabeth. Happy Mail is such fun isn't it? Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #7

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I too love when we find a composition that works, i'm guilty of repeating things often as it helps me to speed craft. Your ATC's look fab Elizabeth and your received happy mail too. What a lovely gift that rocking horse is, time for it to shine after all those years.
Happy WoywW Hugs Tracey (13) x

Elephant's Child said...

That is one gorgeous rocking horse - and I love your work.

Julia Dunnit said...

I saw your comment on a Helen’s blog about Annette. She’s happy and well, they retired home to Scotland about five years ago (I think, I’m a terrible judge of time!). We are friends on Facebook so I ‘see’ her reasonably regularly. She doesn’t seem to do much crafting at all now, I guess with a Chris at home she’s got plenty to do! What a lovely pendant she sent you, it’s really sweet! I’m beginning to think I may have posted my US ATCs in a dream, no one seems to have received them yet. If there’s sight of one this week I’ll be relieved! I’m all for repeating a successful design gal, they are never exactly the same anyway, but I always think wvitss in a ‘series’. Ahem. 😳😂

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I liked the ATCs you made a lot, especially the one for Julia! I thought you caught her perfectly with the Desker Queen, lol! How lovely to see your happy mail, I share your joy with the stamps except it’s the American ones that make me happy. Isn’t it wonderful that happy mail cheers up your day so much?!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Repeating a good design is one of my hobbies, too! The ATCs are really pretty. Love the one yu got from Sarah, too. The little rocking horse is lovely! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Hello
Lots of catching up to do now I am finally back online properly!!
Love your ATCs, I cannot post photos yet so there will no doubt be a dearth of photo heavy posts soon!!
Love the rocking horse
Have a good week
Christine #24

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely post of your ATC's and wow love that rocking horse. xx

Neet said...

As you will see from my blog Annette does not blog any more but she is living in Scotland and does a lot of bike riding these days. She pops up quite often on 'FaceBook'. (I still keep her old blog details on my sidebar - she made me the most incredible book for Flat Susan years ago)
Love the ATC's that you made - a lot of thought went into those - well done to Bleubeard for his help too.
Hope all is well with you both (and Squiggles)
Sending Hugs and chin tickles for you know who
Neet 5 xx

Mia said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your ATCs, Elizabeth! The postage stamp, postcard and rocking horse are beautiful! Kisses!

Lisa-Jane said...

Great ATCS - it's lovely when they come spread out isn't it?! Beautiful rocking horse, I do remember Voodoo Vixen too but I know she's not blogging anymore. I'm glad there is still a stalwart bunch that are keeping the crafty blogs going (not just the manufacturers ones!) Bye for now, Lisa-Jane, #8

Spyder said...

Morning! Late as usual! Love the little Rocking Horse and yes, I remember Voodoo Vixen, but my last link with her was waaaaaaaaaaaay back in 2013! I follow her blog but have had no updates for ages, but then, I disappeared for years while walking dogs! Hope my ATc's arrived ok. Couldn't find a rocking horse (only a babyblue one for a baby boy,so used a unicorn instaed! Stay safe, keep crafting! Happy WOYWW!? ((Lyn)) #26

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Super ATCs - I love the references to W and 12 - very clever - and there's nothing wrong using the same design - I do it all the time and call it a series! Whenever I take anything to the Post Office, they always print the postage electronically these days - so disappointing! I love that stamp on yours - I wonder what I need to do to get them to use stamps instead of printouts! The jewel encrusted rocking horse is so pretty! Have fun, Elizabeth! xx zsuzsa #28

My name is Erika. said...

I don't this you are unoriginal. I think you made a small series of ATC's. They are are great Elizabeth. And that is a fun rocking horse charm too. Happy Wednesday! Hugs-Erika

Lynnecrafts said...

Lovely ATCs, Elizabeth. I adore your rocking horse. Trent ham gardens are beautiful- I’m from Stoke as well and often used to take my Mum there.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 11

Morti said...

Your ATCs are lovely and well thought out - I don't blame you for sticking to a theme!

