Saturday, July 8, 2017

Camping Under The Stars


I'm on a roll (pun intended) with Moo-Mania & More's theme of Wheels this fortnight.  It fits in so well with Bleubeard's and my chosen theme of Summertime Love for Art Journal Journey

When we camp under the stars, we meet a different neighbor every night.

There are so many types of campers, like this one that is filled with summertime love.

This one was colorful and the owner decided to park near a patch of flowers someone had planted under a tree.

The owner of this one told us how he had restored this camper.

We ended up having iced tea with the owners of this camper.

We may or may not meet these campers again, but for this brief moment we got to know them and enjoy their company under the stars.

Materials for this spread began with 110 lb. white card stock I painted using two tones of brown acrylic paint.  I found the images on the internet and colored them using watercolor crayons (a gift from my friend Cindy).  I then fussy cut everything and glued the pieces in place.  The text was computer generated, and colored using more watercolor crayons.  The nice thing about using my laser printer with these was I didn't have to use a fixative to protect the printer ink.



Since these campers wouldn't go anywhere without wheels, I'm linking to Moo-Mania & More's theme of Wheels.







And because Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month, we're spreading some Summertime Love where we meet new neighbors at campgrounds every night.

17 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page again, love the buttons you used as decoration! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

This is a terrific page with such happy memories for me though we used to camp under stars in a tent we always met new people almost daily as we toured around.

Have a great weekend Elizabeth-do you ever manage to fit in any sleep :) You are always so busy online or off.

Love Chrissie xx

Dortesjs said...

Absolutely adore camping and your page

froebelsternchen said...

What an appropriate page to this Saturday here in my family as our daughter started off with her girlfriend and their parents and brother to a camper's week at Lake Balaton in Hungary this morning. I love how lovely you put this beautiful page together! It's a wonderful page and all the coloring is so beautiful and every little detail is really lovely!
I wish you a happy weekend and thank you for your nice words for me you lovely hostess. I feel so relieved that my Dad feels good - he had to have an emergency surgery after they found a brain haemorrhage - all went well - he told me that he is already feeling very well and that he will leave hospital on Tuesday - so I am really looking forward to see him tomorrow and can hug him. It's like a wonder for me after I had feared the worst at the time I was informed .

oxo Susi

CJ Kennedy said...

I love the different shapes of the campers. In my younger days, I went camping with a friend. One place we camped up in Maine, we were kept awake all night by a neighbor's dog who barked all day and night. We learned the dog's name was Sarah because all day and night we heard Shut up, Sarah! I'm not a fan of camping. Not really a Little Princess activity. I prefer camping out in an upscale hotel.

Sami said...

Happy camping Elizabeth. Great page.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Sandy said...

This is so fanciful - I love your use of the buttons and flowers!
sandy xx

Rosie said...

Wow, a very creative and amazing page, Elisabeth.

Thanks again for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

SHON said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing!

Meggymay said...

Oh Elizabeth I am in love with this page. It is so true about the new folk you meet when away in a caravan. We have had a few new neighbours these past few days , we talk, we laugh and we say goodbye, but it makes the days more pleasurable. It is a fantastic journal page.
Yvonne xx

Rita said...

Oh, this is so darn cute!! Love it. :)

My name is Erika. said...

Great idea. Going off in a travel trailer sounds like fun. You gt to see new things and meet new people and not worry about a hotel. You made this page awfully fun, which only adds to the experience. Hope its a great weekend so far. Hugs-Erika

Cindy McMath said...

This is so much fun Elizabeth! I love the campers, trailers and tent trailers you found for this page, and I'm so glad you are enjoying the watercolour crayons. You've used them to great effect here.

Divers and Sundry said...

My family went tent camping every summer when I was growing up, so once again you're bringing back fond memories :)

Jeanie said...

This is such fun. I love the color, the style, the textures. It just works in every possible way!

Gibby Frogett said...

Oh this is fabulous fun - love it Elizabeth.
Brings back memories from my childhood camping with Brownies and Girl Guides. Nothing like sleeping under the stars and cooking on an open fire.
Gill xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a great time everyone had! Since we got our static caravan I have only ever been in one other which we rented! I am feeling that it is time we had another holiday like it now I have seen this! A truly wonderful page! Hugs, Chrisx