Monday, August 10, 2020

Tags to go with your coffee


As of 7:00 pm Sunday evening, I still have no internet.  I am at my friend Sally's and updating this scheduled post.  T Tuesday is and has been scheduled for days, so everyone may have to serve yourselves this week.  I'll be back as soon as POSSIBLE.  Erika, if I'm still offline in the morning, could you please link me to both TioT and AJJ?

This post was actually inspired

when I decided to join Try it on Tuesday's latest challenge Words and/or Numbers.  I also really wanted to join Creative Artiste when I saw Jo's page this week.  However, after reading the rules, it stated I couldn't post my art unless I became a follower.  I don't like to feel threatened (which feels like they're pointing a gun to my head), so I won't be joining their challenges.

This tag was a gifted die cut, as was the flower and leaf.  I then stamped the words and numbers using black, green, and blue dye ink.  I added the bits of washi tape to the page at the end.  I stamped words and numbers on the hole reinforcer, too.

This tag started as a collage.  I added bits of scraps left over from my ICADs, along with tiny bits of handmade paper left over from a previous project.  I then stamped the numbers on the handmade paper.  I treated this hole reinforcer the same way.

I hadn't actually intended to include this tag.  You can see it was from a used file folder.  I was actually just removing the ink from the stamp I used in the main part of the page.

Alison, who many of you know as Craftytrog is our host this month at Art Journal Journey Her theme is Pockets and Tags.  Alison likes to create her pockets using tea bags, but I'm a huge coffee drinker,and go through at least one pot, sometimes more, every day.

By folding the coffee filter, I was able to create a large pocket.

You don't have to tell me I sewed the pocket upside down to the background, which I stamped four times, then cut to size.

I haven't added this to my challenges altered book yet because some people have asked if I sew the page when it's in the book.  No, all sewing is completed outside the book before I adhere the finished page to the altered book.  I added a row of washi tape to the coffee filter to coordinate with the tag in the pocket.

Thanks so very much for visiting me today.  I hope to also see you at Try it on Tuesday and Art Journal Journey with your own mixed media art. 

17 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry about the internet. Nice tags, they look good in their pocket. Have a good week, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

The tags are so cute. Would make great gift tags, too, and the pocket to store them in is clever. I like the beyond square or rectangle pocket. I hope you're back in the ether.

Iris Flavia said...

Love your pocket!
Ewww, how crap and weird with your internet!!
Hope you can see your ticket tomorrow :-)

Karen said...

Hello ~ Hoping for your service to be up and running for you this week ~ Great tags! and your pocket is clever as well.

sheila 77 said...

Hello Elizabeth.
I so much agree with you about the challenges which insist you follow them first. Instagram is even worse with making you follow, tag a friend and so on.
I love the way you point out anything you do which may have been a mistake but to my eyes seems like a feature. I thought the pocket looked good with its outside flap. I like all three of your tags, the collaged one, the stamped one and the one who came along for the ride.
Hope you get your Internet back soon, Elizabeth. You could maybe get a Dongle for your PC for the next time it happens. In case you don't know a Dongle lets you get on to the Internet without Wifi. You pay for a day (not much) or a week or whatever. I am looking for our Dongle if the Internet is off for half an hour or even less. Isn't "Dongle" a lovely word? Read about it here -
https://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/guides/mobile-broadband/dongles
Love from Sheila

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! I love everything about this page Elizabeth, the tags, the background and the brilliant coffee filter pocket! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday. I do hope you get your internet fixed soon. Ours is still on and off but mainly on - it must be so annoying! Take care meanwhile, how is your eye? Hugs, Chrisx

kathyinozarks said...

Great tags Elizabeth
sorry you have to put up with such unreliable internet service-wish you could find a better service. Happy Monday

Eileen Bergen said...

Very cool tags and pocket journal spread. You've really been inspired this week. Sorry to hear about your internet being out AGAIN! Eileen xx

da tabbies o trout towne said...

elizabeth; sorry about the internet stuff; what's the saying about tech, it's great..when it works !!! these tags are really neat bye the way :) great job :) ♥♥☺☺

Mia said...

Lovely tags, Elizabeth, and a gorgeous page!!!!!!!!!! Kisses, my friend.

My name is Erika. said...

I think internet being down is going around. I finally linked you up tonight now that my internet is back. Sorry for the delay. But these tags are cool and even better is that cool pocket to hold those tags! What a fantastic page. Hope your internet is back soon. Hugs-Erika

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Beautiful Tags and the great, fantastic Page!!! I hope your internet will be better soon.
Have a good week, hugs Elke

craftytrog said...

Fabulous tags and I love that coffee filter pocket! A brilliant page for my AJJ theme Erika!
Alison xx

craftytrog said...

Oops! Elizabeth not Erika! Sorry! xx

Jeanie said...

I love all these pieces. They have wonderful texture!

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page Elizabeth and it fits both the challenges so well. Its a great background and a super pocket for the tags which all look very interesting.
I hope your internet is working again as I am late stopping by this week.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

So sorry to hear you are having such problems with the internet. Luckily you don't have a problem with thinking of ways to make pockets and tags. Great idea to use the coffee bag in this way and it used your trademark sewing too.
Brilliant!
Hugs, Neet xx