Monday, May 24, 2021

Pictures

 

I am once again joining Elle from Empire of the Cat, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  

As I'm sure by now you know, Elle's theme this month is Language.

This quote comes from your favorite mouse creator, Walt Disney.

His take on language

may be a bit different from most.

"Of all our inventions for mass communications, pictures still speak


the most universally understood language."

For this journal entry, I started with a sheet of 110 lb. cardstock that I swiped with distress ink.  I used the same distress ink pad on the two pages written in Russian.  I computer generated the quote and printed it on my laser printer, which is low on toner.  If I position the text on a certain area of the page, I get better toner coverage when I print the quote.  The six adorable llamas were the "previews" on the reverse of a calendar my friend Sally gave me.  Aren't they simply adorable?

Thank you ever so much for joining me today, along with the six pictures of llamas.  Bleubeard and I also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey.
 


19 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

We are told that every picture tells a thousand words - and some of them a great deal more than that.
A big awwww at the llamas.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful pictures on your journal page, llamas are always so pretty. I love visiting them when I go to Kalkum. Have a great week, take care, hugs, Valerie

Annie said...

So true that is. Like a real life silent movie of and showing every emotional feeling there is. Photos brought to us to feel every emotion imaginable. A great journal page for the theme.

Neet said...

So true, a picture is worth a thousand words or something like that is the saying. I love your pictures - the ones you chose certainly say something and ~I wonder what all those animals are saying. The one with the green and the red tassels certainly wants to tell you something.
Hugs, Neet xx

Mae Travels said...

Hi Elizabeth, I'm traveling in the far-off mountains. Will be hiking and birding off the grid all day, and no time to visit blogs, but I thought I would just say hello. I do have a drink theme to one of the wildlife photos I posted, so if I can I'll link it (or you could link it) for the Tuesday Tea Party. Hello from me to all the blog friends, see you when I get back... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful page and so true. The llamas are very cute, indeed.

Divers and Sundry said...

The mention of "Disney" is enough to set me off on my copyright rant. But I'll refrain ;) and focus on your pictures. They speak volumes, and I'm glad there are things we can share openly without violating the more-restrictive copyright laws.

Cindy McMath said...

A great page- love the quote and yes the llamas are adorable!

Christine said...

Beautiful work Elizabeth!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

the "dood" on the bottom left gets out vote for fave photo !!! ☺☺♥3

bleu and squiggles we hope yur week end waz grate and ya both getted inta all KINDZ oh trubull ;) ☺☺♥3

Jeanie said...

I love that quote! It works so well with your art.

DVArtist said...

How can anyone not love those faces. Great art.

Sandra Cox said...

Pictures do speak the universal language. I love the ones you picked out, dear Elizabeth.

Susan Kane said...

Wow. Excellent photos. Multiple languages!

My name is Erika. said...

I like the llamas. And the quote. Ad the background paper. Is it Greek? This is a nice page for Elle's challenge, The llamas are definitely cute. Hope it was a good day. Hugs-Erika

Elkes Lebensglück said...

A great Journal page and love the quote!!!
Wonderful idea!
Hug Elke

Meggymay said...

We often say here that....every picture tells a story.... your page looks fantastic and there is so much to read into each picture you shared today.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

A wonderful page! xx

Empire of the Cat said...

Very true, perhaps we are all visual learners deep down. I love your page, the pages in the background and the cute llamas. Thanks for joining me for the Language theme at Art Journal Journey this month Elle xx