Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Time was


I thought I would share another Art Journal Journey entry today using Jo's theme which is Texture

I named this Time Was!

I used an image I found in a book I bought two years ago at the Art Museum Book Sale, along with a left over clock from a previous challenge.

I'm loving finding the ransom type letters for the sentiment.  So much more fun for me, since I'm not much of a stamper and the disparate letters seem to add to the fun and texture of the page, too.

I tried to add lots of texture,

including this line of texture paste I used to underline the car and the ground it stood on.


Here's another close-up of background texture.




For this page I created in my Challenges altered book, I started with pale green wall paint to which I added bits of texture from several texture paints.  I knew I'd never be able to fussy cut all those images, so cut closely around the figures.  I added them to the page using a glue stick, but the glue didn't want to stick to the paint or texture I had created.  I fussy cut the clock left over from a previous project, and placed it slightly behind the focal image before I stuck the image down completely.  I then added the texture paste to the bottom of the page.  I found the individual letters in several magazines.  I cut them and outlined each with a blue felt pen.

Thanks so very much for visiting Bleubeard and me today.  We hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey with your own mixed media Texture art.


18 thoughtful remarks:

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous n fun post, loving your journal pages.

Iris Flavia said...

I really love the idea of using book pages as background like that!

My name is Erika. said...

Fun fun page. That is a really clever image and makes for a lot of interest. Love the texture too. Have a great mid-week. I'll link you up if you are not linked up. Hugs-Erika

Sami said...

Great image Elizabeth, makes for a very bright and fun page.

nanskidrewski said...

Very cool. It’s such a fun page, with a fun image, lists of visual interest. Lively colors!

CJ Kennedy said...

So very fun and I like the use of the different lettering for the title.

Mae Travels said...

Nice piece of art work!

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun car image and page! That car is packed with so many people, I don't know where to look first ...ha ha! The texture of the paste under the car is fabulous and I'm loving the grungy textured background and how you used the letters to create texture too - amazing 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey, you really shared so many texture ideas to inspire us all! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

Karen said...

Love the ransom letters and the colorful images ~ great texture too!

Barbara said...

What a novel idea to ground your images with a colored line of texture paste! Very nice page!

Cindy McMath said...

This is a great textured piece - is it a throwback to the time we could all be closer together? :) Looks like everyone’s having fun.

Divers and Sundry said...

They know how to have fun! :)

Jeanie said...

This one is just filled with fun. I've looked carefully and in each photo (even if it's like another) I see something new! Delightful!

Mia said...

GORGEOUS page, Elizabeth! I had never thought to use letters from magazines for sentiments. Thank you for the inspiration, my dear friend.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Fabulous fun post!!!!! I was so amused, thank you!
Have a beautiful day and and take care of yourself, hug, Elke

nwilliams6 said...

What a fabulous scene - so much going on!!! Love your extra added elements and texture as well. Makes me smile!!! Hugz

Eileen Bergen said...

Fabulous page, Elizabeth. Did you mention where you got the fantastic car image? I love the use of texture paste to depict the road and the ransom note letters. Very clever. I'm loving this altered book. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Eileen

pearshapedcrafting said...

I'm still smiling from seeing this page! Love how you added texture to this fun image! Hugs, Chrisx