Sunday, December 30, 2018

Spring is for the birds


Bleubeard and I are delighted to spend time with you today, as well as with Art Journal Journey, which we are hosting this month with our themes My Favorite Season, or 'Tis the Season.

Today we are honoring spring and the birds of spring.  We call it Spring is for the birds.

We'll begin with the right side of this spread.


Then we'll migrate to the left side of the spread.


A few close-ups.


These came out great.

Unfortunately the left side close-ups were not as clear and clean.



I found it incredibly difficult to hold this book open long enough to photograph it.

For this spread, I began by laying down various dye inks on a substrate of 110 lb card stock.  For the right side, I found this lovely bird with tulips on a greeting card and cut it down.  I then outlined it with a green marker.

For the left side, I used some leftover painted papers from another project and glued them to my page after I added the bird images I rounded using a corner punch.  When I had them securely glued to the page, I thought I probably should have rounded the green square corners, too.  Live and learn.

Bleubeard, my adorable and handsome co-host and I are delighted you stopped by and spent part of your time with us today.  We also invite you to join us at Art Journal Journey where our themes are My Favorite Season, or 'Tis the Season.  There's still time to join us.

17 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, it seems like a long time to wait now for spring! Have a great day, Valerie

chrissie said...

A wonderful reminder that Spring will come around again Elizabeth.Sometimes on grey and wet days it seems a long way off.

Have a great day you and Bluebeard

Love Chrissie xx

froebelsternchen said...

So beautiful! This is such a lovely layout and I LOVE how you put all together on the fantastic background! I LOVE spring and so no wonder I LOVE your pages so much the more! I am already longing for spring - we got snow this might and morning again. Just enough to shovel and clear it.

You really rocked this month and just made me happy with all your gorgeous pages and ideas for the fabulous theme!
I am sorry that I couldn't support it the way I should have as this collection had deserved to get much more pages with it's outstanding hostess!

Happy Sunday dear Elizabeth!
Hugs, Susi

aussie aNNie said...

BEAUTIFUL and it won't be long for your spring to arrive...we have had many scorchers of days and more to come..even too hot to swim... until sunset.xx

craftytrog said...

Your background is a wonderful setting for those beautiful images Elizabeth. It's a lovely spring spread!
Wishing you a happy Sunday,
Alison xox

CJ Kennedy said...

Beautiful Spring colors. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the robins as I count the days to Spring.

My name is Erika. said...

I am delighted to stop by and see ny signs of spring, as well as hearing from you and of course Bleuebeard too. (smile) This page makes me happy since the cold had returned after yesterday's breezy but more milder temperature. Love the birds and that beautiful bouquet of tulips! This is certainly inspirational and thanks for hosting such a fun challenge. I know I got hooked on the holidays, mainly because I didn't have a lot of spare crafting time, but I did enjoy seeing all the season beauties posted this month. Have a great end of 2018. See you for T. Hugs-Erika

RO said...

With the warm weather we're having here in almost January, your beautiful Spring Spread seems to fit perfectly. But this is also a reminder to finish up one Planner with Spring decorations that I mentioned earlier, and to start on two more for 2019. I know it sounds like overload, but I can't seem to help myself(lol) Once I pull everything together, I'll post a peek on the blog. Happy Sunday, and it's off to some football playoffs! Hugs...RO

Divers and Sundry said...

Spring birds sound so sweet, calling for mates and building their nests. I wish we had the variety you picture in your art :) but even our plain-jane sparrows are a joy to watch :) I'm wondering if we'll get more snow lol, so I'm not ready for spring-time yet.

Mia said...

I llllllove spring and I adoooooooore birds!!!!!!!! Beautiful creation, Elizabeth. HAPPY NEW YEAR, my friend.

Eileen Bergen said...

Beautiful spread, Elizabeth. I love the soft spring colors, the sentiment and the season (grin). Eileen

Meggymay said...

An absolute delight to see these beautiful bird pictures and of course the lovely bunch of tulips looked super. Its a fantastic springtime spread Elizabeth.
Winter will be with us for a lot longer, but your journal does promise us that spring will come.
Yvonne xx

Halle said...

Birds and spring...something to loo forward to...although I'm not quite done with winter. Almost but not quite.

Rita said...

Oh, how pretty they are! :)

Cindy McMath said...

This is gorgeous, and love the reuse of a pretty greeting card.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Oh these are so lovely! I love the watercolor effect of the inks in the background, and the bird pictures are so jewel-like. Wonderful. I also liked the picture on your next post with the map. For some reason, collages with maps appeal to me. Have a great day. And have a great New Year!

Jeanie said...

Well, I'm always glad to greet spring, no matter what the season! Love the use of the birds. Very pretty!