Monday, June 1, 2020

A new month, a new host at Art Journal Journey


Today we welcome a new host for the month of June at Art Journal Journey.  Please welcome my friend Halle who you'll find at Halle's Hobbies.  Her theme for this month is A Stitch in Time.  Per Halle, your journal page can contain time, stitching, or both.

I decided to take the theme literally.

I threw many stitches on a clock face from Graphics Fairy (see my right sidebar) I printed on 110 lb card stock.  It's the first time I haven't used variegated thread in so long, I almost wasn't convinced this would turn out well.

Then I got out one of my stencils and added the title.

Wouldn't you know that my hand would cramp and shake by the time I got to the "S."  Thus the errant mark over the letter.

I waited awhile before adding the word Time, so my hand would be functional again.  On a side note, I started each word from the center middle letter(s) and worked my way outward.

Thanks beyond belief for visiting today.   Bleubeard and I are happy you stopped by.  We hope you will join Halle, Yvonne, Erika, Bleubeard, and me this month at Art Journal Journey with your own art inspired by A Stitch in Time.  Please be aware, we want to see your altered book pages, journal pages, loose journal art, canvases, fabric pages, and digital art.  However, we cannot accept cards, ATCs, ATCoins, tags, or 3-D art not attached to your journal page, and will be forced to delete your entry. 

I'm also sharing my first ICAD for 2020.

Future cards will be shown every Friday through the end of July.

17 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful art, have fun with the new theme and ICADS. Have a happy and healthy June! Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Another fabulous theme over @ AJJ Elizabeth, that's a great first page with those stitched clock hands. Have fun with the ICAD's, I look forward to seeing them.. Happy June, take care Tracey xx

Iris Flavia said...

Ohhh. My Dad sure would´ve looooved your work again, having been a watch maker, amongst other, and I could join with all the clocks we have here, it would be pics only, but I´ll add all in regular posts, if that´s OK.

My name is Erika. said...

That's a cool idea! I tend to take things literally for the beginning of a challenge also. Then my brain actually kicks into some other ideas. I like the big clock image and also your stitches hands. Happy JUne. Hugs-Erika

Halle said...

That is very clever indeed. Love how literally you took the theme with this first piece.

Caty said...

OOhh your stiched time is wonderful Elizabeth !! I loove the you have stiched the clockwise. Wonderful your Ipad for this year, great colours.
I wish you a very nice new weekd, and send big hugs
Caty

aussie aNNie said...

Great post and have fun.xx

Meggymay said...

Its a fantastic clock face page with the stitched hands, I think we are going to enjoy Halle's theme this month. It was a good tip about the word stencil as well, guess who often runs out of space when the answer to the problem is so simple when you get a prompt to think about it.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Clever interpretation.

Rika said...

Great take on the challenge!
love the clock.

DVArtist said...

Ohhh I like this very much. A stitch in time a great theme for sure. Happy June.

craftytrog said...

A wonderful page Elizabeth! I love those stitched hands.
Happy June!
Alison xx

craftytrog said...

Forgot to say...great ICAD. I'm joining in with my ICADs too ;-)

nwilliams6 said...

Fab idea taking the stitch in time theme literally! Love it!!!! Fun, fun. Can't wait to see all your cool cards you are going to make!!!!!!

Divers and Sundry said...

Cool! I like your literal take on it :) I'm looking forward to your ICADs.

Jeanie said...

What a good theme! I love how you took it literally -- it works like a charm!

kathyinozarks said...

Love it