Friday, August 14, 2015

The final zoo photos from the second night


These are the last of the photos from the zoo.  If this is your first visit, you can see the ones I showed yesterday here and the photos I took the first night from the tram here and here.

For those of you just joining the tour, we are in the Australia area where we will see mostly birds and more birds.

We left off where I tried to get a photo of a black swan.  I was so excited, and it truly WAS the highlight of the night.

Some of the animals at the zoo were free to roam without restrictions.



The same can't be said for the Emu, which hid behind the fence.


Others walked directly in front of me (and my camera lens).


Some tried to hide,


while others viewed me with curiosity.


Then there were some that thought the camouflage would save them from my lens.

Next, we walked through a room and I thought we were finished with Australia.

Not so, because there were more birds to see.



Ah, these don't look like birds.





And they are cute, too!

More birds, but I didn't see a placard, so your guess is as good as mine.


That is supposed to be a fox sleeping in the grass, but all I managed to get was a great (NOT) photo of the fence holding him/her in.




You can see how we meandered around the area, because this is a shot facing west.

And then we were on the other side of the fox's pen.  This time I was able to get a photo of him/her sleeping.  That must have been one tired fox, because there were lots of kids screaming at it, and it didn't move a muscle.



And we are finally out of Australia.

Sally definitely looks worse for wear, and I could tell she was ready to go home, even though we had not seen the meerkats, which is what she really came to see.  Instead, she insisted it was time to leave, and, since it was getting late, anyway, I didn't try to find them.

As we walked back to the exit, I shot these photos.





I read somewhere that each zebra's markings are as unique as human fingerprints.

Two final shots of the pond outside the gate show the lilies that are not nearly as large as those found in the Amazon.

Thanks for joining me on this two week voyage.  I hope you enjoyed it, and I'm sure I'll be going back with Sally as soon as the weather cools a bit!

10 thoughtful remarks:

froebelsternchen said...

AMAZING photos Elizabeth! Thank you!
I enjoyed being with you there!
oxo
Susi

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I enjoyed all your photos in this post and the previous ones at the zoo because it is one of my favorite places to visit! The zebra are really gorgeous with these different markings. Thanks for sharing!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos again, you really got to see a lot there. I often wonder how the animals and birds see us - are we entertainment for them, too? Glad you had such an enjoyable visit there. Hugs, Valerie

Viktoria Berg said...

Great fun! Australia seems so interesting. An adventurous sister of mine told me of a bird there that go into hiker´s rucksacks unless they are locked very sturdily. Can´t remember the name of it, though.

Divers and Sundry said...

Oh, wonderful! Your zoo really is a good one.

Carol said...

Love all of your photos!!! My spur of the moment ttip to our zoo did mit TN hive me msny photo opps as db I only hadmy Un cellphone sncmost of the animals were in the deeep shsde or totally out of sight.

Helen said...

The Zebra are great, not really fond of birds, though - and as you found, the bars and cages do get in the way of decent photos! Hope you see some more animals next time you're able to go! (btw, I went to Kew last weekend, so you know what that means, not sure if you saw the results.... not going today though so you're spared more!)

TwinkleToes2day said...

It's certainly a very interesting zoo, with many species and varieties to enjoy seeing. TFS with us Elizabeth.
Have a great weekend :o)

dawn said...

Hello Elizabeth! These pictures are wonderful as the ones below post are too. Can't believe the amount of photos you got, I barely got any when we went last month. LOVE the zebra ones here and the giraffe ones below. Ours were too far away to see them good so really glad you got some good ones to share here!!

Hope you are doing well and not too hot. We are getting hot here again for the next week, ugh, too much heat is not good for me.

I'm starting my Week in the Life project tomorrow, hoping to blog about it through the week if time and computer not to slow.

Take care, happy weekend! xo

My name is Erika. said...

I love your zoo photos! I still love to go to the zoo, or an aquarium any place I can enjoy the animals. Looks likw you had a great time!