Monday, November 4, 2019

Sometimes you have to step back


Since I have a few hours between Monday Murals and T Time, I though I should put my organization skills to work.  This may look like a post for What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday (WOYWW), but it's really

a massive clean-up.  These are items from the basement I brought to the craft room that I intend to use to make art for Art Every Day Month, or AEDM.  If all goes well, by the end of November, I will have made several gifts to give to friends.  But first, I had to organize and find space for all these things I hope to use during this month.

Once that was done, you might be able to see I've already started my first gift, which is a deconstructed macaroni box I covered with a portion of a map of my home state.  It's now patiently waiting behind that bottle of glue for what will come next.  The tiny bits of leftovers, along with an old tag I found in the basement, will be used at some point this month.  Nothing goes to waste when I make art.

Speaking of no waste, I created

this tag for both Tag Tuesday, where Valerie has chosen Anything Goes, and Try it on Tuesday, where their theme this fortnight is Colors of Autumn.

The colors didn't look very autumnal

because I color compensated in PhotoShop.




When I stopped compensating, the colors were much closer to the actual tag colors.







I got a little carried away with the photos, but I couldn't bring myself to stop.

For this tag, I began with a strip of used file folder over which I added a strip of paper bag I got when I purchased something years ago.  I glued the top layer of a gifted decorative napkin over the bag.  I added a craft leaf and the brown cord, both of which I found during the clean-up.

Thanks for joining me while I organized the items I intend to make for AEDM and made a tag from some of the leftovers found on my table.  I also hope to see you at AEDM, Tag Tuesday, and Try it on Tuesday

This is Day 4 of AEDM and I
put my organization skills to work, made a tag for two challenges, and started my first Christmas gift.  I want to thank Leah, for hosting this event again, and am sad that I can't leave her comments on her gorgeous paintings on Instagram.

26 thoughtful remarks:

froebelsternchen said...

A super tag Elizabeth! And you are pretty well organized as it seems.
Happy new week and thank you for supporting Try it on Tuesday! Much appreciated!
Susi xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely tag Elizabeth, thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated. Have a fun week! Valerie

Cath Wilson said...

Gorgeous tag, Elisabeth. I haven't used tags for a while, but I really ought to because they are so much fun. Lovely tidy desk! Bet it doesn't stay that way, though...
Happy Monday!
Cath x

Cath Wilson said...

Back again, with my Try it on Tuesday hat on... thank you so much for joining our Autumn Colours challenge.
Cath x

Iris Flavia said...

I love your workplace! Hehe, mine looks a bit like that now, too, as you "infected" me with art!
Beautiful tag!

In case you don´t re-read at comments: I have pics of my parents here, where they were fit and happy. No need to go and see the grave. If that helps...

RO said...

I really like how your tag worked out, and it fits the season perfectly. I see a Genius is still at work! (lol) With all the artwork you do, it always amazes me how neat you keep your desk. Happy Monday!

Sami said...

Welcome back Elizabeth. Beautiful Autumn tag :)

My name is Erika. said...

This is a gorgeous tag and I am glad you decided to join us at Try It On Tuesday. Thank you. And it is time to think about holiday cards and holiday gifts. I have to put my box of Halloween papers and stamps away and pull out the box of Christmas stamps and papers, etc. Holy cow. Hope you have a great Monday and see you soon for T. Hugs-Erika

Barbara said...

Love the tag!

CJ Kennedy said...

I'm also organizing my workspace. Seems to be a never ending battle. I like the Fall colors tag and the checked background before you photoshopped. I like how the leaves show up on the blue and the check pattern reminds me of flannel shirts. Enjoy your organizing and making.

Nancy said...

Perfect tag for Autumn! Oh my, the cleaning of the work areas- an ongoing process for sure. All of the "stuff" just begs to be used and waits patiently.

Cindy McMath said...

Nice tag! I love the fall colours. As to how I would mail my sewn postcard - I think I’d put it into a clear envelope.

kathyinozarks said...

I love your tag Elizabeth-and looks like a fun month ahead for creating-enjoy! Hugs Kathy

DVArtist said...

Hi Elizabeth! Your work space a awesome! I was checking out the back of the room and you seem to have that artist chaos organization. I love it. Mine is the same, however, I know where everything is and no one better touch my room. LOL I really love this tag, the way the leaves blend into the (what I see as a fence) background. It depicts the wet fall leaves that stick to everything. Great use of color too.

Words and Pictures said...

Impressive organisation to get yourself prepared for daily artwork this month. I love the tag - the napkin is great with those leaves hovering within the gingham, and I love the simple rustic twine to finish it off.
Alison x

Divers and Sundry said...

I love that tag. It reminds me of real life, where the gorgeous colors of Autumn happen against the background of everyday life.

Sandra Cox said...

Love this fall tag. And the ropey bow really sets it off.
Hope all is well.

craftytrog said...

Lovely tag Elizabeth, the leaves look great on the gingham background.
Alison xx

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I love the gingham autumn tag, Elizabeth. You are, without a doubt, the most organized person I've ever known! People say that about me, but you put me to shame. Eileen xx

P.S. I've gotten many organizing and recycling tips from you.

Meggymay said...

I am in awe of your tidy desk space, mine never gets to look like that these days.
The tag looks gorgeous,I love the way you use materials in your pieces and the lovely autumn leaf colours. I am so pleased you have linked with us at Try it on Tuesdays as well.
Yvonne xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

I do like your tag, Elizabeth. It looks like there is a layer on top of tissue paper muting everything some underneath. Makes me wanna touch it.

Please feel free to add my blog to your sidebar. I would be honored!

That last mural was something else! Take care, xoxo

Lowcarb team member said...

You seem very well organized.
I love your tag, so nice to see Autumn colours and leaves :)

All the best Jan

Jeanie said...

I think this is beautiful. And it is perfect fall. Loads of texture and I can see why you were having fun with the photos. I would be, too.

Rosie said...

A wonderful Tag, Elisabeth

Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

NatureFootstep said...

giggling, well, I don´t have a studio or craftsroom so my kitchen and bedroom looks like this. :)

The leafs looks great on that cloth. :) Great idea by the way. :)

Mrs.B said...

A lovely Autumnal tag Elizabeth, loving the leaf colour shades - original and photoshopped.
Your desk looks very organised, but will it stay like that?
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x