Thursday, August 16, 2018

Nature Part 2


In case you missed the first part from yesterday, you can view it here.  Since Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month, we are Counting our blessings. Nature is one of those blessings we should never take for granted.

Much like yesterday, I first laid out the postcards to see how they would fit on the page.

Once again, I created my background using my favorite handmade shimmering mist.  While it was drying, I painted white card stock using browns and orange watercolor crayons.  When dry, I glued the card stock to the back of the postcard and ruffled the edges using my scissors.

I stretched cheesecloth across the back of the postcard and added fibers and threads from my pile of saved threads.

These were all glued to more dark brown corrugated cardboard I cut to size.

For this side. I added the sentiment I colored using my watercolor crayons, and layered cheesecloth and threads on top of more corrugated cardboard.  Each assembly was glued to the background.

This took a long time to construct each assembly,

but I was quite happy with the outcome.

Then it was time to put both sides together.   I was very happy with how it turned out, even if it took a long time to create.

Bleubeard and I are once again grateful you joined us and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey.

25 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

The two pages together look great. Must have been a lot of work with all those threads. Have a great day, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

This is so beautiful together and the sentiment to it should be:
Nature and art at its best!
Just amazing my friend! Such a fantastic spread!
I wish you a very happy day!
Big hugs,
Susi

Gibby Frogett said...

Wow this is brilliant Elizabeth - I love all the layers and textures.
I imagine arranging and gluing down the fibres must have been fiddly - well done!
Gill xx

craftytrog said...

Wonderful page! I love all those fibres you layered your images on.
Alison xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Both of these are so beautiful - dashing as usual! Hugs, Chrisx

Caty said...

Wowww wonderful spread art journal page Elizabeth! It's amazing, gorgeous !! Love the way you have created each piece !! really fantastique !! Congratulations!
It is true that nature is amazing, beautiful, and we must always take care of it to the maximum, for the good of all, and, to raise awareness about it is our duty.
I wish you a very nice day, big hugss, Caty

Sami said...

Just seen both posts, the cards are beautiful, love the ones with the flowers.

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful pages! The shimmery background mists showcase the postcards beautifully and I love cheescloth backing with all those amazing fibres and threads - stunning 😁. Wishing you a great day! J 😊 x

CJ Kennedy said...

The assemblages are just as beautiful as yesterday's. Together the pages look like a boho chic painting arrangement on a wall.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Beautiful! I love the arrangement of the postcards and all of the fibers you mounted them on - almost like bird nests.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Elizabeth, do you have your shimmer mist recipe on your site? I've looked and looked and just can't find it.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

elizabeth; these turned out REALLY nice; great job; well done !!

da tabbies send ther best to the boyz bleu N squigglez ~~~~~ ☺☺♥♥ =^..^=

Divers and Sundry said...

They are especially gorgeous together. We always need reminders about how precious nature is.

Helen said...

these two pages turned out great!

Jeanie said...

This series is really terrific. I'm glad you did more in this vein!

Sharon Madson said...

Beautiful! What a great use for unused pieces fiber and thread, too. ( I mean rather than tossing in trash, like I have been doing for years!) The whole thing has such beautiful texture!

Meggymay said...

Wow this page is as equally beautiful as yesterdays page. Side by side it is a
an awesome spread. Great fiber layers and the nature cards look lovely.
Nature is a wonderful blessing.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

It is great seeing part 2 of these wonderful pieces Elizabeth. I enjoyed it as much as seeing part 1 yesterday. I'm am late commenting today since I was home and had a bunch of things I wanted to get done. Did I finish them all, no. But I can check a few things off the list. Hope you had a great day. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

I love these too!
Thank you for the links-sounds fun

Sandra Cox said...

Nature is a great pick and these are just grand. Again love the edging:)

Rita said...

Very pretty and delicate. :)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous layers and lovely detail. Happy creative weekend, Angela xXx

Cindy McMath said...

These pages are just so beautiful and interesting. I was going to leave a comment when I saw them the other day but I wanted to have time to really appreciate them first (I was probably running off to work). I just love the way you’ve added the fibres under the cards so that they aren’t all pasted down, but create such lovely dimension. Gorgeous!

Lowcarb team member said...

Very nice indeed, I like the textures.

All the best Jan

Jackie PNeal said...

These are stunning pages! I am all about the nature theme and Elizabeth, you really rocked it out here!
I can tell by looking at these mini collages that they took some time. But I can also see that they were put together thoughtfully and that makes them extra special! I am inspired by the bundles of fiber under each- I might have to give this a try myself! What type of glue do you use Elizabeth?
Beautiful art-truly!
Jackie xx