Sunday, May 2, 2021

Second on the 2nd

   

Today I have a two-fer for my second look.  I like to honor our Art Journal Journey host each month, so here is something dealing with Language.

I called this Words of Wisdom, and it was from April 1, 2020, when Valerie hosted Art Journal Journey.

The other second look I want to spend time talking about are those little index cards a few of us alter every June and July.  This will be my ninth year participating and I know a few of you join me each summer.  I would love for you to join me, too.  It's a great way to use your scraps, too.

Last year's final ICAD.

Here was the final ICAD for 2019.

This is Day 61's Index Card for 2018. It was the year I created every index card using hearts in some way.

This is the final card for 2017.

This is how I ended 2016's cards.

This is how I ended 2015.  It was the first year I didn't use any glue, relying instead on mostly sewing, but occasionally stamping images, or stapling words and images on the cards.
 
This was my final Index Card for 2014.

This was from 2013, the first year I played.  This was when I honored Daisy Yellow with my final index card.  
_______________________________________________________

I hope this has piqued your interest in making these index cards daily in June and July.  Check out Tammy's blog for particulars.  This will explain ICADs and possibly give you pointers.  When I first started, I was able to share my ICADs on Tammy's blog.  Soon after that, she moved everything to Facebook and Instagram, neither of which I am a member.  Therefore the only place you will see my daily index cards will be here on my blog.  
 
Now it's your turn to share your own Second on the 2nd.   Now it's time to share your own Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable, as long as it's been published sometime in the past.  Then link below (direct links only, please) and Bleubeard and I, along with other Second on the 2nd friends, will be by to visit.  Please be aware, you have until T Tuesday (4:00 p.m. my time Monday) to add your Second Look link.  After that, you will no longer be able to add your link.






9 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely review of past art, always good to see them again. I will try to link something tomorrow to the challenge, can't promise this time as I have a lot on my plate just now!Have a great day, take care, hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

My appreciative (but sadly not creative) self is applauding loudly.

My name is Erika. said...

It is great seeing these ICADs again. You do these so well. I really like the work one (the first). How fun. That's a great idea for a journal page this month. Hmm. I may have to steal it. Smile. I hope your new month is starting off nicely. And happy rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

Sami said...

Lovely Icads Elizabeth, specially like the last one with the blooms and the background of the Happiness is.

Sandra Cox said...

Look at all you've created. Good job and kudos, dear Elizabeth.
Hugs

Olde Dame Holly said...

It is nice to see beautiful and engaging work again and again, I think! Like visiting a favorite gallery or museum.

Divers and Sundry said...

It's fun looking back on what you've done in the past. Thanks for showing these again :)

Jeanie said...

It's fun seeing your icads. You've been doing this a long time!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Elizabeth, I feel as though I have let you down - I totally forgot - just getting bogged down a bit!
I am not going to say yes to ICADs just yet, (why did I think was November?) You know I love to see your ICADs!
Love those words of wisdom too!
Hugs, Chrisxx