Thursday, January 19, 2017

Unassembled Snowmen


My friend Erika is hosting Art Journal Journey this month, with her "Every journal page tells a story" theme.  It can be interpreted so loosely, it gave me the opportunity to create something with a bit of humor.  And I needed a bit of humor (and something quick) today because I spent far too long trying to get my new home phone system installed.

It also allowed me to use up some of my leftovers from previous projects, too.

Snowmen fall from the sky unassembled!  You can't argue with that logic.

As I began assembling this spread, I ran out of glue.  I also ran out of glue dots. 

So, other than the glue I used on the small snowflakes, the pieces are held together with a prayer.   A huge prayer, in fact!

Rubber stamped images were used for the snowman.

I hand wrote the sentiment.

I started with a premade holiday card front that I added little clear plastic snowflakes to.  The sentiment was hand written, then added to the substrate, an 8.5 X 11 inch background left over from Christmas tip-ins.  Finally, I added the snowman and snowflake stamped images on a purple background.  Now all I need to do is punch three holes in the left side and add it to my journal pages.

Thanks beyond belief for visiting today and thanks to Art Journal Journey where the journal art is always the BEST!

14 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

i have a stamp with that sentiment on... hope you get some more glue soon!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your page and your reasoning here is very sound! Hope the phone system is working now. Have a fun day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

How appropriate to the
"Day of the Snowman "which I heard on radio was an international date yesterday ( never heard about that before...lol) !
I can imagine what a drama this was with the installation of the home phone system! You are a capable woman to manage this all by yourself! Be proud of yourself!
Thank you for another fab page to Erika's theme!
You rock again this month!
Thank you for your always so deep reflecting comments on my blog dear Elizabeth!
That makes me happy!
oxo Susi

chrissie said...

A great quote as the basis for this terrific page Elizabeth.

I wouldn't know where to start with installing anything so well done for managing to do it.

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx

My name is Erika. said...

You have such a clever way of viewing the process. I would never have thought of thinking of a snowman that way. Love it. That card is in the background is a really cool view of snowflakes. :) We had some fresh perfect snowman snow yesterday, and maybe when I finally go out to shovel after work today I should use that snow to make one.:) Hope you got your phone all set up and working. Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

Its a good quote to go with your fantastic page.
I think assembling a snowman would be easier than installing a phone system, I am in no way technically minded. Good for you, you don't ever seem to let things stop you making progress, I hope all is well with the phone system now.
Yvonne xx

CJ Kennedy said...

What a fun page! And I was so happy to see your hand-written sentiment. I always wonder when I see journal pages why typography is favored over hand-written? As to no glue, if you have matte medium, gloss medium, even Modge Podge, these will work as glue in a pinch. Sorry electronics is giving you a pain in the neck. Hope those problems are resolved soon.

Linda Kunsman said...

such a fun page! I love how you captured the wonderful shine of the sequins. It seems like new "anything" systems or products are a pain anymore. Good luck with your phone.

pearshapedcrafting said...

You have definitely made me smile Elizabeth! I have had to attend two meetings at short notice and one scheduled meeting here at our retirement complex! That along with grandparent duties and a bank meeting (trying to sort out accounts ready for T's state pension!) and some nice stuff like the cinema and going out with eldest son (took him to the Creative Recycling Gallery and for coffee this morning) I don't seem to have had much time to myself this week! Well done to you for finding time to make a journal page and sorting your phone line out - I will have to test it one day!!
My son enjoyed the visit BTW, he has plans to cut down on his renovation of properties and spend time making art with recycled materials. I think seeing so many good ideas this morning has inspired him!
Hoping to play with new stamps soon! Hugs, Chrisx

Birgit said...

This is a great art journal page. Love the snowman and the snowflakes look great!

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

You know, I never really thought of it that way, but snowmen really do fall out of the sky unassembled.......

Divers and Sundry said...

How delightful! And now I know I'll see every snowflake as a not-yet-assembled snowman lol Thx!

Jeanie said...

I LOVE that! Falling snowmen, unassembled! You are so clever and now it will stick in my head forever!

Thanks for visiting me. I'm trying to catch up after the trip to Dallas. Glad you like the "check in" -- it's fun, especially when you are either pressed for time or don't have much to say!

Cheers!
j

Laney said...

What a fun quote! I love seeing your snow art.