Sunday, March 15, 2020

Monday Murals: a barber shop surprise


I'm once again joining Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals. Although I'm posting at my regular time, please be aware that Sami's mural linky won't go live until 11:01 a.m. my time.  Last week I was also invited to join Betty at My Corner of the World.  I decided to wait until this week so I could give her blog proper credit.

I was on my way to meet some friends when I stumbled across this free standing barber shop on North Broadway in Wichita, Kansas (USA).

After getting a close up of the mural,

I decided to walk all the way around the building

at which time I found this in front.
Then I checked the other side 

and was rewarded with this mural.  Even though I looked everywhere, I didn't find the name of the muralist.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  And please don't forget to visit Betty at My Corner of the World.

18 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

You found a fun place with some great murals. Valerie

Helen said...

That's a fun one! have a great Sunday

Words and Pictures said...

Those murals are just incredible - so full of energy and dynamism - love them both... and how dramatic against the red. Happy Sunday!
Alison x

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun! I really like the hand-lettering of this mural

froebelsternchen said...

What a cool shop ! SUPER!!!
Happy Sunday Dr.E.!

Susi xxx

My name is Erika. said...

That is a great barbershop mural. There must be a lot of murals in Wichita-at least compared to NH. Murals aren't so popular here. I like this one. Hopefully you are staying well. Hugs-Erika

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great murals on this building Elizabeth.

Divers and Sundry said...

Cool! Definitely eye-catching :)

DVArtist said...

Someone did a very nice job on this. Thanks for sharing it. I will go check out the other murals. Have a great Sunday.

kwarkito said...

It's a great and very colorful mural. I like it very much

Mae Travels said...

It's great when murals are on all 4 walls of a small building like that!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Rita said...

Those are cool murals that are certain to catch the eye! :)

Tom said...

...fabulous mural, I hope that it sticks around for many years to come.

Bertiebo said...

Barbershops... to remember

Iris Flavia said...

Very nice! Reckon it´s for men only (inside)?

Sami said...

A great barber shop mural Elizabeth :)
Thanks for participating.

Meggymay said...

Its a great mural and must have taken the artist hours and weeks to create. It must be so uplifting to see these , certainly they look cheerful and perhaps get more customers to the store.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

This one is absolutely wonderful!