Saturday, February 22, 2020

The tracks we leave


Some of you probably saw my Second Thursday tutorial where I shared a new-to-me shaving cream/foam technique.  I used the heart, cut from a recycled cracker box, on today's journal entry

just as I did the blue/green heart I featured in the tutorial.

When it came time to work on this entry, I was at a loss.  I allowed the heart to sit for nearly a week before I noticed the magnetic square I had tossed in the recycle bin possessed the perfect colors to fit the heart.  It also had a sentiment I could use.

"We will be known forever by the tracks we leave."  It's a Dakota Proverb.

I sewed a heart shape

to affix the magnet to the page.

For this journal page, I started with a sheet of 110 lb card stock to which I stamped a heart using the shaving cream technique.  I then dug a magnet out of my recycle bin and sewed it to the middle of the heart using variegated thread.  Because it looked too plain to me, I added sewing around the edge of the paper using the same variegated thread.  This is a Heart, my theme at Art Journal Journey this month, so I'll be joining them, and because Try it on Tuesday's theme is Recycle Something, I'll be joining them, too.

And because we actually had more than a dusting of snow for a change,

I shot these photos on my way to my mailbox.

My flower bed looks rather sad.

The concrete was so warm, the snow quickly melted from those areas where the sun shone.

Thanks beyond belief for stopping by today. Your support of my art means the world to me.  I hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey and Try it on Tuesday


19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

You've got snow - enjoy! Another lovely heart page with great. additional sewing. Have a fun day, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Great post...love this again. Hope I will be known when I 'leave' won't be by my tracks it will be by a a craftroom full of goodies...xx

Iris Flavia said...

That is a very wise saying.
Sadly a negative one for too many. I am "old", I saw so much. Wild flowers in season (Australia). Signs (plural): "Don´t pick wildflowers".
We stopped to take a pic. Or two... three. I heard they were German. They picked :-(
All the trash... SORRY! But ... my Mum said I´m a negative person, I used to say, "I´m realistic, I just see both (or more) sides".

I went shopping! Stamps! Hearts! Ingo was like a lille boy, trying them out :-)
I hope to get something done in time. But... not sure if I "qualify" - see my problem? I always know I´m not good enough. Hmmm. Negative?)

Ewww. That snow. WAIT. ... done! Knocked on wood three times we don´t get any.
Looks nice, but. Ewww...

CJ Kennedy said...

Another pretty card and saying. We haven't had much snow this Winter. Fine by me.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Another lovely heart page!!Great idea with the seam and the nice saying with the picture in the middle Have a good day with snow, Elke

Divers and Sundry said...

Snow! So wonderful to see it. That much snow here would cause great excitement! :)

Mia said...

I am glad you saved it, Elizabeth. Perfect sentiment. A beautiful page!!!
And I love snow! In Athens (Greece) it is winter too but the temperature is around 20 Celsius degrees!
Kisses and hope it is not too late but I joined TSFT again!

Jeanie said...

What a thoughtful sentiment and I do love that technique. You have a good deal of snow -- stay upright! And keep cozy!

Rita said...

Enjoy your snow!

I love your home-made heart stamp. Made a great page. :)

Meggymay said...

The sentiment you saved and scene on the magnet are just the right find to add to this fabulous page., it goes so well with the beautiful heart,
Its a perfect inspiration page for both Art journal Journey and at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Isn’t funny how some pages make us work to finish them and others just finish themselves in an instant? That was lucky you saw that magnet in the trash. It does work to help you make this wonderful page. Thanks for also linking it to TIOT. And you get get snow. I am in Albuquerque this morning driving north and hope it stays snow free. We have enough at home. Ha ha. Hope you’re having a good weekend. Hugs Erika

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your snowy pictures and I love your heart page.

All the best Jan

froebelsternchen said...

Wonderful page.... I hope there will be spring sun now meanwhile ... we all need spring I guess!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I nkew you would enter at Try It On Tuesday! This is such a fabulous page with that lovely pink heart and of course the sewing! Thank you so much for joining us!
We haven't had any snow in our part of the country - it does look so lovely even though it is melting quickly! Hugs, Chrisx

craftytrog said...

Great photos and your page is beautiful Elizabeth! xx

Cindy McMath said...

Lovely heart and great way to add the sentiment - sewing adds dimension and interest.

Blogger said...

Do you realize there is a 12 word sentence you can speak to your crush... that will induce deep feelings of love and impulsive appeal for you deep inside his heart?

That's because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's instinct to love, look after and look after you with his entire heart...

12 Words That Trigger A Man's Desire Response

This instinct is so built-in to a man's genetics that it will make him try better than ever before to do his best at looking after your relationship.

In fact, fueling this powerful instinct is so binding to achieving the best ever relationship with your man that as soon as you send your man one of the "Secret Signals"...

...You will instantly notice him expose his soul and mind to you in a way he never experienced before and he will distinguish you as the one and only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly tempted him.

Unknown said...

As claimed by Stanford Medical, It's indeed the SINGLE reason women in this country get to live 10 years longer and weigh an average of 19 KG lighter than we do.

(By the way, it has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret exercise and really, EVERYTHING around "how" they are eating.)

BTW, What I said is "HOW", not "what"...

TAP on this link to find out if this easy test can help you discover your true weight loss potential

Mrs.B said...

I'm a bit behind with my commenting, but this is a wonderful post Elizabeth. Using shaving foam is a great technique and so many different backgrounds by the end of the session. I love your page and it's a lovely quote on the magnetic square.
Thanks for all your support at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril xx