Monday, June 10, 2019

T Stands For Watermark Books and Cafe


I found this in my files and realized I had never shared it.  Today (actually last summer) we are headed to Watermark Books.

You can't help but appreciate all that color.

There are seats inside and out, but the day we went it was too hot to sit outside.   Everyone else apparently felt the same, too.

Inside was cool and fun.


Snarky tea towels and oven mitts abounded.


Feel free to order a drink of your choice on me.

I ordered the Three Musketeers and my foodie friend Sally had an As You Like It.

Their cafe is only open until 2 p.m., so food choices were limited by the time we got there.  Drinks weren't in short supply, though.

Sally and I both had water, but I didn't find any lemon.

We plan to go back soon, so I thought I should share this food and drink experience we had last summer.

It's now time for you to share your own drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Regardless, please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.   Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and (obviously) not just this year.



As an update, we will be exchanging ATCs for our 6th annual T Stands For Tuesday party.  Only one person wanted In Country Only.  Looks like 10 T Tuesday participants want to trade ATCs, so we will use the PIF or Pay It Forward method this year, rather than having partners.

22 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

I love bookshops with cafes, that's always a cool combination. Thanks for the invite, I've ordered a cappuccino on your ticket! The food looks good, too. Happy T Day, Valerie

johanna said...

thanks for sharing - i think i could not have resisted the tea towel with the rooster, haha!! happy t-day:)

Divers and Sundry said...

Books, cafe, outdoor seating, you can't beat that combo! I'm getting the biggest kick out of the names on the menu. Just ordering a "Moby Dick" would be fun. Happy T Day :)

Meggymay said...

This would be a destination I would love to be able to go to. I guess you know I would probably order the tea.
Outside looked welcoming with the bright coloured chairs and wall art?
I love book stores and a bonus was to see it had its own cafe.
Both your meals looked really delicious.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

CJ Kennedy said...

What a nice place to have lunch. And the menu item names are clever. You can literally devour your favorite book. Too fun! Happy T Day

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! Is this far from where you live? I would want to be going there every week!! A book shop with a cafe that serves such lovely looking salads is a definite draw! It looks such great place inside and out! Happy T day! Hugs, Chrisx

Rita said...

What a lovely bookshop and such delicious, fresh looking food...definitely would be going back there! :)

Sharon Madson said...

I hadn't been there is years, decades, probably. I didn't realize they had a café. Do they still? Thanks for the TSFT post. I missed last week, but I am here now. Happy Tea Day.

My name is Erika. said...

Books and food, what's not to like? It looks like the food is pretty good too. There used to be a super bookstore and restaurant near my mom, and when they closed down many years ago it was really sad. They not only had a lot of great books they also had a great markdown section, which is always my favorite. I hope you share when you go back. And happy T day. hugs-Erika

Halle said...

That looks like a great book shop. I love that they include some fun gift items at those type of small stores. So many unique gifts to be found.
Happy T day!

kathyinozarks said...

I am so glad you shared this with us-what a fabulous book store with a cafe. I agree lots of pretty colors, and your plates look delicious! Love this idea books and cafe.
I won't be posting this week for T we are still going up to the lake house almost every day finishing up projects and moving things.
Happy T hugs Kathy

aussie aNNie said...

What a lovely place to be able to visit, it all looks so inviting..x

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful place to be --books and coffee/tea --- no better combination! Happy T-Day Sweetie!

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fabulous place! I had so much fun joining you and looking around 😁. Your salad looks so delicious too, I would definitely like to join you on your next visit (grin!). Have fun and wishing you a very happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Nancy said...

What a great place! You chose wisely for your order- it looks very good. The cafe photo seems like a small kitchen for such an extensive menu! Yes, you need to go back soon. And don't we all have a button collection that just sits and waits? Using yours in some charms or jewelry will be lots of fun. Glad you liked my necklace. I think earrings would be fun, but I can't wear them.

R's Rue said...

Love it.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Looks like a fun book store to browse in, and the food looked delicious Elizabeth. I'll be back later to leave comments for everyone else. (Note: I didn't notice that radiator when I was in the colonial house, so your good eye for details and comment about it on my blog made me check that photo again. I assume that got added later in time to the house. :-) I also thought you might like the tea brick that was on the table there.) Happy T-Day!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

That looks like a fun place to browse, Elizabeth.

Sorry about my poor description of using a bok/journal like a stamping platform for thin stamps (like clear cling ones). Maybe you can't see the acetate sheet in my photos.

Tape a sheet/piece of acetate on the facing page. After you position the thin stamp on your background page (on the right side in my photos), close the book.

The acetate grabs the stamp, just like it does when you peel it off the product packaging or put it back. Also that's just how stamping platforms work. Open the book. Ink the stamp. Close the book. Ta-da - a stamping that can be repeated - to fill in, add different colors, whatever.

If this is more clear, please let me know. I think I need to edit my post 🤔.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Caty said...

This is a fantastic place to go, seat, eat, dringk... and read !! Love this Elizabeth. Here, I went last year to a restaurant-bar, where there were some books, interesting place, but we just eat and talk a lot. Then, the café at the swimming pool place, also has got some books, but I haven´t seen a library-bar-restaurant... not yet! It would be fabulous.
So, I like this place very much, thanks so much for sharing the wonderful photographs with us.
I wish you a very happy T-day !
And a nice Wednesday,
Big hugs, Caty

Sandra Cox said...

Peace, Love, Books. Purrfect.
What could be better than a bookstore combined with a cafe. I love it.

Sami said...

A visit to a bookshop is always exciting.

Jeanie said...

What a fabulous bookstore! I love places like that -- and the name is perfect. I can't think of a better spot for a cuppa!