Monday, September 21, 2020

The Dome and The Farm


Since I have a few hours between Monday Murals and T Time, I thought I would share another Art Journal Journey entry today using Jo's theme which is Texture.

I named this The Dome.  

Perhaps you can see why.

I considered naming it the matrix, too.

There are lots of disparate images and each one was used because of the texture.

This is an abstract and you may interpret it in whatever way it speaks to you.

For this page in my Scraps altered book, I started by adding images from two different books, as well as two snippets of ribbon, textured scrapbook paper, words from a magazine, and two pieces of cardstock I colored blue.  All items were adhered using a glue stick, except the ribbons, which were added using fabric glue.

I also have one last tag for Valerie's theme, which is Farm Animals at Tag Tuesday.  I'm squeaking in just under the wire on this one.  I'm also joining Try it on Tuesday's latest challenge which is Scraps.

This is one of those cards I found in my recycle pile. 

I pulled it out, ran my scissors around the edges to give it some texture,

then added it to a piece of corrugated cardboard that had originally been used as packing material.

Even the fibers were scraps, left over from another project.

For this page, I started with the card, then used two cancelled postage stamps to cover the gorilla under the butterfly and a bear under the flowers, which I'm sure you will find on any farm, although they aren't animals.  I darkened the two postage stamps so they didn't stand out so much and I did the same to the hole protector, the only new item on this tag.

Thanks so very much for visiting me today.  I hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey Try it on Tuesday, and Tag Tuesday with your own tag, mixed media, or abstract art.


16 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Great journal page and a wonderful tags. I nearly fell off the chair when I saw you had made a second tag, wow! And it's lovely, bight and cheerful. Thanks for joining us at TIOT and at TT with this. But you do realise, I will be expecting 2 tags from you each time now??! Have a good start in the week, I'm off to the doc's for m injection. Valerie

Mia said...

I love your page, Elizabeth. The tag is stunning!

Mae Travels said...

You really communicate how much fun you have making those collages and tags! I think I express myself in my cooking the way you do in art.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Lot's of great colors and textures and critters :)

Sandra Wright. said...

Loving the collage of animals..a super tag.
Thank you for playing in our challenge at Tag Tuesday x

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the tag. The animal collage is nice, and the corrugated background is perfect for it.

CJ Kennedy said...

Interesting page. The diagram makes me think of blueprints to construct the dome. Your animal tag is very sweet. I especially love the cat front and center. Enjoy your day.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

the design on the tag is really neat Elizabeth; it would make a nice Feast of St Francis day art piece !!

bleu and squiggles we hope yur havin a grate soooper monday !! =^..^= ♥♥☺☺

My name is Erika. said...

Nice tag. It is certainly down on the farm, and that beagle in the center does not look amused he has to sit still while the cat is on top of him. And nice page for AJJ. I really like the flow chart-if it didn't just go 1,2,3 it could be a epidemiological chart where they track an infection. Smile. Hope it wa a good day! Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous artwork! Both your journal page and tag are gorgeous 😁. I'm loving the texture from all the collage elements on your page and the image on your tag is amazing! Thanks so much for the inspiration over at Art Journal Journey! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

Elkes Lebensglück said...

That is fabulous Journal page and a very nice Tag!
Take care, hug Elke

Jeanie said...

Oh, I do love the abstract nature of that texture piece. It's really lovely and you rose to the challenge!

Eileen Bergen said...

Super tag and scraps page, Elizabeth. I think I would have name the scraps page Matrix, but it's a tough choice. Hugs, Eileen

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous journal page Elizabeth and I really love your tag - great idea to use the stamps! Hugs, Chrisx

Let's Art Journal said...

I'm loving how you put together all those scraps to create you tag - amazing 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

Mrs.B said...

A great journal page Elizabeth and I love the colourful tag, there's so much to look at.
Thank for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril xx