Saturday, June 5, 2021

Index Card A Day (ICAD): Days 2 through 5 (and more)

 

This has been a short first week, so I only have four new ICADs to show you.   I'm also repeating Day 1 in case you missed it on the 1st.

Day 1:Bleubeard and Elizabeth's 2021 ICADs. Paint and ransom like letters.

Day 2: Family.  Collage and kraft paper background.

Day 3: Spring in a box.  Sewing.

Day 4: Roses and numbers. Collage and sewing.

Day 5: Butterfly love. Collage and stickers.

Thank you beyond belief for stopping by.  I am truly grateful to you, my dear friends, followers, readers, and lurkers for checking out Bleubeard's and my ICADs.  Please remember this is the only place you will find them because I'm not on the other social media sites where they are shown.
 
Because this has been a short week, I'm back at Art Journal Journey joining our host Mia, who many of you know as Craftartista.  As you may know, her theme this month is Butterflies.  I'm also joining Try it on Tuesday who is also featuring Butterflies this fortnight.  

I call this one Love is like a butterfly,  

the words of which are lyrics to a song written and performed by Dolly Parton.
 
Love is like a butterfly
As soft and gentle as a sigh
The multicolored moods of love are like its satin wings
Love makes your heart feel strange inside
It flutters like soft wings in flight
Love is like a butterfly, a rare and gentle thing
 
I feel it when you're with me
It happens when you kiss me
That rare and gentle feeling that I feel inside
Your touch is soft and gentle
Your kiss is warm and tender
Whenever I am with you I think of butterflies
 
Your laughter brings me sunshine
Everyday is springtime
And I am only happy when you are by my side
How precious is this love we share
How very precious, sweet and rare
Together we belong like daffodils and butterflies
 
Beautiful butterflies.
 


 
For this page, I started with a sheet of white 110 lb. cardstock that I first colored with turquoise ink and alcohol.  Next, I placed three colors of paint on a plate and dipped a sea sponge into the paint.  I tried to remember to rotate the sponge as I worked.

Next, I cut the butterflies from a nature magazine.  I found the lyrics to the song on the internet and printed them using my laser printer.  My plan was to color the paper both orange and yellow, but the yellow was not as transparent as the orange.  Once dry, I sewed the lyrics and image to the page using variegated thread.

Thanks so much for visiting today.  Bleubeard and I appreciate it and hope to see you at both Art Journal Journey and Try it on Tuesday


22 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous ICADs and good to see all the sewing you did. The journal page for Mia's theme is gorgeous, thanks for linking it to TIOT, too. I managed some sewing this week, too, but need to finish what I started! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

That is a great poem and a wonderful addition to you piece. Those monarchs are wonderful. I think it would be amazing to see so many clustered together like that. This is perfect for Mia's challenge. And your ICADS are always fun. I still can't believe it is ICAD time already. I'm in grogland this morning as I fell back to sleep after I woke up, not a good feeling. Hopefully this makes sense. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

I am completely crushing on Spring in a Box. That's wonderful!

Neet said...

That's a lovely song. Someone once told me I was like a butterfly. Not for anything to do with being delicate (too tall) or anything like that but because my mind flitted from one thing to another constantly.
Your butterfly page is lovely, I love that deep bright orange in all its shades that you have used.
Great ICAD's too - I forgot all about them and have come away without any. Will have to play catch up when I go home.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Olde Dame Holly said...

I like them all but the one with the little deer that is sewn and looks like 1960's barkcloth is my absolute favorite of the crop!

Divers and Sundry said...

Loving Spring in a Box :)

DVArtist said...

This is a great post. All that sewing! Well you know how I feel about your talents and how cleaver you are. Have a great day today.

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous ICADS and your butterfly page is so beautiful! The butterfly postage stamps and image on your page look amazing 😀. I hope you've had a lovely week and wishing you a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Cindy McMath said...

Wow - a great start to Icad Elizabeth! I love all of them. The little woodland scene is nicely accented by your sewing. And of course I spied bingo numbers in the card with the roses! Your journal page is lovely too. Great use of complimentary colours.

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful start for ICAD and the butterfly page is beautiful, too

Rita said...

You have been so busy! Such pretty pieces. :)

My name is Erika. said...

I totally missed saying thanks for joining us at try It on Tuesday. I am glad you decided to share this with us also. Hugs-Erika

Elkes Lebensglück said...


Great imaginative cards and your butterflies journal page is beautiful with the touching poem.
Beautiful sunday, hug, Elke

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your ICADs - if pressed I would say I like 'Spring in a Box' best but really there's some real beauty in them all! Your 'Love Is Like a Butterfly page is superb - I love the blue/green background and those gorgeous butterflies nestling together are fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Hugs, Chrisx

Mia said...

Lovely ICADs, Elizabeth. Beautiful page and I love the lyrics of the song. Thank you for joining me again at AJJ. Kisses, my friend.

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous page, the colour of those butterflies is beautiful. I am so happy you linked this up with TioT's as well as Mia's AJJ theme.
The ICADS were all Fantastic as well.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

nwilliams6 said...

Always a treat to see your ICADs - love them! Especially love the second one.

Super journal page - pretty butterflies and lovely song!!!I always loved to hear her sing that one. The words are deeper than people realize too.

Super post, my friend. Hugz

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Elizabeth, and I love your ICADs. It's been a while since I used my sewing machine, you've inspired me!
Alison xx

Lowcarb team member said...

Spring in a Box is wonderful :)

All the best Jan

Linda Kunsman said...

wonderful ICAD art Elizabeth! Spring in a Box- that's my fave here today:)

Susan Renshaw said...

Thought I better pop by to your Saturday post to see your ICAD. These first four are spectacular. I love the added stitching on everything!
Also love the butterfly page - those are my colours!
Thanks for your csit!

SusanXX

Empire of the Cat said...

I love your ICADs, so much to look at and explore and I love how different they all are. I am of course, behind with everything, so I am visiting late but I had to see what you had done. Elle