Friday, May 14, 2021

Friday Smiles 421: return to Indian Hills Community Center

 

Welcome to Friday, dear friends.  It's time for Friday Smiles which is hosted by Annie (at A Stitch in Time).   Let's join her and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday.  

To be honest, I thought I would be able to show some plants I planted over the weekend.  Unfortunately, the cold, far below normal temperatures, took their toll on what I had planted.  Now I must start over when the weather gets a bit warmer.

That means I will once again resort to these wonderful signs from the Indian Hills Community Center in Colorado.  Enjoy!  I know I did.

















Groan and roll your eyes all you want.  You have to admit, some of these are clever and classic.
 
Now let's join Annie (at A Stitch in Time) and the lovely ladies who join her.  Thanks again for visiting and spending a bit of time with Bleubeard and me this Friday.  I'll be out looking for new plants today, but will be by to visit when I get home.  And yes, I'll be wearing a mask.

 

18 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

I love these - and hope your garden recovers.

Valerie-Jael said...

My flowers have recovered now that it's got warmer, so I hope yours do, too. Thanks for sharing the funnies, have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Yes. the glasses and masks sure speaks to me!!!
Running around half-blind all the time.
LOL, and oh, how often do I want hit mute!
My Brother´s second name must be PI... as his oldest Daughter´s.

Sad with the plants, way too cold here for the season, too...

craftytrog said...

Very clever! xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

These sign are just brilliant. I'm so pleased you show them as they really make me smile and we all need that at the moment. Lets hope the weather picks up and gives the plants a chance. Sending Friday hugs and wishing you a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

My name is Erika. said...

These are pretty funny, some more so than others. I am still impressed with how word clever this man is. Thanks for sharing!

RO said...

How fun and clever these are, and they sure brought a smile to my face today. Years, and years ago I thought about moving to Colorado because of its beauty, but the Southeast area won out. Hope you're doing well, and sending lots of hugs, RO

CJ Kennedy said...

These were all great! Loved the one about the mute button.

Annie said...

Sorry I’m so late in visiting today. I’ve made 4 Memory bears so far today and still have 3 more to make....I’m guessing they will be a job for Monday now.
Sorry to hear about your garden...sadly there’s not a lot we can change about the weather. Thanks for the funnies....I love them.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

Oh these are so funny and very clever! Do you believe they were thought up by one man? If so, he is a genius.
Thank you for the smiles,
Lisca

da tabbies o trout towne said...

ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS !!!!!!!!!!! ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

thanx for sharing Elizabeth and hope your weekend is great !!! ☺☺♥♥

mamapez5 said...

Sad about the gardening but you gave us plenty of laughs with the signs.
Some of the plants may recover. They are not all tender and some can be quite resilient. The weather is really weird everywhere these days. You never know what to expect next!
Have a good weekend. Kate x

Olde Dame Holly said...

I love every single one of them! Thanks for the smiles.

Rita said...

Made me think of my dad. He would have absolutely loved these! Thanks. :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

This took slightly longer than I expected as I kept reading out loud to T (who is trying to watch a football (soccer) match) Loved the dwarf one and the glasses one was especially for T!!!! Hugs, Chrisx

Divers and Sundry said...

Hasn't this season been strange?! It's been much cooler than usual here, too.

Funny funnies lol

Jeanie said...

I don't know why, but I'm still chuckling at Quick Ways to Make Money by Robin Banks. I adore these signs -- each and every one!

DVArtist said...

I am so sorry about the plants. I just love this sign and all the funnies.