Saturday, November 3, 2018

Dressed for success


Today I'm joining Erika at BioArtGal who is our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is Vintage or Modern, and today I have definitely chosen Vintage.

I appropriately call this one

"Dressed for Success."


I began by printing this image I had saved from the internet (possibly from one of the vintage sites shown on my right sidebar).  Then I fussy cut the frame and placed the image behind it using double sided tape and glue dots.  Next, I colored some orange paper, then stamped the label using gray ink.  I affixed the label to the page, then wrote the sentiment and added the faux brad attachments using my blue metallic gel pen.

Thank you for joining Bleubeard and me today at both Art Journal Journey and

Art Every Day Month (AEDM).

Once again, I want to reiterate, if you are on Flickr, Instagram, Facebook, or G +, I will visit, but I cannot leave a comment.  In fact, I can't even get on Facebook without first joining, which I am NOT willing to do.

21 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful frame around your two dapper gentleman. Have a great day, Valerie

johanna said...

vintage at its best, elizabeth! you found a great photo and framed it properly.
it just came to my mind: would i have loved to live at that time? oh well, not as a woman, i guess...
have a great weekend, xox

froebelsternchen said...

These gentlemen are obviously dressed to have success! You are totally right! You gave them an appropriate frame and I love the orange of the wording as a pretty complimentary to the male blue! Super entry for VINTAGE or MODERN!
Thank you for adding this lovely piece to the collection!
Happy Saturday dear Co.-Admin!
Rainy and cold here since this night, the whole week was still such a nice indian summer . Hope you feel completely well now and you are able to enjoy your weekend!
Happy AEDM as well!

Hugs, Susi

Meggymay said...

Two very handsome gentlemen, its a fantastic vintage picture and page, they do look very successful. I love how you framed them as well.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

These gentlemen are quite dapper, aren't they? I love this piece! Two dapper guys are perfect for a vintage take. I like the contrast of blue and orange. I can't image going through the work to dress up this way every day, as I suppose some men did, but then life was slower then so I guess getting yourself dressed was a bigger part of the day. Hope you have a great Saturday. We are WET and DARK here, once again. Seems like it has been this way all week. Hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

I forget to mention thanks for joining AJJ!

CJ Kennedy said...

At first I thought the image looked like the gentleman was looking in a mirror, but now I see that one has checked trousers and the other striped. Still, they look quite dapper and the frame enhances the vintage feel.

TammyVitale said...

love that the orange paper looks "old" - nice journal page! Great that it works for different challenges! Makes life simpler, doesn't it?

Jeanie said...

Definitely vintage and well titled too!

Eileen Bergen said...

Lovely, Elizabeth. Your gel pen looks very dimensional.

Sami said...

Love the frame around the gentlemen with their top-hats.
Great page Elizabeth. Have a wonderful weekend.

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous vintage page! The image is wonderful, your gentlemen look very dapper and the frame is beautiful too 😀. Happy weekend! J 😊 x

Divers and Sundry said...

Oh, those pants! Those jackets! Those hats! Every time I see men's vintage fashions I know I'd much rather wear them than the women's fashions from the same period :) I love how you framed and labeled them.

Rike said...

It looks like an artwork hanging in a museum with this orange "Dressed for Success", beautiful! What a great idea!
Wish you a happy Sunday!
Rike xx

Cindy McMath said...

Wonderful vintage image and I like the frame aspect as well.

Leah said...

Love the frame you used!

craftytrog said...

Great page! xx

Rita said...

How much times have changed! Lovely page. :)

Birgit said...

Who doesn’t love a classy gent? I really like this and your fussy cutting. I like the hint of orange and blue

Lowcarb team member said...

Love how these gentlemen are dressed, so very smart.
I do like the frame.

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love how you framed these two stylish gents! Love your art gallery label - and your title! Hugs, Chrisx