Thursday, October 15, 2020

Rain's Thursday Art Date: Supernatural


Today is Thursday, which means we're meeting at Rain's for her Thursday Art Date.  This week the theme is Supernatural.

Ghost in the Machine

I'm having problems with this month.  Once again, I have practically nothing to share.  The only thing I can truly call "supernatural" is the above square I made in 2019 for a 365-something challenge.

Ghost prints from my gelli plate are the only other "ghostly" thing I could come up with.

Art and photo by me, as puny as they were!  Bleubeard refuses to show his face this week.  

After visiting Nicole's TAD, I realized there was one more entry I could use.I created this haunted house, where you can see there's a ghost standing in the doorway.  This was for a challenge and you can see the address signifies this is week 44 of 52.

The house is about to fall down, and the roof has holes in it.  The chimney is completely gone.  Birds, mostly crows, fly in and out. A witch can be seen flying over the moon because the windows are non-existent.  A tree branch has broken through the back of the house and a bat is about to land in the rafters.  Outside the house is a grave marker.  Does it belong to the ghostly figure or one of his relatives?  Perhaps we should ask because most of the markings have been ravaged by time.  A ghostly image is standing in the doorway waiting for you and me to enter.  Do we have the courage?  
 
Thank you ever so much for stopping by.  I am truly grateful to you, my friends, followers, readers, and lurkers for visiting.  Please also join me at Rain's Thursday Art Date.  I'm fairly certain we'll see something far more ghostly from the many other talented TAD artists than you saw here.




26 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Good morning Elizabeth. You found some nice pieces. I will be joining in again when I have finished posting the backlog of pieces from Lifebook. Too much is too much! Have a great day, stay safe, hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

GreatElizabeth,i think your house is cute and I don't like the scary one either! The world is twisted enough!
Have a happy week, hug Elke

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I love that house! Hope the ghost does not mind.... but... pssst, I think he´s pretty cute! As the bird. I like the dramatic sky, too.

craftytrog said...

A nice little collection of ghostly art Elizabeth, I love the colourful collage!
Alison xx

aussie aNNie said...

Awesome collection of ghosty things..

Kokopelli said...

I struggled with "supernatural", too, as I consider some things supernatural, that others see simply as natures beauty or simple science. *LOL*

Mae Travels said...

Good challenge for this season. My neighborhood is full of ghostly displays in people's yards and hanging from the windows. One reminds me of your ghost.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

Hi, I'm new to the TAD and feel so inadequate while looking at everyone's entries. I struggled with the theme but for my first time...hope it's okay. I like what you shared and think you did a fine job.
Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

Gillena Cox said...

You made me smile with Ghost in the Machine
Happy Thursday

Much💛love

Birgit said...

I like your take on the theme from the abstract alien theme to the ghostly house. The images left, the leaves, is cool and my mind went righ to Hiroshima when they found images of people that got vaporized.

Christine said...

Very creative supernatural house you gave it lots of thought and gave me the chills!

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun pages. Ghost in the machine made me laugh. With the red, the ghostie will turn pink 🎃 Enjoy your day

Cathy Kennedy said...

Elizabeth,

At first glance of the Ghost in the Machine, I was thinking of a bat but then I noticed the face. Great abstract piece! Your haunted house makes me want to visit one, a real one! I don't know if there is such a thing but it's fun to think of spirits walking through the halls and rooms of an old homestead. I'm sure it would creep me out to encounter a 'ghost' but hopefully I could keep my head and try to communicate with the poor soul. Being a ghost trapped on earth doesn't sound like fun. Thanks for sharing today, my dear!

Curious as a Cathy

da tabbies o trout towne said...

I like the house Elizabeth !! you did a really cool job on that piece ♥♥☺☺

N wavz two ewe bleu and squiggles even if we canna see ya :) ♥♥☺☺

DVArtist said...

I think you did a fabulous job on this theme. Relax and enjoy your day.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wonderful job! Love the images and story behind your haunted house, the colour of the house looked supernatural to me as soon as I saw it 😀. I hope that your having a great week! Hugs, Jo x

kathyinozarks said...

I am linking your ghosts-great entries

My name is Erika. said...

I think you showed us supernatural so well. It's great to see these. I love the ghost prints. Great take on the theme. Hope you had a great day. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Perfect for October! )

Divers and Sundry said...

Great images for this theme :)

NatureFootstep said...

lol, that happens to me sometimes too. You are empty like an unwritten book. Then you notice something and all of a sudden there is a lot to share. But I feel sorry for the first flattened ghost. That one is probably not happy :)

NatureFootstep said...

re your question, I will try to participate in AEDM :)

Rain said...

Hi Elizabeth! :) I love your Ghost in the Machine! And your haunted, LOVED how you described it! Gave me a little chill thinking about entering! :)

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Nope, I don't have the courage to walk into your ghostly house. Your description of what is going on does make it even more scary. And where is your wonderful cat in this picture ... he must be offended that he wasn't included as "supernatural" :) I too, struggled with this prompt, as did everyone I have gone to so far ... But, we all came up with something that worked so we must be a talented group, right? Fun Post Elizabeth ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Jeanie said...

I love how very cleverly you worked the theme! Love the second pic, especially.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I think you found some excellent examples of supernatural Elizabeth - more than enough for me as you know! Hugs, Chrisx