Monday, October 5, 2020

Hold on Tight (and my calendar pages and more)


Since I have a few hours between Monday Murals and T Time, I thought I would share this Art Journal Journey entry using Chris of Pear Shaped Crafting's theme Hold the Line.

I named this Hold on Tight.

I hope you can see

where I got

the title.

Lines were drawn

from left to right

emphasizing the point.

I started with a sheet of 110 lb. cardstock, to which I painted black boxes on the white paper.  In the process, my hand smudged some of the paint, as you can see.  It just proves it's handmade.  The lines were drawn free-hand with a Sharpie fine-tipped pen.

I appreciate you stopping by today.  Please also join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey

And while you're here,

Sandie is the current host at Tag Tuesday.  She has chosen Book Print as the theme this fortnight and I have one more tag to share.

I call it Do you read me?

A few step-out photos.




I covered this tag I made from a used file folder with a sheet of shorthand paper I had been gifted.  Once set and dry, I added the words using a fine tip Sharpie, and created on piece of the margin of the book page.  I wanted to use a focal image, but couldn't find one small enough, so I used a bouquet of silk flowers and hid the stem behind the orange ribbon left over from another project.

Finally, since you've been so patient, I'll share my completed September calendar 

For those who like to see minutia, here is the left side of my September calendar after I scanned it on my scanner.  I've now learned I didn't have the right settings before, so my scans should be more pleasing in the future.

This is the right side completed.

and my October calendar I've already written in after I took these photos.  As much as this reminds me of autumn, I can't bring myself to join Try it on Tuesday with this wimpy entry.

EDIT: At Yvonne's (Meggymay) insistence, I am adding this to Try it on Tuesday's autumn theme.

Here's the left side

and the right side.  I STILL can't stamp worth a darn.

Thanks as always for your visit.  I don't say it often enough how much I appreciate it when you stop by.  Finally, I hope to see you at Art Journal Journey and Tag Tuesday.  

21 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi E, you have been busy. Love the bold journal page and tag, and our calendars are looking good, too. Thanks so much for joining us at TT again, much appreciated. I'm so glad lots of people joined in Sandie's challenge, she's had a hard time since her lovely daughter died. Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Bold and differently lovely....your creativity is awesome. xx

Sandra Wright. said...

Another lovely tag..loving the splash of colour from the flowers..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Tag Tuesday x

Iris Flavia said...

Love it all, great ideas, especially the Dö you read me. Next year I´ll try a calendar, too, well, that´s the plan at least.
And Ente... just click here - Bilder-Gallerie - walls �� You made me look for it!

pinky said...

Oh yes I read you lol. This is just beautiful. Crikey that shorthand paper brought back memories from long ago. Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wowzer Elizabeth! Love, love, love the 'Hold on tight' page, I have one on similar lines coming up soon!
Your tag looks lovely, I took shorthand lessons many years ago, not my favourite thing to do and can't remember any of it!!! Your calendar pages for both months looks great -I look forward to seeing what you add over the month! I'll be back later, hugs, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

Nice Monday art. I love your lines in the first piece. That is very abstract. ANd perfect for Chris' challenge. And nice tag too. You are the queen of these perfect quotes. And your calendar looks good too. Looks like you've been busy and having some arty fun! Happy new week. Hope all is well. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Hold on Tight looks like a movie poster from the 1960s. Pretty tag. I like the shorthand background. Always fun to see you calendar pages and I think you did a lovely job of stamping the leaves. I like the ones that are faded and partial just like you find in nature. Have a good day!

craftytrog said...

I love the simplicity of that wonderful page Elizabeth. Great tag too, and your calendars look fab!
Alison xx

magiceye said...

Very creative!

sheila 77 said...

Everything here today is a delight.
For some reason the "Hold on Tight" piece reminds me of the X-files.
I like the way you gave us many photos of it, as if it was an investigation.
And the tag! It really appeals to me. It is so fresh and with lovely details. Shorthand and hand-written words in smudgy squares. The pretty flowers and ribbon.
I have never made a tag but this one would encourage me if anything would.
Love from Sheila

Meggymay said...

I am not sure what is happening when I try to leave you a comment, they go walk about when I am half way through the sentence. Please add your calendar pages to TioT's, they show autumn colours so well with those skeleton leaves you added. It looks like you have been enjoying creating art and the pages are super for the challenges.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I like this a lot! I wish I could explain why some art work strikes me so, but I'm at a loss. This, though, is striking :)

da tabbies o trout towne said...

Elizabeth; this tag is really neat !!! you did a great job with this one !!! ☺☺♥♥

Mae Travels said...

I really like your calendar idea. The only way mine is ever decorated is that I stick in the "I Voted" sticker when I vote, which I will do very soon. Our absentee ballots included the stickers! I should find my old stamps of Mona Lisa and do some more to the otherwise blank calendar.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

And thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday with your calender Elizabeth. Your tag would work too as the flowers look like a nice autumn color. Glad you joined us also. Hugs-Erika

RO said...

I always look forward to seeing your completed calendar and the start of a new month, and I think you do a pretty good job with your stamping. Much better that I would.(lol) Hope you're doing well! Hugs, RO

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, there's a real tension and suspense to your lines page - will they manage to hold on tight, will they walk the line or tightrope safely to the other side of the page - it's so good. Your book print tag is charming - I love those little flowers - and it's great to see your calendar pages both old and new... have fun filling in October.
Alison x

pearshapedcrafting said...

I've returned to say Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday. Hugs, Chrisxx

Jeanie said...

Your hold the line piece is very clever. I like it. And I'm VERY fond of the tag with the book writing. That's just a fun background!

nwilliams6 said...

Fun line creation, love your tag (great words and flowers), and your calendar is so great (I admire that you keep it up as I never do despite my intensions). Lovely post! hugz