Sunday, June 14, 2020

Monday Murals: X3MEX


It's time to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals. Although I'm posting at my regular time, please be aware that Sami's mural link won't go live until 11:01 a.m. my time.

This is another mural I found on the north end of my neighborhood.  It is divided into three pieces which were all painted by an artist known as X3MEX.

I don't speak Spanish, so I have no idea what the mural is telling us.

This triptych was created in 2018.

Although I seem to have cut off the first "X" in his name, you can see in the lower left of this mural, this is how he signs his name.

There are two distinct projects that honor muralists in Wichita, Kansas (USA).  One is Avenue Art Days, which is primarily focused downtown.  I've shown several Avenue Art Days murals in the past.  The second is the Horizontes Project, which focuses more on the north end of Wichita.  This, as you can read is a Horizontes Project.  I live between the two projects, so I have a plethora of murals to discover over the next few months.

I found X3MEX's bio on the internet.  He was born in Mexico, then immigrated to Arkansas, a state in the United States, in 1994.  Here is how he describes his work:
Focus on social issues, I am a visual artist whose mediums range from graphic design, screen printing, mural painting, canvas painting, photography, sculpture, and graffiti. I’m active in my community, am an organizer of cultural events, have painted all through the US and Mexico, from Chiapas, Mexico City, Juarez, NY City, all through the South, Portland, to name a few. From the Spanish embassy in Mexico city to small neighborhoods in Juarez and elsewhere. I’m a co-founder member of the art collective, Movimiento Hunab Ku and member of Colectivo Reziste.
His work is found on Instagram at @x3mex, but I'm not a member, so was only able to see about six images before it went dark and told me to sign in or sign up.  What I DID see were a couple of murals he's created featuring George Floyd.

This mural is located at 130 E. 21st St., Wichita, Kansas (USA).

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World

24 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful murals. I love the idea of 'Paths of hope'. That's something we all need! Have a great day, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Love these murals and the path of hope is a great idea as Valerie said.Thanks so much for well wishes for hubby, an attack of kidney stones is not a pleasant pain to go through...xx

Bertiebo said...

Wow, it's a beautiful mural. Along th paths of hope... Let's hope!

Iris Flavia said...

A very important one you found there. And nice to learn how much the artist does for the community on top of painting, too!

Mae Travels said...

You have found a very fascinating mural artist. You are lucky to live in the mural district!

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

Really beautiful. I like how each section of the mural is "framed" and looks like a single picture, but also how they merge into one image

DVArtist said...

Yes "in the path of hope" This is a stunning piece of art and so appropriate. You find the best murals. Thank you. Have a nice Sunday.

peggy gatto said...

So wonderful to see these, thanks!

Divers and Sundry said...

I love how they designed the mural to be a single image spanning 3 panels. Beautiful!

kwarkito said...

I like it very much. A gereat find

Tom said...

...you must have a large Hispanic population in your area! I like murals that have a political or social flavor to them. Thanks for sahring this one, take care.

Karen said...

Very insightful ~ Enjoy the week ahead :)

Karen said...

Very insightful ~ Enjoy the week ahead :)

Rita said...

Googled it.
Along the paths of hope.
That's beautiful!

Meggymay said...

Beautiful murals, so much time abd care must have been taken to create this area.
Yvonne xx

Sami said...

A lovely triptych mural with a nice message and a Mexican flavour.
Thanks for contributing Elizabeth.

Nancy said...

So much detail in this. I wonder how long some of these take to create! I see "esperanza" which is hope, and camino wich is roads. But I see others have translated for us. And are there special paints or sealants to preserve the colors in these outdoor artworks? I'll have to google that.

My name is Erika. said...

You have such fascinating murals in Wichita. And with the Mayan/Aztec theme. The blue behind these people almost makes them glow. Very cool. Sorry to be late but for some reason last night I did the challenge blogs and then just didn't want to sit on the computer. See you later for T. hugs-Erika

junemac2 said...

Love these and wish they were more common here where i live. I love to see things looking colourful and better than just concrete and brick.

Have a lovely week my friend
june x

craftytrog said...

It's a beautiful triptych Elizabeth! xx

RedPat said...

You captured this one well!

restlessjo said...

It's become such a medium for peaceful protest :) :)

Words and Pictures said...

That's a really powerful mural with a potent message. I love how they've left the pillars in between as plain brickwork. It gives it all great strength in the framing.
Alison x

RO said...

It's so wonderful to see all the talented people who are taking the time to send messages for the world to see. I peeked over at Instagram, and he has a lot of great art there. Hugs, RO