Monday, February 29, 2016

T Stands For KaThy Time


Last Friday, while I was unable to get online, my dear friend Kathy visited.

It was a wonderful day, where we both exchanged gifts, including some lutradur I gave her.  I've had it for ages, and knew I would never use it, especially after she showed an interest in trying some of the techniques in Rebekah Meier's fabric art collage book.

She was so impressed with the book I loaned it to her.  I may never get it back, but I don't mind.  Of course, while taking photos, I completely forgot to eat my honey oatmeal cupcake I bought for both of us.  I seem to be on a cupcake/muffin binge lately.


We spent over three hours looking at things each of us had gifted the other.  I was over the moon with two (count them TWO) containers of E6000.  Kathy prefers hot glue, while I prefer E6000.  She told me she had three open and one never opened container of this wonderful adhesive, so I was thrilled that she thought of me.  She also brought me some die cuts and left some of her dies.

While there, she showed me some videos on YouTube.  It's no secret I can't get it on my old computer.  I get about seven seconds, then the computer freezes up and I have to reboot.   Sad, but true.  I was shocked and impressed with the speed of her phone.  To think a phone can do that, just about blew my mind.


She picked the place and I paid.  I like this place and she I went there once before.  She drove, so I thought it only fair I picked up the tab.  After all, she had come to visit me, and I wasn't about to fix a meal.

That's especially true when we can eat this well 

and she can eat meat and I can have veggies, beans, and rice.  We both also had water with lime after drinking coffee at my house all morning.  I'm hungry just looking at all that salad and veggies.  I'm certainly ready to go back anytime Kathy wants to.  Although we talked about going shopping, we spent too much time visiting and enjoying each other's company.  As a result, we stayed at the restaurant for nearly two hours.  What a day.  Of course, we both wondered where the time went as she dropped me at home.

Now you've seen my T post, it's time for yours.  Please link any post below that involves some form of drink.   That drink could be made from art, sketched, digital, hybrid, or traditional.  It can be a time when you were out and about, or a drink you had at home.  It could be in the form of a book you read, a postcard you received, scrapbook page you created, or a movie you watched.   It doesn't matter as long as you can, in some way, tie it back to a drink.  After linking your post below, Bleubeard, the T gang, and I will be by to visit and enjoy whatever you choose to share.  And remember, as Bleubeard would say, your photos may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday.



And please don't forget to dig up a Second on the 2nd post.  It's any post that you have shared in the past and can be anything you want to share again.  

21 thoughtful remarks:

Krisha said...

Such a fun sounding day. Yes it's mind boggling what we can do with our cell phones. I normally keep You Tube for my laptop, so I can see it better.

All the food, set before you two sounds and looks like a tasty feast.

Thanks for sharing your day with Kathy with us. Happy T-day

Lisca said...

Another fun insight into your life. Los Reyes restaurant looks great. The food especially. I spy a tasty salad.
Yes, cell phones are strange things. I'm still getting to grips with mine. I really need a nine year old to teach me but I don't know any youngsters that can help me. I use my phone mainly for Whatsapp messages as that doesn't cost anything. I can get internet but the screen is so small I can't read any of it. You Tube I get on my laptop or my tablet.
Looks like you had a really lovely time with your friend kathy. Thanks for sharing your lovely day.
Happy T-day,
Blessings,
Lisca

Craftymoose Crafts said...

It always blows my mind that I can get on the internet while shopping should I want to read reviews or specs on a proposed purchase. It looks like you and Kathy had a fun day and a great meal!

My name is Erika. said...

That lunch looks delicious! I just ate dinner but now I am hungry again. And what a good friend you have. Good friends are the best, but good arty friends are even better. Glad your internet is back up too. Ours is pretty sad here, slower than slow, always buffering, but it is better than nothing. Have a wonderful T day! Hope your weather is still warm and spring like. Hugs!

Carol said...

Sounds like you've had a grand day with your friend and both scored on the exchange :0)

Jeanie said...

Sounds like a great time, Elizabeth -- I love art days with friends -- a little art stuff, swaps, talk and lunch? What's not to love!

I like E6000 too, though my first choice adhesive is Golden gel medium. Depends on the project. Seems I only use the glue gun for more crafty things and when the glue has to set NOW! Or on wicker/grapevine/ or with naturals.

So many good options, though!

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks like you both had a fun day and shared lots of great gifts. That restaurant loos wonderful, as do the yummy muffins. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

johanna said...

so enjoyable! isn´t it the best to go to a good restaurant with a friend? the Food on your last photos Looks so yummy!
how nice of Kathy to think of you with the glue. and the book Looks interesting, too.
have a great t-day and rest of the week, elizabeth!

froebelsternchen said...

