Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Let's play a game

 

I'm once again joining Tracey of Hotchpotch Creations our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme What is the meaning of?   This will be my final entry at Art Journal Journey for December.

This is half a game you can play.  The original is the size of a newspaper page.  In fact, that's where it came from.
The idea is to start at a specific spot, work your way around the page not using a square with a same piece twice, and end up back at the beginning.

Of course, I had to cut the page in order to get it in my large Collage Too altered book.  I had to add some scraps so it didn't look like just an empty page.

I tried to crack the puzzle before I cut it, and, after several false starts, finally got there.
For this page, I started with the aforementioned game from the weekend NY Times newspaper and added bits and pieces from my scrap bin.  I thought it answered the question of what scraps are.
 
Thanks so very much for visiting Bleubeard and me today, and we would love to see you these final two days at Art Journal Journey with your own take on The Meaning Of

 

15 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun game, never seen one like it before! Have a wonderful day, hugs, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Love this, looks like a fun game...xx

Iris Flavia said...

How does it work? I see the letter "N" but find "D"ice, "F"ootball-helmet... not known here, a learn game?
If so, please let me know (for my Nieces).

nwilliams6 said...

Super fun game paper! I have never heard of it but it looks fun. Super cool as a journal page too. Fun! Have a happy New Year, Elizabeth! Hugz

nanskidrewski said...

Looks like fun. Thanks for a much needed respite from COVID worries with your tea party and art posts. Let’s hope for a kinder , return to normal 2021. Hugs, Namski

Divers and Sundry said...

Looks interesting. I wonder if I could do it...

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page! Loving your colourful recycled creation 😀. Happy Holidays, enjoy the rest of the festive season and all the best for 2021! Hugs, Jo x

DVArtist said...

Wow this looks like so much fun. Great imagination putting this together. Have a really wonderful day today.

craftytrog said...

Great page Elizabeth! It looks like a fun game.
Alison xox

CJ Kennedy said...

Looks like a fun game and a very colorful page.

My name is Erika. said...

I would try it too. It looks fun. And makes a fun page too. It has to be tough as there are so many images in each square. I love your additions including the baby. Nice finish to this month-it was a good challenge, don't you think?

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This looks like great fun Elizabeth, i've not seen one like that with the diamond/squares either, my hubby loves puzzles like this. Good fun and a great shared page. Thanks so much for inviting me to host this month. I've really enjoyed it. All the best as we head into a new year creative hugs Tracey xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

O stunning this fun Page!!!
Hugs Elke

Neet said...

What a fun and colourful page this is Elizabeth. I am sure it must be fun but I will have to come back to look at it and give it a try.
I came here to say I hope you all have a wonderful, safe and well year ahead. Surely it has to be better than the one we are leaving.
Hugs & Tickles for the boys
Neet xx

Jeanie said...

That's fun! It would be a fun game for adults but also a great way to teach kids "same" and "different."

All good wishes to you for the new year. I know these holidays were hard-- hopefully we will be on the upswing soon. Happy New Year, Elizabeth.