Friday, December 28, 2018

Love is


As everyone probably knows by now, Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month. For this spread we have a seasonal entry for you.

We call it Love is.  I'm showing the entire two pages here.

For this side, I give you six lovely textured hearts that signify both love and Valentine's Day.   Each heart is different, yet all coordinate well together.







I began by laying down a sheet of 110 lb card stock to cover the words and images on the pages.  I colored the background on the right using two water soluble crayons. Next I cut the hearts and rounded all the corners by hand.  Finally, I added the sentiment.

Bleubeard and I are so happy you chose to join us today and hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey where our themes are Favorite Season or 'Tis the Season.



17 thoughtful remarks:

froebelsternchen said...

That's just so beautiful Elizabeth! Gorgeous!
Another wonderful idea for your fantastic theme!
Have a great day!
Hugs, Susi

RO said...

Such a beautiful display, and a powerful reminder of kindness and love as we get ready to enter a new year. Thanks so very much! Hugs...RO

kathyinozarks said...

beautiful hearts
brrrr same weather here this morning in the 20s-quite a change
Happy Friday

Valerie-Jael said...

Well, you certainly put your heart into this one! Have a lovely day, Valerie

Jeanie said...

The red really pops! I love hearts so this made me smile.

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page of hearts Elizabeth! They have such lovely designs on them!
Alison xox

My name is Erika. said...

Those are spectacular hearts. Are they fabric or paper materials? When I went to Target the other day on my search for a new ugly sweater (mine ended up somehow-maybe mice when it was packed away in the attic-with huge holes in it-and who wants to pay full price for an ugly sweater? But they are big at my school like the whole week before Christmas and some people have a whole collection-kids in particular as they borrow their parents.) Anyhow, when I went to Target the other day they were putting out Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day things. It was only Dec. 26. One of those horrible things about retail. But you've inspired me to think about the new year and all the upcoming things with this page. Hope you have a great FRiday. Hugs-Erika ps-sorry for the ugly sweater verbal ramble also

Cindy McMath said...

These are lovely hearts Elizabeth, and they make a lovely page. Thanks for your kind words about my gelli prints. You asked if I cut any of my own stencils. I cut the heart mask, but the stencils were all premade. Maybe next time I’ll use some hand cut ones. I actually have a stencil cutter and stencil film, but I have not tried that yet. I wouln’t use paper stencils on the gelli plate as they might stick.

Divers and Sundry said...

Those are lovely, and they do coordinate perfectly. As we look ahead to the new year, love is something we'll want to carry with us :)

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful. At first glance, I thought all the hearts were the same pattern. A nice surprise to see they are all different.

Meggymay said...

A very romantic and beautiful journal page . The hearts look so pretty, each one with lovely flowers.
Yvonne xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Beautiful Elizabeth. Love to you both xXx

aussie aNNie said...

♥ this so pretty.xx

Rita said...

What pretty hearts. Looks like Scandinavian tole paintings on them. :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page to capture Valentine's! The hearts are so pretty and you did a fantastic job of cutting them out and rounding the corners by hand, maybe fussy cutting is your thing after all ... ha ha 😉. Happy weekend! J 😊 x

Nancy said...

Those prints are so pretty- each would make a great fabric print!

pearshapedcrafting said...

A truly beautiful Valentines page - it doesn't seem long since this years!! Hugs, Chrisx