Friday, August 24, 2018

Chocolate


This may sound far fetched to you, but I believe chocolate is a blessing.

I'm even drooling.

Back in April when I was doing my 22 days of recycling, my friend and AJJ co-administrator Susi wrote something that stuck with me.

When I said something about we needed to save our planet, she wrote (of course, I'm paraphrasing here) that she totally agreed and added "This is the only planet that has chocolate."

I'm not only blessed with a friend I admire, one who "gets" my art, she also inspired this latest spread for Art Journal Journey.

YUM!

Susi's quote couldn't be truer.

I began by laying down two water soluble crayons (the gift from Cindy that just keeps on giving) in brown.  I found this yummy chocolate in a paint chip sampler.  I then sewed the three rectangles, the doily, and the sentiment using variegated thread.

Thanks for joining Bleubeard and me today as we enjoyed spoonfuls of chocolate.  We are grateful for your visit and hope you will join us with your own Count your blessings adventure at Art Journal Journey.

I also want to thank those of you who left such thought provoking and positive comments yesterday.  For some reason, I expected snarky comments, but instead got the best gift a person could: positive acceptance of my art AND message.  Thank you all!

20 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Great page. A piece of chocolate here and there is a must. Enjoy your day, Valerie

Cindy McMath said...

Oh how I love chocolate! And this page! What a terrific saying too. :) One more reason to try to save us from ourselves.

froebelsternchen said...

You just brought a BIG SMILE on my face and happiness into my heart this morning. Not just that this wooden spoons with the most yummie stuff on them and your fabulous sewed collage made me happy at first sight but I feel so honored about your lovely words about me and my always somewhat bumpy phrases as mastering English is often a bit difficult for me.
I was a chocolate junkie and always had even "chocolate attacks" in the past. But since a few years I master that. I add much de-oiled cacoa powder into my porridge or quark instead of eating chocolate and now I even have pleasure with adding Tasty Nut Nougat drops without any calories to my yoghurt and porridge and tea. Because I am not able to just take a little bit of chocolate at a time as many people do, no- I always took the whole bar at once or half of the Nutella jar at once if no chocolate bar was in the house and that isn't good for a body, can't be.
I guess chocolate makes happy and I can't get enough of happiness...lol! But the added sugar to chocolate and the fat
take away the benefit of the happiness cacao gives.

What a beautiful page this is Elizabeth!
Thank you for your amazing theme and the inspiration you give us at a daily basis. That's a blessing for folk at AJJ! This is so much work and organisation you do with so much love and the result is ART : HERE is fantastic ART on your blog always!
Art is just there where work meets love!


We had finally some rain that night and it cooled a bit down.
Such a pleasure!

Happy Friday and start of weekend for you and the boys!
Hugs, Susi

aussie aNNie said...

Yum, now I don't eat a lot of chocolate but now and again when a page like this shows up I am tempted.x

Lisca said...

Oh this page makes my mouth water! I know I ought to omment on how beautifulkly you stitched the page etc, but I am totally fixed on the chocolate. So yummy. I also like the fact they are on wooden (bamboo?) spoons. Great!
My hubby used to work for an English chocolate bar factory (Cadbury's) and we always had boxes full of the stuff under the stairs to take to the Sunday school or youth group. Luckily I was not tempted often, as most of it was milk chocolate. I like the bitter dark variety and (dare I say it) the chilli chocolate. To this day, I always have some bitter chocolate in the fridge and occasionally I treat myself to a square (or two)....
Munch, munch,
Lisca

My name is Erika. said...

Oh chocolate. It is definitely a gift of the Gods or a gift from heaven. Nothing is better. The scary part is that there is a fungi that is affecting cocoa plants. Coffee and bananas too. OK, but enough of being the Debbie Downer. I love your page and it is making me hungry. Between you and Kathy today-hee-hee. You found some excellent photos. And that is a great quote from Susi. It works well for this theme. have a super Friday. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Such a delicious page. Chocolate makes everything better.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Anything to do with chocolate works for me Lol! Hugs, Angela xXx

kathyinozarks said...

I love your new art page!
and I wanted to thank you for the link to the food blog-I just added it to my reading list-I do also go through a recipe and change many of the ingredients-less sugar and change that over to something better, coconut oil-no butter, I am getting ready to experiment baking with almond flour which has no carbs Happy Friday

Meggymay said...

Oh I am salivating just thinking of chocolate after seeing your fabulous page. It looks so inviting , its a good job we haven't any in the cupboard and the shops are to far away. I think chocolate to be the best comfort food ever.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous page and inspiration! The stitching and images are perfect for this yummy homage to chocolate 😁. Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊 x

Divers and Sundry said...

Yes! Chocolate is a blessing! I like all kinds of chocolate, including the drinkable kind and applaud you for lifting up something we so often take for granted :)

Barbara said...

🍩🍫🍩🍫🍩🍫🍩🍫🍩🍫
Gotta have chocolate everywhere! Great page!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

while I'm not a big time chocolate fan, this entire piece is well put together elizabeth; this sounds silly but the backdrop reminds me of clouds over a setting sun above the sea ~~~~~~ !! ☺☺♥♥

Marfi-topia said...

what a delicious piece of art!love it!

Nancy said...

Chocolate and sewing- what a marvelous pair!!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Elizabeth! The sewing, the colours, the spoons.....THE CHOCOLATE!!!! I used to love chocolate especially certain makes but now I only have dark chocolate and then only occasionally! T still has the brands I used to like and occasionally insists I try some, but it always tastes so sweet now! I do however, love this page and I love Susi's quote!! Hugs, Chrisx

Jeanie said...

Everything about this page works for me! Wonderful subject matter, perfect quote, great design and graphics, expressive texture -- it all comes together so well. Definitely one of the big blessings!

Thanks for your recent visit to Gypsy Land! You always leave the best comments. I should print them out and save them for a terrible day!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

This is a good reason not to travel to another planet! I love Susi's quote.

Jackie PNeal said...

Such an enjoyable post of two great loves! Chocolate and a dear friend-Susi! Yes Blessings for sure Elizabeth! <3
Jackie xx