Sunday, December 15, 2019

My Numbers Guy


While Sami is on hiatus, along with her Monday Murals, I'm once again joining Yvonne, aka Meggymay, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  She wants us to use Words and Numbers in our art.

I call this My Numbers Guy.

I brought out a new-to-me stencil and went to town.

I recycled three of my 365-somethings, those 4 inch square pieces of art I made every day last year.

For a bit of bling, I added a house number I found in my stash.  I should use these more often because I bought a boatload of them one year at the thrift shop.  One of the things I like about them is they are self stick.

Culling through the squares, my goal was to find those with the yellow, red, pink, and orange colors I planned to use for this journal page.

I wanted the squares to blend rather seamlessly with the background.

I began with a sheet of 110 lb card stock to which I added a sheet of computer generated ledger paper found on the internet.  Once adhered, I colored the ledger page using the yellow water soluble crayon.  When dry, I added the three squares, one to which I added stenciling, one the address number (7), and the tissue paper on which the paper doll could stand.

Thanks for visiting today. Your visits mean the world to me.  I hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey
 

15 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a fun page, great idea to use up the smaller squares this way. Lovely colours, too. Have a great Sunday, it's cold, wet and windy again here. Hugs, Valerie

craftytrog said...

This is a wonderful, bright and colourful page Elizabeth, and just what I needed this dark morning.
You were absolutely correct in what you wrote in your latest comment on my blog! The elected PM is definitely the worst of the bunch though, in my opinion, a liar and a cheat, funded by the wealthy, for the wealthy! I didn't want to leave the EU either, so it's a double whammy.
Blessings to you,
Alison xx

Meggymay said...

He is a handsome numbers guy. The background colours are bright and cheerful.
I did notice one of your layers was about boarding school they all blend together so well, he stencil also looks great.
I was thinking numbers/school today , great minds think alike.
Another super take on our AJJ theme Elizabeth..
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page! I love the different papers that you used and the colours are so happy 😁. Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jo x

CJ Kennedy said...

Maybe your cheery colors will coax the sun to come out here. The Numbers Guy is quite dapper. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Cindy McMath said...

This is lovely, and you did a great job of creating a seamless page with your 365 somethings. I love the bright colours!

DVArtist said...

I admire artist that can use stencils. Your art is so impressive. I have tried to use stencils and.... well.... it just doesn't work for me. LOL I really like this piece and the guy too.

My name is Erika. said...

He looks like an engineer or another words, a numbers guy. I really like this page. I like that computer generated ledger paper lot too. It gives the page a super vintage touch. You are really the queen of this challenge. Hope its been a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

Sandra Cox said...

Oh this was fun. I loved the bright yellow in the background.
Hope your Sunday has been wondrous.

Birgit said...

I'm back and it's crazy time! I love your page that is bright and inviting with mr. Accountant. I love the background and the colors.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the numbers Guy, your page is so bright and colourful.
We've had dull wet days over the weekend so it's nice to see some colour and cheer! Thank you :)

All the best Jan

Rita said...

Very nice!! All goes together so well. :)

Aimeslee Winans said...

Well, Elizabeth, one could interpret the 7 as he's your Lucky #7 Numbers Guy! I envy your ability to collage loosely. I'm too anal, 30 yrs as a tax accountant I guess. It's a very lovely page. xoxo

Cath Wilson said...

I really like this, Elisabeth - the colours look wonderful and the composition is fab.
Cath x

Jeanie said...

I love the colors on this one. If math was pink and yellow, I might be able to do it better~!