Saturday, October 24, 2015

Journal 52, Week 43: Focus


For Week 43, our host Chelle at Journal 52 chose Focus as the prompt of the week.

I began with a used file folder and the paint scraping technique I'm so fond of.  I forgot to punch holes in the folder, but will do so before I create next week's art.

I rotated the top quotes so you could read them.

I also rotated the bottom quotes.  All quotes were printed and outlined using a Sharpie. 

Probably not my best entry, but I'm grateful for you stopping by.  I'm trying to keep as much stress and strain off my shoulder as possible, so that's why this week's art is so brief.  Again, thanks for your continued support of my art.

12 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Good Morning Elisabeth and Team! Well, it's early morning here! Love the greens and yellows in the background of your page, and how you cleverly laced your journaling to focus on the word 'focus' in the middle - really good. I wish you a lovely day, although it must be bedtime just now in your part of the world. Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

That's an upliftig page and well done !
Happy Saturday Elizabeth!
oxo
Susi

Halle said...

Focus...my word of the year. So far I believe I am failing on focus. Nicely done page with the quotes. Perhaps this reminder will help me to focus. Or maybe I should just choose a word opposite of what I want to do for the year and then I'll meet my goal since I seem to rebel again any sort of goal I set in motion.

johanna said...

your Focus quotes are marvellous! i sometimes have a hard time to stay focussed on something, too many things crossing my mind... but a good advice really!

Meggymay said...

A realy strong uplifting set of quotes. Its a wonderful page to focus your thoughts when reading it.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

I lvoe those pieces of encouragement. Like fortune cookies, and better!

Carol said...

I love your page !!!! As a person with ADD it's a constant struggle for me to stay on focus... this month has been even more difficult than normal since getting sick . I have almost burst into tears over it at times. I'll have to come back and reread this page often :)

Anonymous said...

I'm hyper focused these days. Glad I can do it. Wonderful encouraging page though, we all need that gentle kick in the you know what once in a while. xox

pearshapedcrafting said...

You really are so brilliant at choosing the perfect combination of colours - this is such a lovely page! Grabbing a chance to comment using my phone while on the move! Hugs Chrisx

~*~Patty S said...

FOCUS is definitely a good thing and this page you created is uplifting and well done.
Focus is something I really need to well ... focus on these days ;-)
Hope you're feeling better E.
oxo

Teresa Arsenault said...

I like how you have all of your words of wisdom pointing to the word FOCUS. I especially like the one about focusing your mind on things you desire rather than what you fear.

I'm linking from Journal 52 and I think you did a great job.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Health is Wealth said...

Great focus quotes collection. Thanks!!