Thursday, March 3, 2016

February calendar with March in the wings


I've had this post ready since the 29th, but this was the first I was able to share it.  It's been a busy start to March, that's for sure.

Since this month revolved so heavily around hearts and love, I thought it was only fair to decorate my calendar pages with them.  I cut hearts from candy wrappers I saved and used part of a rubber stamp on the hearts for Valentine's Day.  I didn't get the page high enough on my scanner, so of course, I cut off the bottom of some of the hearts.  Please note I covered the names of the people I shared Super Bowl Sunday with, since they are paranoid of getting their names on the internet.

My March calendar is ready to fill in.  In fact, I've already filled in the first two days while I waited to post these pages.   I'll decorate it further when I know better what this month is all about.  I can tell you on Tuesday I went to the eye doctor and on Wednesday I went to the dentist. 

Simple, plain, and mostly unadorned, I find using this calendar is so much easier than when I tried to make it a bit more artsy.  It fits my style and my ever increasingly busy life.  Thanks for visiting, because this is the only place you will see this calendar, since I'm no longer linking to Kate who has shifted from her blog to other social media sites I don't subscribe to.

9 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful calendar Sweetie, well done on keeping it up! Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Always great to see your calendar pages Elizabeth!
Happy March!

Darla said...

Great start to the month. Happy to see those tea cups. I depend on Tea Stands for Tuesday to keep me going in the blogging world.

Halle said...

Nice job on the hearts theme...I see you took one for the team with the candy wrappers. :)

Sandra Cox said...

Love your calendars! Those hearts looked like they came from Hershey Kisses...yum.

Meggymay said...

Lovely calendar pages, you looked busy last month, was it wrapping papers for the hearts? great recycling.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

What a great way to look back on your month. I like those Hershey kisses hearts. Awesome way to recycle. And I noticed you've got your basketball ready for March Madness. Well maybe. Are you a March Madness fan? :)

Linda Kunsman said...

good for you to be so vigilant in keeping up with the calendars Elizabeth! I loved it the few years I did do them but then got bored. I like the idea of having a few bites of Hershey kisses in order to make hearts:)

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love the hearts on the February pages! I still have to post mine although, like you, they have been ready for a while! Love that you too have been for your Spring checks! Hugs, Chrisx