Monday, March 11, 2019

Springtime in the desert


Today I'm once again joining Jo from Let's Art Journal who is our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her Hello Springtime theme.  I'm also joining Moo-Mania and More with their Close to Nature theme.

It's Springtime in the desert

We are in the Sonoran Desert in Arizona, where the saguaro cactus grows.

It's only natural our little TH doll is dressed to play the part of a western cowgirl as she welcomes spring in this beautiful area of the United States.

It's obvious why and how I named this latest spread. 

For this entry, I began with a page from a magazine.  I glued it to a letter sized sheet of 110 lb cardstock.  I added the paper doll and a black bird to her hat.   Finally, I added the computer generated sentiment, which I colored with water soluble crayons, the gift from my friend Cindy that just keeps on giving.

I'm always happy when you visit.  Please also join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey and Moo-Mania and More, too.
 

21 thoughtful remarks:

Rosie said...

Wow, Elisabeth, your page is wonderful

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

aussie aNNie said...

Wow absolutely love this spring in the desert...the cactus looks amazing as the whole project...wow..

Valerie-Jael said...

Great spring page, love that cactus, never seen one like that over here in spring! Have a great week, Valerie

chrissie said...

A wonderful background for this fun and inventive page Elizabeth

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx

My name is Erika. said...

Oh springtime in the desert is beautiful. I would love to be there right now. Nice pick from the TH paper doll and nice vintage looking calendar piece too. Happy Monday. Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

This is an exatraordinary inventive springtime (in desert) page Elizabeth!
I'm absolutely delighted with this gorgeous project- I love how you used the TH doll here - she is so appropriate! Thank you so much for this Art Journal Journey entry on my grey Monday and you brighten my day even more with joining in with that rare beauty at Moo Mania & More . Have a wonderful Monday my friend!
Big, big hugs and lots of LOVE
from
Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Another fantastic page! Your little paper doll looks so happy to be in the desert at springtime, she looks like she is going to go exploring 😁. The desert scene is so beautiful too and I love the little bird on her hat - perfect! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Art Journal Journey again! Wishing you a happy new week! J 😊 x

kathyinozarks said...

I love it! Our Wisconsin friends just came back from a short vacation in that area too

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great colors in this.

Cindy McMath said...

I am loving the B&W images against these brilliant springtime backgrounds - lovely! And you picked the perfect colour to accent your words.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! Your found a great scene here for your little cow girl! Love it! Hugs, Chrisx

Divers and Sundry said...

It's a joy to see springtime come, both in real life and in your art. Desert heat sounds attractive :)

Mia said...

Even the desert welcomes spring, Elizabeth! Wow! Great idea and a beautiful page! Kisses, my friend.

Dortesjs said...

waue beautiful, much love

Meggymay said...

I really love your page and springtime in the desert sounds like a good destination when its so cold here.
The background scene you found looks awesome and I loved the TH doll with the bird perched on her hat.
Yvonne xx

Nancy said...

This is terrific!!

Linda Kunsman said...

that girl is perfect for this beautiful scene, and I would love to one day see this part of the US in person!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh yes she is ready and waiting as adventure awaits with her trusty friend the crow in toe... What a fabulous and fun page Elizabeth, the colours within those mountain pages are incredible.I too would love to see this part of the world.
Hugs for the day Tracey xx

Neet said...

How lovely was that to have a page of the desert that glowed like this one does. Perfect for showing us during the Spring challenge. I have often wondered what to do with this particular TH doll and now I know, I need a scene similar to this - she is perfect for the desert - and I love the addition to her hat!
Hugs, Neet xx

Jeanie said...

I really love this one, Elizabeth. The colors, the image, the scene. I like it very much.

Rike said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous springtime page! I love it!