Friday, June 4, 2021

Friday Smiles 424 and so much more

 

 I want to begin today with my monthly calendar.

May is filled out and you can now laugh at my boring life.  This is the left side.

It's equally boring on the right side.  Please feel free to get your laugh of the day.

This is my June calendar.  I've already written in it.  Since it has butterflies in it, I'm also joining Mia, who you may know as Craftartista, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.
 
Now let's head to my basement studio where I'm joining Friday Smiles which is hosted by Annie (at A Stitch in Time).   Let's visit her and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday.
 
I've put my polymer clay to good use by creating some markers for my herbs.

I took my seeds I plan to plant in pots to the basement to make these markers.  I realize you can't really see these.  From left: Cilantro, Parsley curly, Parsley flat.

The blue clay is the easiest to read. Sage, Fennel, Pink Yarrow.  Dark red from top: Cumin, Chocolate Mint, Oregano, Thai Basil,

Bee Balm, Lemon Basil.

And the final batch that was cooking while I cleaned up and took photos.  This is what happens when you don't have enough of one color.  From top: French Lavender, Catnip, English Lavender.

And finally today, a few funny signs from the Indian Hills Community Center.










Now let's join Annie (at A Stitch in Time) and the lovely ladies who join her for Friday Smiles.  And don't forget to check out the great Butterfly art at Art Journal Journey.  Thanks again for visiting and spending a bit of time with Bleubeard and me this Friday.  Today I'll be planting more seeds in pots unless it's raining. 

24 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

There is NOTHING boring about you or your life.
Love those signs - and would avoid Sam and Ella's diner.

Valerie-Jael said...

Good morning Elizabeth! Your calendar has more in than mine, which is why I never show mine! Great idea with the butterflies for Mia's theme, too. Love the plant markers, fantastic idea, I never know the names of my plants, but I don't have any veggies or herbs just now! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Lynn Holland said...

I’m having awful difficulties adjusting to using a calendar/diary again now we are moving out of lockdown. I keep messing up dates and forgetting appointments. I’ve been so used to floating from one day to the next for the past year.
Those funnies of yours get me every time, they are hysterical.
Well done on the plant markers. They’re ingenious.
Have a good week
Lynn xx

craftytrog said...

Great to see your calendar all filled out, wishing you a great June Elizabeth.
Your seed markers look great too, and I enjoyed those funny signs.
Alison xx

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, define boring. Looks like a good life you lead!
Never heard of polymer clay - so much to learn here! And wow, you plan a yummy lot!

Love the signs, especially the first one!

mamapez5 said...

Your calendar fascinates me. I loved looking at it and getting an insight into your life. However I could never make one like that myself. I am into tidy and ordered lists and the randomness would bother me. I guess it is a good thing we are all different.
The Indian Hills signs always raise a smile. Have a good week. Kate x

Lisca said...

Your calendar is fascinating. I know from experience (making those collages) that even on days where I don't seem to have done anything, there is always something worth mentioning. I my case my meals are always a highlight as I love cooking nice things (and hubby loves eating them).
The Indian Hill sign are a blast. They are so good and I always end up giggling and chuckling and calling Graham so I then read them out aloud.
I love those plant tags. What an excellent idea!
Have a lovely weekend,
Lisca

Mia said...

I don't even keep a calendar, Elizabeth! Believe me, your life is not boring at all!
I LOVE the funny signs you share with us! Thank you!
Thank you also for joining my challenge at AJJ with the lovely calendar pages for June. Hugs, my friend.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I have a calendar but don't write in it enough and then get to the end of the month and can't remember what I have done Lol! Loving the signs they just make me smile every time. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Elizabeth, Loving your herb markers and these signs were too funny
Happy Friday and weekend

My name is Erika. said...

Those Indian Hills signs are really great every time. Whoever their author is has a lot of talent. And what a great idea to make those herb markers from polymer clay. I bet they will work fantastic. It is always tough when the seeds go in and nothing, or hardly anything, is coming up. And nice calendars too. Hope you have a great FRiday and start to your weekend. Hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

The polymer markers are a wonderful idea! And thanks for sharing more signs from Indian Hills -- I really admire those who come up with such clever sayings!

Divers and Sundry said...

Great plant markers! You have many more herbs than I do. Nice!

Annie said...

Sorry for the late visit....we’re on an adventure in our motor home 😀
I really love your plant labels. What a great idea. Those funnies always make me chuckle too.
Hugs,
Annie x

Elkes Lebensglück said...

You have had a lot to do and your June calendar sheet and your great plant labels look great. You saw great signs! Hug-Elke

DVArtist said...

Ohhh great idea for the herb markers. Gives me some ideas. I love the Friday smiles. You make my day brighter. Have a good one for yourself.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

bleu and squigles !!!! catnip !!!! itz on de way doodz !!!!! N joy de week oh end :)

Elizabeth; the herb tags are really neat; great job ♥♥♥☺☺☺


and THANX for sharing the signs; they need to put the collection in a book; I'd buy it....☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

Annie said...

My life is pretty boring socially but I have a ton of fun all by myself in my art space and sewing space. Reading your calendar, I think you are having quite a bit of fun also. How fun to make your own herb garden markers! That’s a great idea. I always love seeing those cleverly thought out signs. They certainly make me smile as I read them. My favorite today is the one asking to stop stealing their letters.

Serena Lewis said...

May was a busy month. No doubt June will fill up fast with all your creative projects.

Nice job on the plant markers!

Those signs were fun and witty. lol

Have a lovely weekend,
Serena xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous calender pages, it looks like you've had a busy month 😁. The seed markers are amazing and the funnies made me smile. Wishing you a very happy June! Hugs, Jo x

Neet said...

Busy lady by the looks of your calendar which is certainly not boring - I do like the teapot/kettle.
Some great funnies there - but poor Sam and Ella.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Meggymay said...

I don't think your calendar was boring, it sure had more in it than mine. Great photos of the signs by the roadside.
Yvonne xx

nwilliams6 said...

Your calendar pages are always a treat. Love the food drawings from last month and the fun butterflies for this month. The seed markers are a great idea!

Now those signs are hysterical! TFS!

Hugz

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your calendar pages - I never think to do drawings until it's too late! When I first started I used to - don't know why I stopped!
Love your herb labels - I am setting up a herb container for communal use here - I need to get my head around some labels so thanks for the idea!
Love those signs -it took me while to work out why Sam And Ella's place needed warning!!!
Hugs, Chrisxx