That's exactly the best way to enjoy a day with a friend or mind kindred person! The food looks fantastic - makes me hungry - hadn't have any breakfast yet...
Yes - those little miracle cell phones today ...
sometimes I feel like a technical Neanderthal woman with all this fabulous technical equipment nowadays! Just great!
Happy T-Day my friend!
oxo
Susi

AiyanaKalyna said...

I love when you share your adventures with Kathy. The food looks sooooo good. I am starving. :) Everything looked good from the muffins to the Mexican fare. My DH is a big cell phone guy. It's a must for his work. He has a high end phone. We buy his phone outright so we don't get stuck in an expensive contract. It saves so much money in the long run. My DH uses his phone till it falls apart. I never had a smartphone. I had no need for one. I was happy with my TracFone for emergencies. I realized I was actually losing money not having one. I did not want a big expensive fancy cell phone. I went to WalMart last month & got one of the T-mobile pre-paid smart phones. It was $50. My phone is lightening fast. I know what you mean how fast a phone is. I can't get over how fast it is. It is faster than my computer. That is the one area where I do spend money on is my computer. I have a very fast and fancy gaming computer. I love my phone. My DH even loves my phone. He can't believe how fast it is. I even have a radio on my phone so I get my local radio stations. My husband's state of the art phone does not have radio. He's so upset about this, lol.

Divers and Sundry said...

That muffin looks like something I'd definitely enjoy, and the Mexican resstaurant looks festive. What a fun day with a friend! :)

Darla said...

There is nothing like spending time with a good friend. It is great that you two share interests (and products). The meal you had looks quite tasty.

Linda Kunsman said...

Another chapter in "the adventures of Kathy and Elizabeth" -love it! Now this is the perfect way to spend time with a dear friend. So nice to be able to trade gifts and borrow too. Your dinner looks so good Elizabeth and it appears you had a lovely sunny day in which to enjoy the outing. Happy T day!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Being a bit giddy today - totally forgot to link earlier!! What a great post this is! Love seeing you and Kathy together - a fabulous gift swap there - Kathy seems to be well into that book! Yes, phones these days are great - if you can get a signal! The screens can be quite big too! I rely on mine when we go away but as you know the signal at the caravan is up and down like a yo-yo!! I must say Los Reyes looks like a great place - although I do eat some meat I often choose a veggie option - and yours looks delicious! I love that you sat chatting for two hours - cheaper too!!!! Hugs, Chrisx

Dianne said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! the food looks yummy...and what fun to trade supplies. Yes, the smart phones are really amazing these days...I think they have more power and memory than a lot of our old computers! sorry to hear your computer isn't doing well...hope it will last a while longer. We couldn't get along without T Tuesday and your Tutorials! happy T day dear friend...

Nancy said...

Isn't it funny how swapping supplies makes it feel like Christmas? Other people's stuff is always so interesting! What an enjoyable day, even without the shopping.

Halle said...

Gifts,food and friendship...what a wonderful post.

Rita said...

Such fun to chat so long you had no time to shop!! Love it! Nothing better than Girl-Time!

I'd be upset if I couldn't watch youtube videos! I am annoyed enough that I am having issues with slowness, freezing, and getting disconnected because of this Shockwave Flash compatibility thing with my Mac. That effects my Netflix, too--and even just opening a new page! Grrr! Everything works fine on Dagan's old MS tablet that he gave me--but I don't know how to get around well on that little thing at all. I can manage to stream youtube and Netflix, though--so that has kept me from throwing my McLap out the window--LOL! ;)

Happy T-Day!! And thanks for hosting when it must take you a long time and a lot of patience to do so. :)

Meggymay said...

A lovely post to read, you have had a wonderful day with your friend, thank you for sharing her visit to you.
Yvonne xx

~*~Patty S said...

Nothing like spending time with good friends!
You and Kathy share so much creativity and fun.
She is a good sport letting you post so many photos of her.
I am not crazy about most of my photos :-)
Missed everyone for T.
Jim's brother in CA died and it's thrown me all off balance.
I have not said anything on my blog...can't seem to find the words.
oxo

Anonymous said...

Fun times with your good friend. I like that Rebekah Meier book and she has some great technicques. E6000, I'm with you, take it over hot glue anyday. Looks like a fun Mexican spot for a bite to eat. Beans and rice I love too, even though I do eat meat. I always seem to prefer your choices for Mexican when we dine out. Yum. xox