Thursday, October 31, 2019

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas and sharing my completed October and new November calendar pages


This is a scheduled post.  I'll be offline until Saturday, so I hope someone will link this post at Art Journal Journey. Don't worry.  I'll be back to host Second on the 2nd and I'll be around to visit everyone once I'm online.

I'm joining Eileen aka The Artful Crafter our host this month at Art Journal Journey for the final time this month.  I'm sure most know her theme is Dreams and/or Wishes.

But first, I want to get my monthly calendars out of the way.

First, my completed October calendar focuses on pumpkins, black cats, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and of course, Bleubeard's birthday.

Then there is my November, 2019 calendar ready to be written in.  You can see I used falling leaves to signify November.

Now that you've patiently waited, here is

my final Dreams and/or Wishes for Art Journal Journey.  Has anyone who lives in the states noticed how Christmas has already taken over the airwaves?  Two weeks ago Hallmark Movies and Mysteries (HMM) started their 24/7 Christmas movies that will continue through the first of the year.  Last Friday, Hallmark Channel and  Lifetime Channel are now showing Christmas movies 24/7 through the new year.  I don't know about you, but if I were watching these, I'd be so sick of Christmas right about Thanksgiving (for my international visitors, Thanksgiving in the U.S. is the fourth Thursday in November every year).

It may still be a bit early, but

"I'm dreaming

of a white


Christmas."




I tried something completely different for this spread that started with 110 lb. card stock.  I found snowflakes on the internet, and because I have only black ink (for my inkjet printer) and black toner (for my laser printer), I desaturated them in PhotoShop.   Next, I created the sentiment and printed it from my laser printer.  Finally, I had these Christmas images.  I had them laid out the way I liked them, then I got called away and, when I returned, I glued them in the wrong places, which made the balance all wrong.  Still, I was OK with how it turned out.

I would like to thank Eileen for hosting this month.  Not only did she give us many wonderful and inspirational examples, she visited every person who participated, something I sadly can't say I did due to my time away from the internet.  Thank you again, Eileen for your fabulous hosting skills.  As a first time host, you did a wonderful job.

Thanks for visiting today.  I know I forced you to see my boring life before I showed my final entry for Art Journal Journey this month, but I'm still delighted you stopped by.  I look forward to revealing our next host at Art Journal Journey tomorrow.  However, there's still time to join us with your own Dreams and/or Wishes.


19 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

The 30th is my favorite :-)
Oh, a white Christmas! When I was a kid we had this. These days... Maybe February...
Luckily no Christmas movies here, yet!
Cute pics, I remember those fluffy "things" you put your hands in, but I don´t remember the name. I think we called it "Muff"?
Have a good time off, dear friend, sometimes that´s good, too :-)

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful calendar pages and journal page, but I am not dreaming of a white Christmas. I always need to read and watch lots of things with no Xmas message and soft and mushy feelings otherwise I would go mad! Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I think it is a smart take on this challenge. I didn't even think of this song quote. I like the vintage photos, and I think they are laid out nicely. But just wanted to let you know Thanksgiving is the third Thursday of the month. No biggie. Hope you are off having fun. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Loved your October spread especially the black cats. Halloween would have been Ink's 22 birthday. Though your page is pretty, I don't want to think about Winter, Christmas, or the heinous snow. 😢

craftytrog said...

Your completed calendar page looks great Elizabeth, and I love your Christmassy page!
I don't mind a white Christmas, as long as it doesn't spoil our travel plans.
Alison xx

R's Rue said...

Love.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Wow, you managed to sneak another page in for AJJ's Dreams challenge, Elizabeth! You're simply amazing. Brilliant quote idea. The only store in our town that has Christmas stuff on display is Walmart. Also on sale are autumn decorations, Halloween costumes, decor and candy, stuff for Day of the Dead and American Thanksgiving! It does get ridiculous. One gets tired of the holidays before they even arrive. I keep my blinders on when shopping. Eileen xx

froebelsternchen said...

I love this wonderful page! I am also dreaming of a white Christmas.

Well done with the calendar pages!!!
Can't believe that this year will end so soon!!!
Unbelievable!
It flew by!
Big hugs,

Thank you for all the work you do for AJJ....
♥♥♥

Susi

Cindy McMath said...

I think it’s great that you keep the calendar pages going. So much more fun than my Outlook version. Your white Christmas page is lovely Hopefully it’s just a dream. I don’t know what our networks are playing as I cut off my cable years ago and recently got rid of my tv

Sami said...

I like your calendar Elizabeth. I've been keeping a Bullet journal and find that I'm so much more organized that way.
No White Christmas for us now, but I remember having a few White Christmas when we lived in Germany.

Divers and Sundry said...

I love your choice of leaves for November :)

We don't get any of those channels so haven't seen any Christmas shows or movies yet. I won't be jumping on that bandwagon 'til after Thanksgiving. I'm still in Halloween mode, thinking all the witchy thoughts.

kathyinozarks said...

Awesome page Elizabeth and I always love seeing your calender pages-

Jeanie said...

I confess -- I can't bear to see much anything of Christmas till after Thanksgiving. I just can't! But I do love the graphics you used here. (Looks like we COULD be in for a white Halloween...)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your calendar pages are looking good - I've just realised that I haven't prepared mine - who knows I may be able to make one relating to AJJ again!
As for snow we went up near the Peak District today and it was icy cold so sorry, not wishing for or dreaming of a White Christmas unless it comes and goes in a day and the roads aren't blocked and I don't get to see my Grandchildren!
Just checked our TV guide and yes - we have 3 Channels of Christmas Films already!!!! I won't be watching until December 1st and then with dark afternoons and an election coming up on my birthday I will be hooked! Hugs, Chrisx

Caty said...

Your calendar pages are awesome Elizabeth !! The page for November is sobeautiful, love the leaves for this month. I think I may do a calendar too, but don´t find the moment to begin it.
Your Art journal page is espectacular, I like very much those snowflakes, and the images are really fantastic. I like white Christmas, and we have to go to Sierra Nevada to see the snow, that is at aprox. 180/190 km from Almería.
I wish you a very Happy Halloween, and send big hugs
Caty

Meggymay said...

Your dreaming of Christmas journal page looks awesome, the white space you left draws the eye to those beautiful snowflakes. Christmas is being advertised in a lot of our stores here now, it seems to get earlier each year.
Your calendar pages looked good as well.
Yvonne xx

Rita said...

Always nice to see a new monthly spread ready to go. :)

That is too much Christmas for me, too!

Words and Pictures said...

I think the calendar pages are such a lovely idea, but I know I'd never keep it up - so good on you for keeping it going. The 4th and 5th of October made me smile!

I love your vintage Christmas images, and the intricate snowflakes. I'm not dreaming of Christmas yet. I get very cross with all the marketing that starts now (or even earlier) and means people are bored with it all by Christmas Day and then rip down the decorations on Boxing Day. Ours go up the night before Christmas Eve and then stay up for the 12 Days of Christmas, coming down on 6th January. For me, the most precious part of the season is that quiet time after all the celebrations of the main day, when I sit by the tree with candlelight, music and a good book. I also think if there were ever a month that needed fairy lights to brighten it, it's January!
Alison x

da tabbies o trout towne said...

bleu N squiggles; sum one waz dreemin oh a white howl o ween round de land oh trout...KNOT uz mind ewe, coz we looked out side N said....R ya kiddin uz !!!!...ther they bee...flakez oh plentee

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ~~~~☺☺♥♥