And yes, I remember Annette, I must go and check out her blog. The Rockinghorse is lovely.

Happy WOYWW

Morti x
#27

Shoshi said...

Lovely ATCs, Elizabeth, both given and received! And what a delightful sparkly little rocking horse. Thank you for your visit and for your good wishes for my treatment. I am so glad you enjoyed seeing our garden! My hubby does all the work. We do love it - it's just the right size for us both and for the kitties, and it has lots of variety.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #9

Lillianb said...

That's a lovely rocking horse and the ATC's are lovely, and you had some lovely gifts


Take care and stay safe,

Lilian B =#10

Crafting With Jack said...

Your tiny rocking horse is beautiful. Great ATC’s, both given and received. Happy WOYWW Angela #12

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful ATCs. The little Desker Queen is cute. I wonder what mischief she'll get up to. Happy Mail is the best and the rocking horse necklace is awesome.

Sandra Cox said...

Love the Limited Edition by Elizabeth and Bleubeard on the back.
What a purrfect necklace for you.
Have a great one, dear Elizabeth.

DVArtist said...

Wow these are lovely Elizabeth. Oh and the rocking horse is perfect for you. Have a nice day today.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

bleu...984 paws UP dood for helpin elizabeth thiz week....may bee sum time squiggles can help out two, hay buddy !! ??? ☺☺♥♥

Divers and Sundry said...

ATCs! I love your design. I'd be wearing that necklace :) A great choice for you.

Annie said...

I really love the little rocking horse.
Hugs,
Annie x #16

Lindart said...

Hi Elizabeth! Thanks for letting me know about my link - I think I've fixed it now! What a beautiful diamond studded rocking horse! If I were you I would probably wear it all the time! I love your ATCs, especially the little girl one - perfect! Have a great week, Lindart #33

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, loving your ATCs both yours and the ones you received and the stamp is gorgeous but I am rather fond of stamps. The rocking horse is a little stunner too. Have a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x17x

StampinCarol said...

That's a beautiful rocking horse!
Great ATCs, both yours and the one you received.
Fun postcard!
Thanks for popping by and have a great week!
Carol N #30

Empire of the Cat said...

Love your ATCs Elizabeth, and the happy mail you received, the little rocking horse is so cute. Happy WOYWW! Elle #34 this week

Olde Dame Holly said...

Creative and unusual work that turns out beautiful, as usual. And the gem-laden rocking horse is so cute!

Debbie Rock said...

Firstly how stupid am I?!?! I have only just this minute realised it is not BLUEbeard at all - am so sorry for getting it wrong so many times in the past. I love your ATC’s - am a bit obsessed with clocks & watches & the wordy backgrounds appeal very much too. I’m afraid it will be a long time until I feel comfortable eating out - even though we have now had both jabs there are so many out there not wearing masks & it is unbelievable really. Your rocking horse necklace is beautiful - certainly something to be treasured. Take care, love from Debbie xxx

Stacy Sheldon said...

I have never seen a sparkling rocking horse before Elizabeth, that is so special :) Yep, I save canceled postage for art too, so that is fun to see. ~Stacy #31

craftytrog said...

Those ATCs are gorgeous, and I love the rocking horse pendant! So clever how it can stand up.
Alison xx

roffeycreations said...

Hiya - just a quick pop by to say Hi - I am - like every one seems to be "flat out like a lizard drinkin" to use an Aussie expression LOL!
Gorgeous stuff on your desk - the rocking horse is so pretty - Lucky girl! Have a great week - Stay safe & well - Cheers Maurs xxx #35

Marit said...

I love your ATCs, when there's dictionary paper involved, I'm a fan! I smiled seeing that stamp, I usually take stamps of off the envelopes too and use those in my art journal. Such hoarders we are! Big hug to you beautiful one, love from Holland. Marit #20 (P.S. Cataract surgery went very well, I am in the healing mode right now but am able to spend some time at the computer... and I can SEE well, yay!!! )

Jeanie said...

I haven't done ATCs in ages. I really should dump my old ones. I like these -- and why not stick with it? It's a good design!